Submit

Stranger_Lady_Endare

Loved Shapeshifter

7,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:26 pm
Ok so I'm going to start off i haven't been on gaia for a long time due to another gaian my sons father. I figure I should proli return to the support group i had way back when I was Haiwk. One I just need to vent and let this all out and than ask some advice. First of yes i keep him on my friends list that's cus if i see him online i wont be. This man almost took my sons life before he was born. I should have cut contact then nope "loved" him put my son in danger a second time. and this is where i need advice

1 Ive already reported it but seeing as my son is so young and nothing can be positively confirmed nothing can be done. saying that

I was smart enough that when i disappeared the first time to make sure he was never listed as the father and locked it tight so that he couldn't fight it in court.

my son was given to his father (who lived alone) for a short period of about a month. Durring that time i enrolled in school than ******** it off because of what my son started to do. my son was a good talker and very happy. since i got him back.

it has taken me 6 months to get him to talk
he has started to hump the dog the sippy the pillow everything (i read its normal but ... he never did it before he went there)
when he came home he freaked out when i tried to change him
and when he did start talking he tells me im a bad mommy and he hates me

my son has extreme corn and corn derivative allergies, soy and cow milk ive push back my schooling a messed up my student loans. he gets into food all the time that makes him sick screams at me and i am at my wits end

i dont know what else to do i dont have family i was raised in foster care so i dont know who to talk to or ask , I dont know where to start to help my son  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:07 am
sweatdrop I have no kids, and this sounds very serious so I'm going to tread lightly.

1. As for your school loans, usually if you call or send in paper work you can get a forbearance for repayment if you can not afford to make a payment etc.

I can't give you any advice on what to do about the father part... sounds like you've figured that out maybe...so I guess just stay strong with it and don't fall into bad habits, for your son's sake.

2. Food Allergies: Your son is going to crave that which he is intolerant to. I'm sorry to tell you that, but it's true. He will seek it out and want it so badly he may get a little crazy about it until it's been out of his system long enough that it no longer is a craving. But if he eats it accidentally again that voracious need for it could return, so keep an eye on that. I have this with gluten (wheat) and refined sugars actually. I would sit and eat entire loaves of white bread what I was younger... which to my mom was just "oh she's eccentric" but I'm actually very intolerant to it and only discovered this recently.

You need to clean your house and food out of corn and corn derivative. I'm sorry but, you need to change your at home diet to his diet. Don't give him the opportunity to make the mistake at home of eating food that he can't have. Just cut it out completely.

- I think the not talking thing can be attributed to food allergies too... especially ones like corn, gluten and dairy. I know that sounds weird but it's true, ingesting things you can't process can make children literally not talk because it messes with the brain.

I am no doctor, no child expert etc. this is only second hand knowledge of things I've learned from personal experience and other people's personal situations they've shared with me.

Best of luck to you with this, it seems like you will need a lot of strength.

lady ayami chan

Virtuous Saint

Stranger_Lady_Endare

Loved Shapeshifter

7,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:48 am
eek stares at the only stash of food he cant have in the house my danish stash crying

sweatdrop I didn't think he was getting into it but now that helps explain why i was missing a few every month

when i quit school i basically started farming so he could eat will post the list of corn allergies next for example... i even have a goat 3nodding  
RL (Real Life) General Discussions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games