Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Ok this seems like I'm getting attacked...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I am 4 Angry birds

Brainy Traveler

11,450 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:12 pm
Starting to experience things that feel like it. First my ex-boyfriend takes off with his new girlfriend, and now I'm having to see a doctor for gout in my knee. It seems like spiritual attacks, because I work at a restaurant where I'm on my feet constantly. I had my pastor pray for my knee, but it got worse. I know this just has to be the devil attacking.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:55 pm
Or it could simply be a series of unrelated things occurring in relatively rapid succession, which could cause you to think there's some form of connection ('cuz really, most people aren't hit with a bunch of problems all in a row... you live most days without huge turbulence). I wouldn't say there's any reason to automatically assume it's some kind of demonic attack.

...Though it might actually be. Still, God never said life would be easy, and there is absolutely nothing in the world that can permanently hurt you if your soul is saved. Even if you die, it just means you can't be hurt any more, and no injury or problem will ultimately persist. o wo Do your best, don't give up, and things will eventually get better. One way or another.  

Rednal

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:42 pm
It is entirely possible that it's spiritual warfare because it happens to believers constantly. It's like a never ending battle - the only end that there will be to it is when it's the end of the world and every knee will bow. The only one who can restore our soul and give us peace and rest is God. In times of hardship, look to God even more because He is the great physician that can heal your knee and guide you down the path of righteousness.

A lot of things in this earth also happen and we aren't sure why. Sometimes it's not because we're being attacked, but because God is letting something unfortunate happen in order to prevent an even greater misfortune.

For example, I was looking for a new church to go to, and thought I had finally found one and their website and everything looked fantastic and I was planning on going the next Sunday. That Sunday came, I felt ill, but only for the morning and afternoon and then I felt fine. I still planned to go to that church the next Sunday. Next Sunday came around, my husband felt ill and was apologizing that we couldn't go. I still planned on the next Sunday and during that week they had uploaded sermons, which they hadn't done before. I watched one and was shocked - they didn't seem to truly follow God. I believe that God had us feel ill for a short time because He didn't want us to be there and we felt fine the following Sundays after we had decided not to go to that church.

Another time, I heard a story of somebody that was on their way somewhere with a bus full of people and one person felt ill. The bus driver decided to pull off the road for the sake of the sick individual. While they were off the road, there was a semi truck accident on that road. God had protected them - having one person feel ill for the sake of a whole bus full of people.

Also, if your ex-boyfriend ran off with his new girlfriend - yeah, that hurts deep and it will for a little while. That's something time is going to have to heal. Think of it this way - would you want to commit yourself to a guy that does that to you? Wouldn't you have rather him taken off with some other girl than to have hidden relationships with other women than you and you not find out - get married, he does all of that behind your back, and then it leads to ugly conflict - perhaps divorce even and if you had a child by that time? I believe God protected you from somebody who wasn't going to treat you right and pushed them out of your life for that reason. Sometimes life situations hurt, but they may be for our better well-being.

It's possible that maybe God is trying to stop something worse than gout in the knee. Perhaps he may also be trying to draw you closer to Him and keep your faith strong in Him for your healed knee.

It could be many things - and sometimes we aren't meant to understand, and other times - we can identify what God has in store =)  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:12 pm
It sounds like a series of unfortunate events. Take it like a test and not as an attack. I'm sorry you went through the ex and now surgery. I hope you get better soon. :3  

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:15 am
I think the Vice Captain pretty much summed it all up.

Although there is some reason for this, I hope that you don't get too caught up in the "why's" and "from whom's?" Remember this: Regardless of whether this is a spiritual attack or a trial for growth in perseverance, the important thing is to stay close to God right now. He'll bring you through this one way or another. How and when the pain will end? That is a question for another time. But I assure you that eventually joy will come; and by that time you will have drawn closer to God. Double bonus. smile

You are most definitely in my prayers. <3

Romans 8:28 - And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
II Thessalonians 3:3 - But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.

Strong Enough by Matthew West
Before the Morning - Josh Wilson  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:53 pm
Praying for you!
Teacher is always quiet during a test. smile if you have a question ask. God is a teacher and if you have a question go Pray abut it!  

MiracleRayray2

Blessed Warrior

7,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50

Tyro Starblade

Interesting Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:03 pm
I am 4 Angry birds
Starting to experience things that feel like it. First my ex-boyfriend takes off with his new girlfriend, and now I'm having to see a doctor for gout in my knee. It seems like spiritual attacks, because I work at a restaurant where I'm on my feet constantly. I had my pastor pray for my knee, but it got worse. I know this just has to be the devil attacking.

focus God instead of the devil for focusing on the devil and blaming him for everything going bad even if its not everything going bad is not good for u spiritaully and brings no good so focus on God strengthen his spirit in u find comfort in him through praise songs like K Love online radio its not only strangthens Gods spirit in u but makes u feel better and brings spiritaul joy into play if u want to live by grace Joseph Prince can tell u how but also focus on all interpretations of the word for there are many false phrophets sent into the world it says so in the bible  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:40 pm
Ask God to be with you in your time of need. If this is an attack then draw closer to God and Satan will flee. ^_^  

911child

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items