Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Contests
**Picture contest**

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:53 am
User Image
Anyone who can tell me the name of the man this angel is fighting?
What is the story behind the drawing? What is the moral of the story?

An easy 30 000 for whoever answers first! smile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:47 am
Well, I don't think it's an angel but doesn't this refer to Genesis 32:22-32 where Jacob wrestles with God? and then God changes his name to Israel. As for the moral of the story, I don't think the bible gives us just one. Obviously, humans like to wrestle against god and each other, but we need to make amends with both. Secondly, make amends with your enemies/fellow man without letting the day pass (the earlier the better). Thirdly, you must overcome against man (flesh) even if you get hurt in the process; YHWH's blessing is worth it, don't give up until you receive it. Nothing matters more (the day was about to start, the cares of life might get in the way, but there is Jacob dealing with something spiritual before dawn).

edited: elaborating on the morals, lol

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:37 am
S-she's fast. D: Yesterday, I was thinking of the same picture (Have one as my desktop photo, HA!) Yes it's Jacob wrestling with a Host of God (Angel: Seraphim? I think they and Cherubs are the only one's with wings, but that's besides the point). It's a good picture of how we wrestle with the flesh and the spirit of the Lord of the most High. smile

Anyways,

I snoozed. I lose. X)

EDIT: I tried thinking up some tests and it came off boring like school. This though is better option, brother. Maybe break it down to daily quizzes and weekly tests? smile @ Mr. Green  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:42 am
She's so fast! Dx Yes, that's Jacob, who wrestled with God and was named Israel. whee  

calwri

Devoted Friend

9,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

angelic snow angel

Angelic Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:33 am
Everyone is faster then me. Nice game though.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:42 pm
wow I just now saw about the contest thing on here.all the people that posted above me are quicker then I am good Job. Yes I agree that it would be Jacob and he "fought" with God.  

MiracleRayray2

Blessed Warrior

7,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:27 pm
real eyes realize
Well, I don't think it's an angel but doesn't this refer to Genesis 32:22-32 where Jacob wrestles with God? and then God changes his name to Israel. As for the moral of the story, I don't think the bible gives us just one. Obviously, humans like to wrestle against god and each other, but we need to make amends with both. Secondly, make amends with your enemies/fellow man without letting the day pass (the earlier the better). Thirdly, you must overcome against man (flesh) even if you get hurt in the process; YHWH's blessing is worth it, don't give up until you receive it. Nothing matters more (the day was about to start, the cares of life might get in the way, but there is Jacob dealing with something spiritual before dawn).

edited: elaborating on the morals, lol

Excellent answer! Looks like you beat everyone to it. ^^
I will send you a trade with the price money. Congratulations!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:29 pm
Hamul
S-she's fast. D: Yesterday, I was thinking of the same picture (Have one as my desktop photo, HA!) Yes it's Jacob wrestling with a Host of God (Angel: Seraphim? I think they and Cherubs are the only one's with wings, but that's besides the point). It's a good picture of how we wrestle with the flesh and the spirit of the Lord of the most High. smile

Anyways,

I snoozed. I lose. X)

EDIT: I tried thinking up some tests and it came off boring like school. This though is better option, brother. Maybe break it down to daily quizzes and weekly tests? smile @ Mr. Green

Weekly testes would be awesome. Not always I am able to be online long enough to come up with one (make one), but I will consider doing one more regularly. As crew members you are free to organize quizzes or tests when you want. If I see you do this I would put the links for the contests in the daily announcements.
Thank you for your input brother! mrgreen  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Contests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas