Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
I'm writing a paper...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I am 4 Angry birds

Brainy Traveler

11,450 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:40 pm
An argument paper on abortion. The teacher has deemed the paper too one-sided, stating that I need to have more viewpoint of the other side. I am a virgin, and not really sure how to go about "seeing the other side of things" when I believe it is morally and ethically wrong to take the life of an unborn child. Pray for me to write this paper well? mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:19 pm
Focus on the aspect of "choice" and what it means to control your own body and your health. Even if you don't agree with abortion (heck, I don't, except when the mom's life is threatened, in which case it's a reasonable moral choice), you should be able to go into a moderate level of detail on the value of personal freedom when making decisions.  

Rednal

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

kdke

Anxious Noob

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:44 pm
Essays with argumentative theses need to show both sides. While you're pro-life, you'll present your argument better if you can give the reader information on both sides so they can see the contrast and where your reasoning differentiates (and is better) from what you're arguing against.

When one comes off too one-sided in an essay, it means one isn't sharing enough information about the opposite side so the reader can see the totality of the argument. I don't think your teacher is trying to get you to put pro-choice in a good light as much as she/he's trying to help you make your essay more effective, more informative. I say, don't take it too personally unless your teacher makes it personal. smile

I'm sure it's not going to be fun looking up pro-choice arguments for you, but the point is "here are their arguments, but here is mine, and here is why I'm for this and not that."

God bless!

Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff