View Results

Silver Koneko

Desirable Citizen

8,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:21 am
I just wanted to start a topic where we could talk about animals and our pets! 3nodding
I'm a huge animal lover, and I have 7 cats and 5 dogs.

All rescues, they all chose us.Our most recent dog a brown brindle-coated pit bull Sandy,
was wandering off of the freeway in the middle of no-where near where I live.

(I live in a small town and we take a freeway to a nearby city for doctor's appointments and other things),
anyway it's a mountain pass. And this dog was wandering about.
gaia_angelleft We picked her up and brought her home. gaia_angelright

She was skin and bones and clearly hadn't eaten or drank anything for a few days.
We suspect she was abandoned and dumped out there in the middle of no where.

Anyway, she turned out to be pregnant and had 3 puppies; 1 boy, 2 girls: Lightning, Artemis, and Angie.
Our oldest dog is 130 lb 11 year old black lab mix/mutt named Ladybug emotion_bigheart Also my baby emotion_bigheart She's a sweetheart emotion_bigheart

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:29 am
My kitties names!

Female Tabby w/ White:Priscella ~ age 14 yrs ~ A princess, she does everything proper and she's the reason why you don't spend 20-30 bucks on a nice cat bed; just give her a box, she'll take it instead of the nice cat bed any day! XD She's addicted to whip cream and ever since her thyroid has been acting up and has become over-active, we are medicating her however she's always hungry! She'll dig in our trash can looking for scraps and it's not like we starve her! XD
Female Himalayan: Cloud ~ 10 yrs ~ You can look but don't touch! She's the queen. She has gorgeous blue eyes and she loves to observe everyone! You can only pet her for so long before she'll give you two warning smacks and then she'll take a blood sample. She got hit by a car a year or so ago, and fractured her hip in three places, she'll have bad arthritis in her older years.
Male Long-haired Tuxedo Cat:Fluffy ~ 10 yrs ~ Little two-faced bully. He acts super sweet and will let you pet him, cuddle with him until the cows come home! We had him for at least two years before we notices that he bullies the other cats! He is so mean to the other cats when we are not looking, he even smacked the neighbor's kitten. He's sweet but he certainly doesn't know how to be a gentleman. When Harvey was still alive, miss him dearly, Harvey put Fluffy in his place and would smack him whenever he was out of line. However now Fluffy claims Alpha and... well... we just don't know what to do with him.
Female Pretty Brown Tabby:Mesa ~ 6 yrs ~ My precious little huntress. She is a stealthy she-cat, quiet as a mouse and swift as a snake! She catches about 6 kills daily. She's also the mother to Fuzzy. Funny story about that, there was a mix-up at the vet and they told us Mesa was a male and fixed, months later one morning I picked him (her) up and said to my mom, "Mom she feels pregnant!" When I came home from school, Mom told me she had 2 kittens that morning. Her other son, Moonshadow (picture is on my profile), went missing and we suspect was eating by coyotes 2 years ago.
Male Brown Tabby:Maxwell ~ 6 yrs ~ A burly tom with a squeak for a meow. Skittish and scared, we rescued him along with Mesa from a hoarder's home. He lives in our garage and it's taken him 5 years however now I can pick him up and hold him for a bit! Yay!
Male Grey Tabby:Fuzzy ~ 3-4 yrs ~ Definitely has his mom's hunting's skilled. This long, slender, lean, and large tom is lovable, swift, stealthy, and skilled! Stretched out from paw tip to tail tip he's as long as my leg.
Female Diluted Calico:Pepper ~ 7-8 months ~ Newest edition to the family, we picked her up one night while she wandering around at 10 at night just waiting for an owl to make a snack out of her! She was just 4 months old and so we brought her home. Put up found signs and everything, surprised no one claimed this beautiful kitten. She has a two-toned face, splits right down her nose, one half pink, the other black on her nose. She is beautifully painted orange, grey and white. She's spunky, spontaneous, flexible, crazy and fun! She loves Fuzzy, I think a little romancin' is going on between those two! I saw them cuddling and licking each other not so long ago. Thank goodness for them being fixed!

~ All my pets are rescues ~

Silver Koneko

Desirable Citizen

8,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
  • Citizen 200

Ysavvryl

Peaceful Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:41 am
Aw, that's good you were able to save that dog. smile It's sad to see homeless dogs and cats wandering around. One time, we found a fluffy gray kitten wandering around outside of a store, on a street that was mostly known for its concentration of bars. Dangerous place for a kitty to be alone and it didn't have a collar, so we took it to the shelter. It was such a sweetie; I hope it got a good home.

I have three cats right now, Cece, Spot, and Mindy, all girls we rescued. One of my sisters has cats and lizards; she and her husband insisted on bringing the 'baby' lizard along on their winter vacation! rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:47 am
Ysavvryl

Lol that's funny about the lizard! rofl
Aw yeah, we have a lot of strays roaming around where I live..  

Silver Koneko

Desirable Citizen

8,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
  • Citizen 200

Ysavvryl

Peaceful Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:52 am
Silver Koneko

We have stray cats around here, but most of them we leave be. That's because we're in a rural area surrounded by farms, and the local farmers have the cats hunt mice and other pests. We did take in one of those farm strays once, because she was pregnant during a really harsh summer. She had six kittens! And we still have two.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:56 am
gaia_diamond My two cats, Alex is the black manx, he's almost 6 years old & the little manx is Canna, she's only 7 months old.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Dankies

Chatty Autobiographer

4,400 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:58 am
cats. people would dump cats at our house. others would just find their way in
the one, Mooch, calico, big green eyes, big kitty, really nice, i found her. on top of the dishwasher, just chilling. i walked into the kitchen, and she zipped off down to the basement (door to it is in the kitchen, it's generally open during the summer to let the cool air down there come upstairs)
i followed her down to the wood pile. the window was out, which was how she got in. i went over to her, she sniffed me and started this HUGE purr. i pet her, and went upstairs and told mom about her, so she checked out the cat.
mom said that she was obviously someone's pet.
she lived with us until she got run over by a car -.-l|l
so...over a year and several kitten litters later. silly Mooch
and then my dad is always the one who says no cats.
the story varies on the parent. mom says that she fund dad telling these two cats to come in. dad says that she told him to let them in cuz it was the middle of winter.
we got one of the no-kill shelters to have someone come over and pick them up. the one went with, the other (Kidd, black and white cat) sneezed into my dad's ear. he stayed until he died. feline leukemia, i think.
we've had so many strays at our house...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:01 pm
We have two cats. A (roughly) 1 year and 4 month old dark grey male tabby cat named Orion and a 1-2 year old grey and white female tabby cat named Nova. We adopted both from the local animal shelter a little over a year ago (the grey one was a kitten and the white one was basically grown already).  

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50

Silver Koneko

Desirable Citizen

8,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:12 pm
Dankies

Aw they're beautiful kitties!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:13 pm
ll-Frantic-ll
We have two cats. A (roughly) 1 year and 4 month old dark grey male tabby cat named Orion and a 1-2 year old grey and white female tabby cat named Nova. We adopted both from the local animal shelter a little over a year ago (the grey one was a kitten and the white one was basically grown already).

Aw they sound wonderful, do they get along well?  

Silver Koneko

Desirable Citizen

8,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
  • Citizen 200

Silver Koneko

Desirable Citizen

8,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:15 pm
Kitalpha Hart
the one, Mooch, calico, big green eyes, big kitty, really nice, i found her. on top of the dishwasher, just chilling. i walked into the kitchen, and she zipped off down to the basement (door to it is in the kitchen, it's generally open during the summer to let the cool air down there come upstairs)
i followed her down to the wood pile. the window was out, which was how she got in. i went over to her, she sniffed me and started this HUGE purr. i pet her, and went upstairs and told mom about her, so she checked out the cat.
the story varies on the parent. mom says that she fund dad telling these two cats to come in. dad says that she told him to let them in cuz it was the middle of winter.
we got one of the no-kill shelters to have someone come over and pick them up. the one went with, the other (Kidd, black and white cat) sneezed into my dad's ear. he stayed until he died. feline leukemia, i think.

Aw yeah I know what you mean. People dump strays all the time at our house and around our neighborhood. Sorry about your cats. So do you not have anymore cats?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:18 pm
Silver Koneko
Kitalpha Hart

Aw yeah I know what you mean. People dump strays all the time at our house and around our neighborhood. Sorry about your cats. So do you not have anymore cats?

we still have some.
Mouse-my fatass cat
Trouble-always in trouble. leaks
Big Guy-the runt of the litter, now the biggest
Jazz-sister. has a 'soul patch' on her chin, hence her name
Corbin-my brother named him. as a kitten, he was Blotch and the cutest kitten ever heart

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Silver Koneko

Desirable Citizen

8,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:23 pm
Kitalpha Hart
Awwwwww they all seem super sweet and sound adorable! Haha I have had quite a few hefty healthy kitties, Harvey we called Penguin because when he'd sit on the couch, he sat in a way men sit, slouched, legs spread, belly exposed. He didn't sit like a normal kitty! Oh no! He literally sat on his bottom, back leaning against the sofa! XD Balls exposed, haha. He looked like an adorable penguin!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:37 pm
Silver Koneko
Kitalpha Hart
Awwwwww they all seem super sweet and sound adorable! Haha I have had quite a few hefty healthy kitties, Harvey we called Penguin because when he'd sit on the couch, he sat in a way men sit, slouched, legs spread, belly exposed. He didn't sit like a normal kitty! Oh no! He literally sat on his bottom, back leaning against the sofa! XD Balls exposed, haha. He looked like an adorable penguin!

XD how cute in the 'Life' folder of my dA, i have pics of the cats (including Right, but she died last month)

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Silver Koneko

Desirable Citizen

8,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:44 pm
Kitalpha Hart
Silver Koneko
Kitalpha Hart

XD how cute in the 'Life' folder of my dA, i have pics of the cats (including Right, but she died last month)

Oh.. I'm very sorry. Was it old age or was she sick? Car accident?  
13. ✿ - - - Animals And Nature

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff