Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Questions & Answers
Need help:friend can't decide between Wicca & Christianity Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:24 pm
Hello brothers & sisters,

So my friend on Gaia is struggling with which to practice and follow. From Wicca to Christianity, my friend can't decide and I'm not quite sure which Bible verses to tell her and what exactly to say for her to deeply consider.

Any help would be very much appreciated : )

Thanks for your time.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:52 pm
Spirit Reborn

So my friend on Gaia is struggling with which to practice and follow. From Wicca to Christianity, my friend can't decide and I'm not quite sure which Bible verses to tell her and what exactly to say for her to deeply consider.

Thanks for your time.

Hm, there isn't very much room to say it nicely but Wicca is basically, a watered down version of Witchcraft and Demonology. The Bible is very clear about it and does come off rather firm, but for good reason.

http://carm.org/religious-movements/wicca/what-does-bible-say-about-wicca

Quick link breaks down scriptures to practices people are involved in. Wicca tends to dabble and create new forms/ or covers for the groups in the occult. I don't know how else to say it, but be careful. ^^; Pray, God gives you the words at the right time and at the right place.  

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:21 pm
Hamul
Spirit Reborn

Thanks for your time.

Hm, there isn't very much room to say it nicely but Wicca is basically, a watered down version of Witchcraft and Demonology. The Bible is very clear about it and does come off rather firm, but for good reason.

http://carm.org/religious-movements/wicca/what-does-bible-say-about-wicca

Quick link breaks down scriptures to practices people are involved in. Wicca tends to dabble and create new forms/ or covers for the groups in the occult. I don't know how else to say it, but be careful. ^^; Pray, God gives you the words at the right time and at the right place.

These are great! Thank you so much for your help, Hamul. Truly.
I just don't want to see someone choose the wrong path.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:37 pm
I have a lot of friends who are wiccan and they have even given me books on it. They compare it to Christianity or speak of the horrible things religion has done, but be steadfast. Explain what it truly means to have a relationship with God and our Lord Jesus Christ. Remember that they are of the world and be careful with your words.

Some facts I found out was that Wicca was started by a man. While Christianity was started by Jesus, the son of God. Wicca celebrates the flesh and nature, while Christianity praises the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I find that celebrating in the flesh and nature leads to human error while God leads us to perfection.  

AcuteCastle

Beloved Hoarder

9,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:55 am
Everything under the sun will be destroyed one day, even human bodies with its desires. She should place her trust in the everlasting creator, not temporary creations (self, human bodies, nature, celestial bodies [like the moon, stars], etc, because they're all prophesied for destruction). Like Beloved said, Religions like Wicca indulge the desires of the flesh and that's what your friend will be a slave to; what pleases the flesh and the eyes only lasts a moment but has long-term consequences. Living by the flesh leads to all this (v. 19-21):

Quote:
Galatians 5:19-24 (NIV)

19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

Ask your friend which set of traits appeals to them most: living without fits of rage, hatred and envy? or living a life full of it? She should taste the "bread of life" and "fountain of living waters" if she's more interested in living by the Spirit.

Quote:
Psalm 34:8 (KJV)

8 O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:03 am
Garland-Green

Thank you so much for posting my question in the announcements.

Beloved_rapture

real eyes realize

And Thank you both for your help and responses.

I have sent a PM to my friend and am praying that she receives the message well and that nothing has offended her or brought her away from God, but instead; to bring her closer to the Truth.

May God bless all of you.  

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:42 am
Spirit Reborn
Garland-Green

Beloved_rapture

real eyes realize

I have sent a PM to my friend and am praying that she receives the message well and that nothing has offended her or brought her away from God, but instead; to bring her closer to the Truth.

That is what we are here for. I want everyone in the guild to know that.
Nobody will be turned away if they have difficulties, or need advice. There are no problems too big or embarrassing. ^^
God bless you!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:45 am
Garland-Green
Spirit Reborn
Garland-Green

Beloved_rapture

real eyes realize

Nobody will be turned away if they have difficulties, or need advice. There are no problems too big or embarrassing. ^^
God bless you!

Awe, well God bless you and everyone for doing such wonderful and selfless acts of kindness. Every time I sign in, your Guild Announcements are what I look forward to the most.  

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

fly_man

Blessed Phantom

8,750 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:52 am
It's technically a form of idolatry too. .because in a lot of spells you have to rely on your will. .So basically you're worshipping your own will by considering it strong enough to make whatever you want happen so long as you will it to be.
but yeah, the most important thing is to pray for God to speak through you so that it's his words and not yours. God's words cut to the very core and he is the one with the power to change hearts.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:16 am
fly_man
It's technically a form of idolatry too. .because in a lot of spells you have to rely on your will. .So basically you're worshipping your own will by considering it strong enough to make whatever you want happen so long as you will it to be.
but yeah, the most important thing is to pray for God to speak through you so that it's his words and not yours. God's words cut to the very core and he is the one with the power to change hearts.

A very good point. Thank you!  

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

fly_man

Blessed Phantom

8,750 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:08 am
Spirit Reborn
fly_man

God bless you!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:11 am
fly_man
Spirit Reborn
fly_man

God bless you!

And you as well C:  

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

Tyro Starblade

Interesting Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:31 pm
Garland-Green
Spirit Reborn
Garland-Green

Beloved_rapture

real eyes realize

God bless you!

i got rid of lust by using the power of Jesus name but i am still having wet dreams what does it mean  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:53 pm
You have normal human hormones?

Anyway. 'Bout that friend this thread is about... remember that arguments such as "The Bible says paganism is bad!" really only work with people who are already believers. If you want to convince them, you should emphasize Christianity's positive attributes, such as its consideration for the welfare of others and the fact that all you have to do is just ask for forgiveness. That's it. Positive attributes that an outsider can believe in and feel good about mean a lot more than negative proclamations about how other religions are bad, know what I mean?  

Rednal

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

5Shinku

Friendly Informer

6,400 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:29 pm
... well to be fair Wicca in itself is witchcraft. I don't mean the summoning of demons or whatnot. It doesn't work like that. Wicca is as you said the celebration of flesh meaning things that are touchable and that can be seen. It actually does have points of witchcraft which there is (magic) used in everyday life. Sometimes even in things such as eating. To be honest I have seen people who use Wicca as a way of communicating to other people because they don't see how a god (Christianity in this case) can send out their believers and not physically have ever been there. Most Wiccan's themselves have a since of pride that god doesn't exist thus neither does the devil, so they can't really be called devil worshipers since they don't believe.

Paganism and Wicca are alot alike in many aspects. They work with magics of life and through knowledge. Pagan's however celebrate the flesh itself and magic is really just set aside when needed.

Christianity however does have some pagan influences such as Easter, though it was when Jesus arose from the grave, was the symbol of the rabbit and the eggs is a pagan aspect. Christmas also was a pagan aspect, the jolly man who leaves presents (Odin in some cases) Santa in others. Is also a pagan aspect. Your friend should really find out if she really wants to be Wiccan or not by asking herself what SHE is comfortable with.

Wicca can lead to darker things however and she should be very wary of that. There are Satanists who do use Wicca for ways of evil and like every religion there are 2 sides to everything and everyone. I just hope she finds the right path.

-From a simple Baptist.  
Questions & Answers

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces