Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 24. ✿ - - - Life Issues
I'm not motivated to do anything anymore.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Forever_Rose09

Shirtless Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Pie Pusher 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:56 pm
Since high school started for me things have gone smoothly... Well, at first. Last year I didn't have too many friends, so I was determined that I would find that one group of people that I belonged with and could hang out with together. But now it's November and I still sit with the same one person at lunch. My awkward shyness around people I don't know has ruined so many good opportunities. No joke.
And my grades are up and down the charts. I'm getting a C- in Math, C in Home Ec, B in PE, A in Science, and probably a C in Humanities and a B in Drama (my favorite subject.). I don't know if the friends thing is a factor of this, but I'm not motivated to do anything school related anymore. I'm just so lazy and can't do my homework. There's no motivation for it at all. And when I do actually try to, my brain automatically makes me procrastinate and do, like, half of it and leave the rest because it's due tomorrow and I'll have time. Then when the next day comes I'm screwed because my homework isn't done. When I have weekend homework, I barely do any of it at all because my laptop is there.
So how do I deal with this? I know I've got to stop procrastinating but it's like a built-in thing in my brain. I studied for 20 minutes for my science test tomorrow and I know I'm screwed. Again. Any advice? I've got to stop or my grades will fall even lower.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:41 pm
Forever_Rose09
If you are truly concerned about your grades you would study, stay away from leisure stuff...

I don't know what to tell you else.
There was also good tips on google when you type how to stop to procrastinate.  

Miss_XxAriaxX

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:52 pm
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I agree with the first user, if you did care then you would stop and do what you know you have to do! Don't blame your laptop for being in your face and thus you get on sites that are not school related. When I was having problems with school I was told to do homework at the kitchen table and not in my room where my TV, PS2 and computer were.

I don't think your grades are that bad though, my parents would be happy if I had a report card like that. I mean hell they were just excited that I got an all C report card!

And you know it might help if you ask your friends or people in your class to study with you, that way you can improve your grades and get over your shyness.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:02 pm
Let's start by asking yourself. Why do I procrastinate? Keep asking yourself why and the answer will come out. Humans avoid doing things to avoid being in relation with others and I'm not talking about bf/gf relationships.  

lunaofmars

Mellow Marshe

Dapper Dabbler

2,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:23 am
Forever_Rose09

It almost sounds like youre depressed :/
I know times when Ive fallen into depressions I never want to do anything. Even if its something I know I should be doing or even want to do, I just cant bring myself to do it.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:47 pm
If you're having trouble focusing, making a schedule for work and break time might help. I know a few times in grade 11 I would use a pre-written schedule that was 20 minutes of work, 10 minutes break. For something like an essay that wouldn't be effective, for that was the sort thing I just needed to buckle down for and work solidly. However if it was simply answering questions, I found it highly effective.

Alternatively, you could try picking one spot in the house, and making it "your spot" for the afternoon/evening. Make sure it's away from major distractions, and stay there until you get all your work done.

I find if I'm feeling stuck in my life, my motivation just tends to die. Sometimes my mind will get cluttered with ideas of non-school related things which make it difficult to keep my priorities straight. It is very possible the lack of friends is a trouble. I know I'd get rather bitter and irritable in classes I had no friends in. It could be weighing on your mind.

Also, alternatively to what has been said, there have been times where I avoided my work because I cared too much. It caused anxiety that I couldn't handle, so the only thing I could do to stop the anxiety was avoid the problem.

L o s t -x- A b y s s

Durem Dark Elf

10,400 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

MorganAndYou

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:37 pm
You sound just like me, lol, basically. Minus the friends.
I still struggle with it, but you basically have to force yourself to do it. Sit down at the kitchen table without distractions and do your work. If you have time during the school day, you can save some work for then. Like I would do some homework in study hall, and then some homework at lunch.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:52 pm
I'm dealing with both of those problems this year as a junior. I've had to quit the school newspaper because it was adding an extra thing to worry about and I can't handle it. Part of it's depression and part of it is sheer work and stress.

Don't worry about the friends for now (Unless you're someone that can't stand to be alone. I can go without friends for months on end, but many people can't, it's understandable.) Focus on finding one really good friend. That one good friend can give you a positive boost to get you going. I have one really good friend, and she's all I've really wanted to have around this year. It's great.

Homework problems.... >.< I have that issue too. It's hard to stay away from the laptop, the TV, music....but you just have to. Pushing yourself is the way. Try to make a set time every single day where you do something productive. Even if you don't have any homework for the day, try doing something else productive. It's much easier to get things done if it gets done within a habitual time every day. I've been trying that out lately, and it works. If you are feeling depressed it's also a nice little boost of knowing you did something good that day.

Just take it one step at a time.  

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:39 am
I am shy as well, I understand how that affects relationships. I'm afraid that I sound like an idiot everytime I meet somebody because I appear nervous or am not sure what to say. I'm more of a listener than a talker. I've been working on it, but still have a long way to go.

I remember at one point in my life where I wasn't motivated to do anything and that was in high school. It started off one day feeling a bit "slow" as if it was one of those days that just felt like "bleh" and then it'd be better the next day since we all have days that are slow and feel pointless once in a while. Well, I kept feeling like this day by day and it wasn't getting better. My grades suffered a bit, I didn't want to talk to anyone - not even my friends, and I didn't want to smile or laugh. Eventually, I figured I was depressed because the feeling was getting worse and wasn't going away. My lack of motivation was because I felt it pointless as well and didn't feel I had the energy or interest to do anything even though it needed to be done. It was a year before this went away and I was never diagnosed by a doctor. What snapped me out of it was meeting someone whose life sounded worse than my own and as silly as it sounds - classic rock n' roll music helped me a lot, too, and it destresses me after a few minutes of winding down and listening to it.

If you believe it's only procrastination - I have that problem naturally xD just get it done little by little. At school, whenever you have time - work on your homework. Sometimes I find I work better in school than at home. If I get homework, there's like a 5% chance that I will take my time to do it at home. I usually stay at school and finish it or finish it at someone else's house. I see home as a place to relax and distractions so I don't want to get my homework done at home. If I do have to get it done at home, I just tell myself, "The sooner - the better. If I get it done now, I will have more free time later." I know that I have to really push myself to get something done. Although, I make sure I have a 10 - 15 minute break when I feel that my homework is getting overwhelming or I have been working on it from 30 minutes to an hour. However, I still have to remember to get back to my homework. Breaks with homework are good if you can afford that kind of time.  
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games