Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Contests
**Picture Contest V**

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:07 am
User Image
What is going on in this picture? What can we learn from it?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:30 pm
OH MY!! I believe this is by Gustave Dore. This is so the moment when Satan appeared before Jesus to tempt him to follow him. The devil quoted scripture and like a boss Jesus countered it. Satan said if you bow and worship me then I will give you the world and Jesus was like no "Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only."

Okay going to do my best here. I pray my words aren't awful. =p

We can learn that even Jesus was tempted by the devil and not when he was at his peck, but when he was tired and exhausted after fasting for forty days and nights. That the world can tempt us when we are at our lowest, but we have to remember that God sometimes test our faith and trust in him at those times. That we must always worship him even when we are exhausted because he will lift us up and nourish us when we get back up. Sometimes we can find that we are even better after he lifts us back up then when we were before we fell.

Okay... I pray that was good. I'm blushing. redface  

AcuteCastle

Beloved Hoarder

9,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:01 pm
Beloved_rapture
OH MY!! I believe this is by Gustave Dore. This is so the moment when Satan appeared before Jesus to tempt him to follow him. The devil quoted scripture and like a boss Jesus countered it. Satan said if you bow and worship me then I will give you the world and Jesus was like no "Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only."

Okay going to do my best here. I pray my words aren't awful. =p

We can learn that even Jesus was tempted by the devil and not when he was at his peck, but when he was tired and exhausted after fasting for forty days and nights. That the world can tempt us when we are at our lowest, but we have to remember that God sometimes test our faith and trust in him at those times. That we must always worship him even when we are exhausted because he will lift us up and nourish us when we get back up. Sometimes we can find that we are even better after he lifts us back up then when we were before we fell.

Okay... I pray that was good. I'm blushing. redface

Awesome artist. 3nodding Your answer is very good. Thank you. A small reward will come your way.

Notice also how well the devil knew scripture. He knew it well enough to use segments for his own gain, using only parts of it. Knowing who Jesus was, he promised Jesus dominion of the world if he would bow down to him, which would mean that he was in a position to give what he proposed to give Jesus.
The temptation of Jesus shows us how the devil operates.

2 Corinthians 4:4
in whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of the unbelieving, that the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should not dawn upon them

Battling the devil is best done with the weapons God has given us for this purpose.

http://www.allaboutfollowingjesus.org/spiritual-weapons-of-warfare-faq.htm  
Contests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff