Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Christian Entertainment: Books, Movies & Music
Recommended movie: Six: The Mark Unleashed

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:52 am
Six: The Mark Unleashed is a 2004 Christian action-drama film starring Stephen Baldwin, Kevin Downes, David A.R. White, Eric Roberts, and Jeffrey Dean Morgan. It was released June 29, 2004, and debuted at #6 On The Christian Booksellers Association Best Sellers List.

Synopsis
The film is set in the end-times, when the earth has been taken over, and the mark of the Beast - an implant in the right hand or forehead - is being imposed upon the global population (referred to as "the community" in the film). Those who take the mark become part of 'The Community'; those who refuse to bear the mark are imprisoned and, after three weeks, beheaded.
Two non-Christian renegades (Kevin Downes and David A. R. White) steal a car for a friend who has also refused to bear the mark. They find out when they arrive at his place that he has chosen to mark it, and "feels so much happier". The renegade two are caught by police, and taken to prison.
Tom Newman (Jeffrey Dean Morgan), a smuggler, is also captured by a police unit, led by his ex-wife, who has taken the mark. He is tortured until he agrees to infiltrate a Christian group in prison in order to kill Elijah Cohen, a Christian leader who remains at large.
Tom and the other two renegades meet in prison, and try to escape.

Critical reception
Christian Ted Baehr of MOVIEGUIDE described it as "An entertaining movie and a useful tool for leading people to consider the claims of the Gospel." Christian author John Hagee said of the film: “The power of the gospel to transform the lives of the characters is shown with deeply moving reality. So real is the presentation of the plan of salvation in this movie, the viewer will be left without excuse.” Evangelist Jack Van Impe was quoted as saying: “Both Rexella and I believe this to be the greatest religious release we have ever watched. I know you will be tremendously moved as never before when viewing this Holy Spirit led production.”The film was received far more negatively by non-Christian film critics and currently has a rating of 2.5 out of 10 on IMDB.

wikipedia  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:04 am
As a person who has watched this movie, I would say that I enjoyed it. It's not the best of the best out there, and some of it might seem a little cheesy. However, I fully support that there is a great christian message in this film. smile  

Edith Puthie

Lunatic

Christian Entertainment: Books, Movies & Music

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces