Welcome to Gaia! ::

TinierMe

Back to Guilds

A place to meet Gaians who share a love and interest in the web-community, TinierMe ! 

Tags: TinierMe, Selfy, GCrest, Kokoro, Gacha 

Reply Questions & Assistance - New to TinierMe or to Gaia?
Is selling better than trading?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TripleCritical

Noble Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:51 am
I have noticed people on Gaia preferes to sell their items for Gold or art than for other items...

What do you think?

I miss trading items for items DX  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:56 am
I missed the fact that we didn't have an mp on TM considering how long we were told that we would eventually have had it. Item for item was a broken prospect after a while though so yeah x-x. Not to say that the Gaia economy isn't as broken as TM's was.  

De Tomaat

Aged Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Cool Cat 500
  • The Sweetest 250

Spring Symphonist

Fashionable Fatcat

13,000 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:00 pm
Well it's more convenient no? Items for gold, cuz someone gets gold to buy their items they want and someone gets the item they want after buying it o vo;  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:01 pm
Yeah, on here people use the market place rather then trading.
I think it mostly has to do with the constant flux in prices of items as well as you don't have to deal with people personally. You just put the item up for the price you want and either people buy it or they don't.
It's a lot less work and you don't have to worry about rude traders.

Sinister Broadcast

Dangerous Lunatic

9,800 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Millionaire 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Battle: Level Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:04 pm
It is easier to sell at the marketplace. Gold rules the economy here

however, trading can be more profitable. It just takes more time and luck to find someone willing. People will go by marketplace values though if you do trade for items.
Some are willing to sell their items for less than the lowest market price, which is where you can make profit.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:51 pm
Thank you for all your comments!

TM was my very first social dress-up game and and I still need to get used to the other sites. Or sort of @.@

Seabook Arno

Can I ask you what do you mean for "broken economy"? I have a few ideas but I don't want to misunderstand DX

Spring Symphonist

That's the good point! Expecially when someone doesn't have anything you want or easy-to-sell items on their shops ><;

Sinister Broadcast

Can it be caused also by the incredibly huge community around? There are so many users here and sometimes is way too chaotic.

Veiss Wynd

I see. That's the problem, everyone preferes gold, and I guess most of people are afraid of changes of items prices...  

TripleCritical

Noble Explorer

Spring Symphonist

Fashionable Fatcat

13,000 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:57 pm
Yep ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:57 pm
Ilvias

Thing is, gold itself has no value, because what you want from it is items. You lose value by only holding gold - whereas if you buy an item with it instead, that item will always hold value for what it is, whether it goes down or up in value (preferably up).
But people want pure gold for items because in the instance that they do receive gold in pure, they can from there buy any item within the price range that they want instead of selling off the item for gold, which can take a while if you want to get as much out of it as you can. While they wait to sell or even trade the item, the item they may be questing for might go up in price - so it's a loss in time and gold.

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Battle: Level Up 200

Sinister Broadcast

Dangerous Lunatic

9,800 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Millionaire 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:06 pm
Ilvias
Can it be caused also by the incredibly huge community around? There are so many users here and sometimes is way too chaotic.

Yeah, I think that's pretty much the case.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:43 pm
Just from what I've been reading, that a common complaint has been that there's been way too much good being created and not enough good sinks to keep inflation in check.  

De Tomaat

Aged Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Cool Cat 500
  • The Sweetest 250

aramaa

Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:46 pm
I agree with Seabook. When gaia added Booty Grab (aquarium game), it made it way too easy for people to get like 50000+ gold in just one day. Since there's a lot more gold available, the prices rise. There have been some gold sinks, such as the pie event, or even alchemy. The idea of alchemy as a gold sink is good, but I don't think enough people even bother with it to even make a difference.

But I do like the idea of bringing back old popular items in the NPC's store in the marketplace.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:20 pm
I like using the market a lot more. You can trade though, but Gold really rules here. It's not like CC which was pretty much uesless...

Also you don't have to worry about rude traders as much... or people trying to scam you.  

Mei Xiaojie

Hopeful Bookworm

Questions & Assistance - New to TinierMe or to Gaia?

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games