Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Christian Entertainment: Books, Movies & Music
Christian Artists? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Your preferred art?
  Writing
  Drawing
  Painting
  Sculpting
  Dancing
  Acting/Theater
  Music
  More Than One of the Above
  All of the Above
  Other
View Results

fly_man

Blessed Phantom

8,750 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:34 am
Aquatic_blue
fly_man
Aquatic_blue
fly_man
Aquatic_blue
fly_man
Amen. We'd have to get the music/lyrics anointed for sure.

Hmm, interesting way to say it. As long as God is your everything and remains your everything and staying close to God is the only thing you strive for and your music is to glorify Him then things will be as they are meant to be 3nodding sometimes even using our gifts can lead us to temptation - to choose fame and fortune over God. So we always need to be on our guard no matter who we are =)

I really mean that though. like a song so strongly annointed that when it's being played the demons will manifest and cause the people their inhabiting to flee church because they can't stand to be where God is.
Do you know how to go about getting a song annointed?

There isn't a specific process to have a song anointed. Remember how David would his harp to help Saul? God gave David the ability and the anointing to do so right then and there. David was a blessed individual smile . You just need to ensure that you're playing for God, asking His guidance while writing a song so that He will help you be able to say the right things and that you will be able to glorify Him. You also need to let The Holy Spirit guide you and make sure you play music for God, Jesus, and The Holy Spirit in order to glorify only Them. Music is such a powerful thing that if it is glorifying God in it and the Holy Spirit is moving through you all as you all perform - then God's presence will be clearly felt by others.

That's what I thought too. .Just sing from your whole heart and may it be for the glory of the father. But there is a process. Minimum of 3 hours praying.
Meaningful praying not just to get it out of the way. That's how you start. The holy spirit will move through you and God will know you're serious about your relationship and wanting to bring him glory.
It's like if you're gonna write a worldly song. .What better way than to go out and do what you're singing about?
Same thing with God. If you're singing about him then you should spend more time in his presence one on one how he wants us to be with him.
God can give you anointing just cause like how you were saying, but you can't just rely on that he's going to do it just because all the time.

Of course as believers we have the part to believe in Him always and if God does give that gift of music then he'll make it the best it can be if you are glorifying Him smile praying is always important, although it doesn't matter how long you pray - whether it be 10 seconds, 10 minutes, or 10 hours - it depends on how much heart you're putting in to the prayer and how much meaning and truth is going into it. Prayers can be short and simple and still get the job done 3nodding (Acts 7:59 - 60).
I know this, but I'm telling you that this is a way to get your singing or playing annointed.
Listen to instruction and in the end you will be wise.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:38 am
It's awesome to know that so many people use their artistic gifts to glorify God.

I hope to do this more and more every day 3nodding

Here is also a great link from another thread that has a lot of neat ways to include God into your every day life through the simple things that you love:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=23470499  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

calwri

Devoted Friend

9,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:08 pm
I like to write poety, however I usually don't have the time due to school and homework crowding my life. I will share two poems, the first one I wrote in 8th grade, and the second one I wrote during the summer when I was a rising sophomore. The first poem portrays the sadness of my heart, for I had depression issues; actually, both poems elicit cries from the depths of my very soul. For some of you, you've already seen these poems, haha.

LAST RESORT

The world never seemed so dark
Abandoning high spirits
Everything is upside down
Leaving me in confusion
Poisoned hatred tortures me
There's no light left in the world
Death appears appetizing
For my heart is torn in two
There's no hope for me anymore...

Sanity has almost left
My mind's stuck on fantasy
And nobody can save me
I think of blood red roses
Dripping petals in despair
And realize that this is me
Or what I am becoming
I have given up trying

But then I think of Jesus
My last resort for living
And I know He's by my side
To save me from my conflicts
I'm glad I cried out to Him
Or I would've been no more
But a lifeless, empty shell
Thank the Lord I did not die
Dear Jesus, I thank you so much...

NEVER ALONE

Daddy, I'm lonely and terrified
My world ripping apart clarified
I'm alone with a false promise of
You bringing down your wondrous love

Daddy, why is the world so cruel?
The others treat me like a fool
They are oblivious to my feelings
Can't you feel the anguish I'm concealing?

Daddy, it's almost as if you aren't there
Are you listening to me from nowhere?
The majority calls you a myth and laughs
And purposefully waver me from the path

Daddy, nobody understands me
My aching heart yearns to roam free
Please talk to me and walk with me
I'm begging for your awesome mercy

~*~

My daughter, why should you feel this way?
I will gladly aid you through the day
Just remember I am there for you
Turn away from lies and face what's true

There's no need to suffer any longer
I am helping you to become stronger
I want you to realize how much I love you
I have never, ever abandoned you

Let there be light to brighten your soul
Let your faith in me mature and grow
All your problems will be washed away
And your misery will be dashed today

Open your eyes and lift your head up high
Spread your wings and soar to the sky
I have heard your saddened groan
My beautiful child, you're never alone

Also, I "sang" a Christian song in sign language to glorify God. It was also for an ASL class project, though I assume God was quite pleased with my choice of music. It's called "Steady My Heart" by Kari Jobe. I hope you like it. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:10 pm
I like to draw. I've done animations and comics on theology, or with a Christian world view in mind. For my animation class in college, I did a couple of animatics about God that I got to show to my mostly non-Christian classmates. I also want to make a Christian-based graphic novel. I'm currently in the world building stage and figuring out the theology for the plot. My twin and I are also drawing a nativity for our other sister.  

apiyo

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:55 pm
apiyo
I like to draw. I've done animations and comics on theology, or with a Christian world view in mind. For my animation class in college, I did a couple of animatics about God that I got to show to my mostly non-Christian classmates. I also want to make a Christian-based graphic novel. I'm currently in the world building stage and figuring out the theology for the plot. My twin and I are also drawing a nativity for our other sister.

Being able to witness through art is great smile it's awesome that you have the gift and the opportunity to be able to do that. Sounds like a lot of fun smile if I might ask - what exactly is a nativity? o.o  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:57 pm
Dramatica Angeliqua
I like to write poety, however I usually don't have the time due to school and homework crowding my life. I will share two poems, the first one I wrote in 8th grade, and the second one I wrote during the summer when I was a rising sophomore. The first poem portrays the sadness of my heart, for I had depression issues; actually, both poems elicit cries from the depths of my very soul. For some of you, you've already seen these poems, haha.

LAST RESORT

The world never seemed so dark
Abandoning high spirits
Everything is upside down
Leaving me in confusion
Poisoned hatred tortures me
There's no light left in the world
Death appears appetizing
For my heart is torn in two

Sanity has almost left
My mind's stuck on fantasy
And nobody can save me
I think of blood red roses
Dripping petals in despair
And realize that this is me
Or what I am becoming
I have given up trying

But then I think of Jesus
My last resort for living
And I know He's by my side
To save me from my conflicts
I'm glad I cried out to Him
Or I would've been no more
But a lifeless, empty shell
Thank the Lord I did not die
Dear Jesus, I thank you so much...

NEVER ALONE

Daddy, I'm lonely and terrified
My world ripping apart clarified
I'm alone with a false promise of
You bringing down your wondrous love

Daddy, why is the world so cruel?
The others treat me like a fool
They are oblivious to my feelings
Can't you feel the anguish I'm concealing?

Daddy, it's almost as if you aren't there
Are you listening to me from nowhere?
The majority calls you a myth and laughs
And purposefully waver me from the path

Daddy, nobody understands me
My aching heart yearns to roam free
Please talk to me and walk with me
I'm begging for your awesome mercy

~*~

My daughter, why should you feel this way?
I will gladly aid you through the day
Just remember I am there for you
Turn away from lies and face what's true

There's no need to suffer any longer
I am helping you to become stronger
I want you to realize how much I love you
I have never, ever abandoned you

Let there be light to brighten your soul
Let your faith in me mature and grow
All your problems will be washed away
And your misery will be dashed today

Open your eyes and lift your head up high
Spread your wings and soar to the sky
I have heard your saddened groan
My beautiful child, you're never alone

Also, I "sang" a Christian song in sign language to glorify God. It was also for an ASL class project, though I assume God was quite pleased with my choice of music. It's called "Steady My Heart" by Kari Jobe. I hope you like it. sweatdrop

Thanks for sharing smile well, no matter what we're doing - there's always a way to invite God in whether we are at work, school, home, etc. 3nodding  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

apiyo

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:26 pm
Aquatic_blue
apiyo

Being able to witness through art is great smile it's awesome that you have the gift and the opportunity to be able to do that. Sounds like a lot of fun smile if I might ask - what exactly is a nativity? o.o

Yes, drawing is very fun. The nativity scene is the birth of Jesus, were Joseph and Mary are around the baby Jesus in a manger, with the shepherds and//or Wisemen worship Jesus. Some people portray some angels too.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:48 pm
apiyo
Aquatic_blue
apiyo

Yes, drawing is very fun. The nativity scene is the birth of Jesus, were Joseph and Mary are around the baby Jesus in a manger, with the shepherds and//or Wisemen worship Jesus. Some people portray some angels too.

Ooh, a nativity scene >_< duh. Thanks for explaining, I suppose it didn't click with me when I responded yesterday sweatdrop  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
Christian Entertainment: Books, Movies & Music

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers