Submit

Sweet Peppermint Tea

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:48 pm
yum_tea Hello ladies. I was wondering if any of you are gamers? I've been playing games since I was a wee thing plugging away at my Dad's old Atari 2600. I primarily play console RPGs and fighting games, TTRPGs and LARPs, but I'll give just about any game a try.

So, do any of you game? What kinds of games do you prefer?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:59 pm
I'm soooooort of a gamer girl? sweatdrop I enjoy my Pokemon and my Animal Crossing [oh my GOD ANIMAL CROSSING], and I'll admit I'm very partial to Nintendo. I love Mario Kart and my favorite game of all time is The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. I grew up on River City Ransom and Double Dragon II thanks to my uncle.

Ahhh...um...

I also love rhythm games [Parappa, Elite Beat Agents, and Space Channel 5, anyone? ;D] and my console of choice is the 3DS. It has an Eeveelution skin on it. emotion_kirakira

I'm not so much into FPS, puzzles, MMOs [except Maple Story, teehee], and only certain RPGs get me going.

That's....that's what I got so far, and I'm very enthused to say that playing Pokemon in the open in high school is what made my current SO attracted to me all those years ago, because I wasn't afraid to show that I had a Gameboy even though I was a girl. xD  

Skarlis

Melodious Conversationalist

Sweet Peppermint Tea

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:11 pm
Skarlis
I'm soooooort of a gamer girl? sweatdrop I enjoy my Pokemon and my Animal Crossing [oh my GOD ANIMAL CROSSING], and I'll admit I'm very partial to Nintendo. I love Mario Kart and my favorite game of all time is The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. I grew up on River City Ransom and Double Dragon II thanks to my uncle.

Ahhh...um...

I also love rhythm games [Parappa, Elite Beat Agents, and Space Channel 5, anyone? ;D] and my console of choice is the 3DS. It has an Eeveelution skin on it. emotion_kirakira

I'm not so much into FPS, puzzles, MMOs [except Maple Story, teehee], and only certain RPGs get me going.

That's....that's what I got so far, and I'm very enthused to say that playing Pokemon in the open in high school is what made my current SO attracted to me all those years ago, because I wasn't afraid to show that I had a Gameboy even though I was a girl. xD

yum_tea I have much love for Pokemon and the original Animal Crossing. I feel ashamed to admit this, but I haven't played Link's Awakening; I think my sister has a copy of it, so I should remedy that soon.

My favorite rhythm game is Dance Dance Revolution, which is rather cliche, I know. It has great music, though, and it's pretty much the most fun form of exercise I've found yet. I haven't played Elite Beat Agents, but I've heard the game is pretty good. Parappa was great, I still have the soundtrack. Didn't play Space Channel 5, because I didn't get a Dreamcast until way after the console's prime. I think it was later released on the PS2, but I never saw a PS2 copy of SC5.

I haven't played Maple Story; my MMO of choice is Ragnarok Online. It's very cute.

I've never understood why girls would feel ashamed of playing games. My friends and I used to love piling up in each other's rooms playing on the NES, Genesis, and SNES back in the day; we were all girls, and we never hid the fact that we played games.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:13 pm
I think I play mostly computer games : o
I play MMORPG's but Sims is good too. Also played some RPG's from Final Fantasy : P

YubiYubii

Prodigal Phantom

Skarlis

Melodious Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:26 pm
Sweet Peppermint Tea
yum_tea I have much love for Pokemon and the original Animal Crossing. I feel ashamed to admit this, but I haven't played Link's Awakening; I think my sister has a copy of it, so I should remedy that soon.

My favorite rhythm game is Dance Dance Revolution, which is rather cliche, I know. It has great music, though, and it's pretty much the most fun form of exercise I've found yet. I haven't played Elite Beat Agents, but I've heard the game is pretty good. Parappa was great, I still have the soundtrack. Didn't play Space Channel 5, because I didn't get a Dreamcast until way after the console's prime. I think it was later released on the PS2, but I never saw a PS2 copy of SC5.

I haven't played Maple Story; my MMO of choice is Ragnarok Online. It's very cute.

I've never understood why girls would feel ashamed of playing games. My friends and I used to love piling up in each other's rooms playing on the NES, Genesis, and SNES back in the day; we were all girls, and we never hid the fact that we played games.
You should totally play Link's Awakening when you get the chance. 3nodding I like the storyline, and the characters are really endearing!

Oh man, I suuuuuck at DDR. rofl It is great exercise, I have Mario DDR for Gamecube [which an ex called "DDR for 5-year-olds...so what if the hardest mode was like Medium on a normal machine? LOL.] and it tires me out!
SC5 is indeed on the PS2. It comes with both the first and second game. It's a game that can easily be beaten in a few hours [both of them in a row if you have 6 hours to spare], but Ulala is so...she's so darn hypnotic. heart I have fan art of her in my room. xD

Ragnarok, eh? I heard of that and saw the art, but I never got the chance to play it. Maybe when I suddenly have more free time I'll get into it; I always loved the look of it.

Maybe it's just where I grew up, but the girls around here didn't really like video games. They considered it too masculine and "stupid," and when all the girls were getting involved in cute male singer crushes and waiting for their first bra, my mom gave me a Gameboy Pocket for Christmas so I could have something to do during my lonely summers.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:50 pm
I am a gamer girl!

Though I haven't been playing much since my PS3 died and I haven't really played on my 3DS for a while either... I should really get around to finishing the new Kingdom Hearts game...

I'm not that particular about games - if it sounds good I'll pick it up and read it though good graphics are a definite plus for me! I am in love with Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon games! I have the new Harvest Moon game, Pokemon games and the new Professor Layton game on hold but I can't buy/pick them up cause I have no money!! cat_crying I really need to get a job...

My favorite rhythm game is by far Dance Dance Revolution! Though - again - I haven't played much of it cause: one, my PS3 broke and two, I don't have any money to play at the nearest arcade... I used to have DDR: Mario Mix but then the disk got scratched so I'm really out of shape whenever I play it... I love Rockband 2 and those drumming games at the arcades.

Fighting games... Street Fighter would definitely be my fave and I stil play it and Mario on my Nintendo 64. For Link games my favorite would be Oricana of Time and Wind Waker. I also love playing Metropolis Mania 2 which is a town building game - it's SUPER fun! cat_xd

Right now I play most of my games on my iPod. I am totally in love with Kairosoft, NTT Solmare, Voltage Inc and Choice of Games games. Kairosoft has good management games where you build your own school or run your own video game company. NTT Solmare and Voltage Inc have AWESOME otome/dating games and the artwork is so amazing and the guys are super hot and emotion_bigheart emotion_bigheart emotion_bigheart Choice of Games games are text based games where you choose your own adventure.

I am really looking foward to the new Animal Crossing game and to the Walking Dead game!

xx_Kohaku-chan

Beloved Genius

9,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Marathon 300

Guardian of the Sky

Dangerous Warlord

7,300 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 1 Win 50
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:07 am
when i play i play MMORPGs  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:42 am
I love to play games!

Most of the games I played are RPGs and Tactics Games. I even have the habit of watching their anime adaptations if available. Some of my favorites are legend of zelda, breath of fire, super robot wars og 1 and 2, tales of phantasia, harvest moon, kingdom hearts, fire emblem, and summon night. I've played some of the pokemon series too, but I sometimes get a little bored about it because the goal is the same for almost all series. I love super robot wars, but I'm quite frustrated because most of its series are available only in Japanese and I only knew English!!!

floralsnow

Sweet Shoujo

15,500 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Sweet Peppermint Tea

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 am
floralsnow
I love to play games!

Most of the games I played are RPGs and Tactics Games. I even have the habit of watching their anime adaptations if available. Some of my favorites are legend of zelda, breath of fire, super robot wars og 1 and 2, tales of phantasia, harvest moon, kingdom hearts, fire emblem, and summon night. I've played some of the pokemon series too, but I sometimes get a little bored about it because the goal is the same for almost all series. I love super robot wars, but I'm quite frustrated because most of its series are available only in Japanese and I only knew English!!!

yum_tea Have you played Final Fantasy Tactics? It's pretty much the greatest strategy RPG ever created.

I have a friend that plays Super Robot Wars, he loves that stuff. He, too, rages over the fact that most of the games have never been released in English. But isn't the publisher for that series Atlus? That company has a history of limited U.S. runs and Japanese-only games, which is a shame because their games are some of the quirkiest and most fun strategy RPGs around. If you ever get a chance to pick it up, I'd definitely recommend the Atlus title Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure. It's a far cry from the challenge of SRW, but it has a fun story, cute music, and excellent (if somewhat easy) gameplay.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:09 am
Sweet Peppermint Tea
floralsnow
I love to play games!

yum_tea Have you played Final Fantasy Tactics? It's pretty much the greatest strategy RPG ever created.

I have a friend that plays Super Robot Wars, he loves that stuff. He, too, rages over the fact that most of the games have never been released in English. But isn't the publisher for that series Atlus? That company has a history of limited U.S. runs and Japanese-only games, which is a shame because their games are some of the quirkiest and most fun strategy RPGs around. If you ever get a chance to pick it up, I'd definitely recommend the Atlus title Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure. It's a far cry from the challenge of SRW, but it has a fun story, cute music, and excellent (if somewhat easy) gameplay.

Yes, I did play Final Fantasy Tactics before. It was a nice game and it has nice jobs. My favorite among those jobs are the red mage and blue mage. As of the Super Robot Wars series, its English releases are mostly composed of its original characters and mecha. I've read that the reason why most of it are not translated to English is somewhat related to the copyrights and licensing. It may be fine inside Japan as it is a mecha crossovers, but outside Japan, some of the mechs and characters are licensed to a different companies which might cause problems.

By the way, thank you for recommending Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure, I'll try to play it whenever I have free time. But right now, I need to focus with my study.  

floralsnow

Sweet Shoujo

15,500 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Kumiko Fujiwa

Fluffy Lovergirl

13,225 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:12 am
Yeah... I'm a little crazy with games. Lol. I tend to play more of killing games, but I also play RPG's, and I went to LARP once, and it was AWESOME! I love left for dead/2, Pokemon, Minecraft, MWF, Black Ops, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Legend of Zelda, Deoblo. There's more, but I really don't want to sit here and list them off lol.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:36 am
floralsnow
Sweet Peppermint Tea
floralsnow
I love to play games!

Yes, I did play Final Fantasy Tactics before. It was a nice game and it has nice jobs. My favorite among those jobs are the red mage and blue mage. As of the Super Robot Wars series, its English releases are mostly composed of its original characters and mecha. I've read that the reason why most of it are not translated to English is somewhat related to the copyrights and licensing. It may be fine inside Japan as it is a mecha crossovers, but outside Japan, some of the mechs and characters are licensed to a different companies which might cause problems.

By the way, thank you for recommending Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure, I'll try to play it whenever I have free time. But right now, I need to focus with my study.

yum_tea Oh, you must have played the PSP version! I haven't played FFT: The Lion Wars yet, which is a shame. I should rectify that soon. I loved the original, though there were some rather...odd translations at some points.

Oh, I didn't realize that SRW might suffer from copyright limitations. Though it's no surprise, now that I think about it; That's a shame, but I guess it can't be helped.  

Sweet Peppermint Tea

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75

floralsnow

Sweet Shoujo

15,500 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:52 am
Sweet Peppermint Tea
floralsnow
Sweet Peppermint Tea
floralsnow
I love to play games!

yum_tea Oh, you must have played the PSP version! I haven't played FFT: The Lion Wars yet, which is a shame. I should rectify that soon. I loved the original, though there were some rather...odd translations at some points.

Oh, I didn't realize that SRW might suffer from copyright limitations. Though it's no surprise, now that I think about it; That's a shame, but I guess it can't be helped.

No, I haven't played the PSP version, but I'll try to play that as well soon.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:01 am
I'm sort of a casual gamer, I played Ragnarok Online for years, then switched to WoW and now back to RO when I'm bored. Course I played a lot of Nintendo growing up, Mario Bros. I love the Smash Bros games, Mario Kart, Legend of Zelda, etc. Also love Sim City (New one is coming out soon CANT WAIT), roller coaster tycoon. I played a fair amount of Star Craft in my time too, but only played SC2 briefly, was fun but I sucked at it. Played the hell out of Diablo 1,2 & 3 when that came out, but got pissed at Blizzard for their crap handling of the game which is why I pretty much stopped paying them for my WoW sub too.

Love playing the gaia mini games and I love the mini games on this website: Orisinal : Morning Sunshine <---seriously the most adorable flash games you will ever play in your LIFE.  

Mishi Love

Benevolent Loiterer

10,275 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Object of Affection 150

the mage-girl

Magical Marshmallow

22,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Monster Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:20 am
I consider myself a gamer girl (though an older one wink ).

My first system was the Atari 2600. Then we got a NES. I specifically remember calling the number listed in the guide when I got stuck on Shadowgate... Anyone remember Shadowgate? Good times. whee

Then I got an SNES, and it was all downhill from there. Had a great collection of the US Final Fantasies, Illusion of Gaia, both SNES Lufias, etc. Sold it all back at the fraction of what I could have gotten for it. I still kick myself. sad

The PS1 was a big deal for me. I actually bought FF7 before I got my PS1, because I was afraid it was going to sell out. rolleyes

Now I have a PS2, 3DS, Game Boy Advance, and Game Boy Color. My favorite games are the Final Fantasy series and Atelier Iris/Mana Khemia. Cannot wait for a PS3 so I can get Atelier Rurona... Heh heh heh.

The one game I play on PC is Diablo 2. That game has a lot of replay value. Right now I am running an Amazon for like the 5th time. Friend of mine suggested Guided Arrow plus a high level of Penetration. He says it's particularly amusing to watch. xd

Have fun out there!  
28. ✿ - - - Video Games

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces