Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
First post: Trans* Partners

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elusive Hope

Devoted Darling

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:01 pm
Hi. Umm...I'm not sure how to start this, so I suppose I'll just spit it out.

I identify as a lesbian and have done so for about five years. However, my current partner is a trans*man. We've been together for two-and-a-half years--through those years, I struggled with him coming to terms with his gender identity as well as what that meant about my own sexual orientation. Most of the dust is settled. The only problem I have is finding other people who can relate to this, since a lot of people I have come across say that relationships between lesbians and trans*men never work out.

So...discuss. Is anyone in this guild also dating a trans* partner?

(By trans* I mean anyone on the gender spectrum who is NOT cisgender. This includes agender, bigender, etc. And if this post goes right over the heads of most of you, then I apologize.)  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:20 pm
Sifen and myself are, under various definitions, trans*, and we are also dating. So believe me, we know how you feel.
-hug-  

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Raleigh_Ronin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:08 pm
I was with a trans Male in highschool. I still identify as gay even though I fall more in the queer side of the LGBTQ spectrum.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:44 pm
you should never listen to what other people say what will and wont work.
Maybe it will, maybe it wont.

My highschool girlfriend knew I was coming to terms with stuff and when I first met her, when I transitioned full time and it was all legal we lasted a little while (she was straight though) eventually we did break up (for the best I prefer guys now) she got under pressure socially and people would always whistle at us in public and stuff and it became too much for her, but we are still very close and have a special bond, I would be very hurt if we were not, so even if you do decided not to date you still should remain close friends.

Gender is something people can't help and I think if you love them it shouldn't matter really.  

AmeliaParadox

Perfect Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items