Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
What are some songs you like?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Raleigh_Ronin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:06 pm
So I got a $100 itunes gift card for my bday awhile back. Any advice on music to spend it on?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:48 am
101 All Time Greats by Elvis Presley. Totally worth the price.  

Sajjue

Sparkly Fairy

9,500 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Wall Street 200

Your Neglected Sex Toy

Shameless Helper

31,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:06 pm
Any genre you like the most? Cause I could recommend you some electronic, trip-hop music. 3nodding

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:39 pm
That depends on whether or not you like extreme metal. If you do, I could give you a list of dozens of albums worth buying that came out this year alone. If not, I can't be of much help other than to say "It's always a good idea to have some Bob Dylan on hand."  

Purple Robot Queen

Raleigh_Ronin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:31 pm
Your Neglected Sex Toy
Any genre you like the most? Cause I could recommend you some electronic, trip-hop music. 3nodding
I mostly prefer country but I enjoy all types. What are some of your favorite

Purple Robot King
That depends on whether or not you like extreme metal. If you do, I could give you a list of dozens of albums worth buying that came out this year alone. If not, I can't be of much help other than to say "It's always a good idea to have some Bob Dylan on hand."
Bob Dylan is always great.

Sajjue
101 All Time Greats by Elvis Presley. Totally worth the price.

Already have it  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:36 pm
Karl_Krebs
So I got a $100 itunes gift card for my bday awhile back. Any advice on music to spend it on?
If you like to broaden your horisons you should totally try Fever Ray. 3nodding  

Your Neglected Sex Toy

Shameless Helper

31,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200

Nymphis

Anxious Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:33 pm
I mostly listen to techno/trance/electronic and Japanese music. so i am not entirely sure what to suggest but if you are interested ( and i have no idea if this person is on iTunes or w/e) try searching Mr.SuicideSheep. He does great remixes and other things that coincide with my lovely taste in music.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:57 pm
Hm.
If you're interested in country, I can recommend some from my neck of the woods. He's kind of more rock than country, I suppose, but I rather like Jimmy Rankin. I like The Rankin Family in general, but their albums are much more Celtic-oriented than Jimmy's solo stuff, so it might not be your cup of tea.

For something entirely different from that, I'd recommend Korpiklaani. Finnish folk-metal. smile "Vodka" and "Metsälle" are two of my favourites.

Kate Reid is a singer-songwriter (kind of folky pop-rock, I guess?) that I really like, since she has quite a few catchy, funny songs. Some of her music has a queer influence, too. "Captain Cupcake" is about a cross-dressing tugboat captain, for example, and "Closet Femme" is about a butch lesbian secretly liking pretty, girly clothes. razz  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Derailing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:08 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

question  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:17 am
Cyzn
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

question
Already got it smile  

Raleigh_Ronin

CannibalisticKat

Fashionable Noob

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:54 pm
Well i would suggest some bands like- Green day, Fury of a dead man (sp?), fly leaf, Botdf, black veil brides, paramore, cradle of filth, stained, pink floyd, no doubt, rob zombie, korn, blood hound gang,system of a down, three days grace, and black eye peas. I think that might help if you wanted some bands... If not then, YOU'VE JUST WASTED LIKE FIVE MINUTES OF MY FRACKING LIFE!!!!  
Off-Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games