Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Testimonies
My Journey To The Right Path

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

i r i d e s s i c a n c e

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:55 pm
I decided to take down my old testimony because I'm ready to move on from my past. When the time comes I will put up a testimony more based on how I recieved the love of God and truly came to God. Looking back over my previous testimony, it was more about my past than how I came to God. And, I want to write one when I have a better one. God is the only one who knows when that time will be, and until then I just want to focus on spreading the love of Christ and taking in the word, studying it, and more. So until then, my path lies to Christ and I'm taking one step at a time, one day at a time, to reach it.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:40 am
Thank you so much for posting your testimony. I know it must have been a struggle for you to write this, but I believe it will touch others.
The truth is, we all struggle. None of us ever feel like we are good enough, but we are human. As believers, we must strive to be the best that we can be. Jesus forgives our sins. If you believe that in Him and ask Him to take away all of your past sins, He will wash you clean again. Every one of us makes mistakes time and time again. No one is perfect and that is the beauty of it all. In spite of all of our shortcomings, God still loves us all (no matter what awful deeds we have done in the past) and wants us to be with Him in heaven. I truly believe that I am saying this as much for your benefit as I am for my own. I feel like I fail in some minor detail of my walk daily, but I know that I am striving to become better and that all I have to do is ask for help. Keep on your path, sweetie. I believe you are headed the right direction. I pray that your testimony touches others as it has myself and that your walk with the Lord continues to open forth and provide you with more opportunities to share your story.

angel allure

Angelic Kitten

47,375 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hero 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:16 am
This was wonderfully written. Thank you so much for sharing your personal experiences with us. And as much as I'm flattered by your ending Thanks towards me, I feel that it isn't something I should take credit for. I feel that God has been nudging me, ever since you made that thread about your faith, to pray, to help, and to ask for help from these very people in this guild. I am merely an instrument that He used to help you : ) and that, I must say, was quite an honor to take part in doing so. I know that you're still healing and finding your next path from here. I would encourage you to pray about it daily. But as to my thoughts toward your story.. something struck me. I feel as though you need to accept the first sacrament of God: Baptism. And I know that you're still looking for a decent Church that isn't trying to get money out of this, but moreso a Church that actually teaches and encourages people to walk with Christ as our Savior and our Lord.

Definitely check those sacraments out whenever you get the chance.

Thanks again for letting me read this.

It's brought hope, for me, that no matter what happens- the struggles, the pain, that God is strong and more powerful than any negative circumstance. That for every event, he can bring good out of trials for His glory. That when things get bad, He'll step in via sending people to help us deal with our pain or by divine intervention like you've experienced when you were 4.

Never give up in your faith, because He's never going to give up on you.

May God continually bless you and your story.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:31 am
God bless you. You and I have a lot in common as far as experiencing so many different beliefs through the years. I know how it feels to be swayed by different ideas, and how it feels to be flustered by them and lose faith because of them.

But I'll tell you this: keeping your eye on God is the first step towards being saved. Additionally, you reaching out and letting people know how you're suffering is another big step. We need God, and we need each other. While we look towards the bible for answers, sometimes we can see those answers more clearly through the eyes of others.

Have you ever been to a Catholic Church? Or even an Orthodox Church? If not, I suggest you at least speak to a priest about your situation; he can help discern what you need and point you in the direction you need to go. (And don't be afraid to share your story—they deal with sensitive issues all the time.) Just find a church in your location and give the parish a call; or, attend a Mass (Mass is every day!) and then speak to one of the priests after Communion.

And, if you want a blessing from the priest, just get in line during Communion (when everyone stands up to receive the bread and wine) and cross your arms over your chest like an X. This lets the priest know that you're not taking Communion but that you want his blessing. You don't have to be a Catholic to receive one! 3nodding

kdke

Anxious Noob

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:14 pm
I thank you for the testimony. I will show you some verses which to help you.
John 10:22-30

The Shepherd Knows His Sheep

22 Now it was the Feast of Dedication in Jerusalem, and it was winter. 23 And Jesus walked in the temple, in Solomon’s porch. 24 Then the Jews surrounded Him and said to Him, “How long do You keep us in doubt? If You are the Christ, tell us plainly.”

25 Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father’s name, they bear witness of Me. 26 But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you. 27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. 30 I and My Father are one.”

Psalm 27

An Exuberant Declaration of Faith
A Psalm of David.

27 The Lord is my light and my salvation;
Whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the strength of my life;
Of whom shall I be afraid?
2 When the wicked came against me
To eat up my flesh,
My enemies and foes,
They stumbled and fell.
3 Though an army may encamp against me,
My heart shall not fear;
Though war may rise against me,
In this I will be confident.

4 One thing I have desired of the Lord,
That will I seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord
All the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the Lord,
And to inquire in His temple.
5 For in the time of trouble
He shall hide me in His pavilion;
In the secret place of His tabernacle
He shall hide me;
He shall set me high upon a rock.

6 And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me;
Therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle;
I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord.

7 Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice!
Have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
8 When You said, “Seek My face,”
My heart said to You, “Your face, Lord, I will seek.”
9 Do not hide Your face from me;
Do not turn Your servant away in anger;
You have been my help;
Do not leave me nor forsake me,
O God of my salvation.
10 When my father and my mother forsake me,
Then the Lord will take care of me.

11 Teach me Your way, O Lord,
And lead me in a smooth path, because of my enemies.
12 Do not deliver me to the will of my adversaries;
For false witnesses have risen against me,
And such as breathe out violence.
13 I would have lost heart, unless I had believed
That I would see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living.

14 Wait on the Lord;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!

Luke 5:17-32
Jesus Forgives and Heals a Paralytic

17 Now it happened on a certain day, as He was teaching, that there were Pharisees and teachers of the law sitting by, who had come out of every town of Galilee, Judea, and Jerusalem. And the power of the Lord was present to heal them. 18 Then behold, men brought on a bed a man who was paralyzed, whom they sought to bring in and lay before Him. 19 And when they could not find how they might bring him in, because of the crowd, they went up on the housetop and let him down with his bed through the tiling into the midst before Jesus.

20 When He saw their faith, He said to him, “Man, your sins are forgiven you.”

21 And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, “Who is this who speaks blasphemies? Who can forgive sins but God alone?”

22 But when Jesus perceived their thoughts, He answered and said to them, “Why are you reasoning in your hearts? 23 Which is easier, to say, ‘Your sins are forgiven you,’ or to say, ‘Rise up and walk’? 24 But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins”—He said to the man who was paralyzed, “I say to you, arise, take up your bed, and go to your house.”

25 Immediately he rose up before them, took up what he had been lying on, and departed to his own house, glorifying God. 26 And they were all amazed, and they glorified God and were filled with fear, saying, “We have seen strange things today!”

Matthew the Tax Collector

27 After these things He went out and saw a tax collector named Levi, sitting at the tax office. And He said to him, “Follow Me.” 28 So he left all, rose up, and followed Him.

29 Then Levi gave Him a great feast in his own house. And there were a great number of tax collectors and others who sat down with them. 30 And their scribes and the Pharisees complained against His disciples, saying, “Why do You eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?”

31 Jesus answered and said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. 32 I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.”

Matthew 7:15-20
You Will Know Them by Their Fruits

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

I would advice not to take the words of people blindly, for there are many deceivers in churches today. Pray to God Almighty to lead you to a home that you may worship and learn his Word. Alleluia!

Psalm 91
Safety of Abiding in the Presence of God

91 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”

3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler
And from the perilous pestilence.
4 He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
6 Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

7 A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
8 Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.

9 Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
10 No evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
11 For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.
12 In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.
13 You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra,
The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.

14 “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation.”

Romans 8:18-39
From Suffering to Glory

18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19 For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; 21 because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. 23 Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body. 24 For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? 25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance.

26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.

God’s Everlasting Love

31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? 33 Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written:

“For Your sake we are killed all day long;
We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.”

37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

New King James  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:37 pm
angel_baby_4
Thank you so much for posting your testimony. I know it must have been a struggle for you to write this, but I believe it will touch others.
The truth is, we all struggle. None of us ever feel like we are good enough, but we are human. As believers, we must strive to be the best that we can be. Jesus forgives our sins. If you believe that in Him and ask Him to take away all of your past sins, He will wash you clean again. Every one of us makes mistakes time and time again. No one is perfect and that is the beauty of it all. In spite of all of our shortcomings, God still loves us all (no matter what awful deeds we have done in the past) and wants us to be with Him in heaven. I truly believe that I am saying this as much for your benefit as I am for my own. I feel like I fail in some minor detail of my walk daily, but I know that I am striving to become better and that all I have to do is ask for help. Keep on your path, sweetie. I believe you are headed the right direction. I pray that your testimony touches others as it has myself and that your walk with the Lord continues to open forth and provide you with more opportunities to share your story.

Thank you. This definitely gives me hope. The more I learn and read, the more enlightened I feel. I shall definitely stay on this path now. I don't feel as alone as I have anymore since recently. Each day seems a little bit brighter than the last. God bless you! smile  

Blessed Friend

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:51 pm
Spirit Reborn
This was wonderfully written. Thank you so much for sharing your personal experiences with us. And as much as I'm flattered by your ending Thanks towards me, I feel that it isn't something I should take credit for. I feel that God has been nudging me, ever since you made that thread about your faith, to pray, to help, and to ask for help from these very people in this guild. I am merely an instrument that He used to help you : ) and that, I must say, was quite an honor to take part in doing so. I know that you're still healing and finding your next path from here. I would encourage you to pray about it daily. But as to my thoughts toward your story.. something struck me. I feel as though you need to accept the first sacrament of God: Baptism. And I know that you're still looking for a decent Church that isn't trying to get money out of this, but moreso a Church that actually teaches and encourages people to walk with Christ as our Savior and our Lord.

Definitely check those sacraments out whenever you get the chance.

Thanks again for letting me read this.

It's brought hope, for me, that no matter what happens- the struggles, the pain, that God is strong and more powerful than any negative circumstance. That for every event, he can bring good out of trials for His glory. That when things get bad, He'll step in via sending people to help us deal with our pain or by divine intervention like you've experienced when you were 4.

Never give up in your faith, because He's never going to give up on you.

May God continually bless you and your story.

Thank you! And, I definitely understand. I believe now that God lead me to you and all of these wonderful people and I'm truly thankful and I thank Him too. And yes, I've truly wanted to be baptized for a while now, even for this entire year when I wasn't struggling so much, at those times, I have talked and people became more leary of me and said, "oh, well first you have to join" which, or course I will accept when I find the right church. I completely understand. and then, "first you have to learn about baptism and be here for a long time, then when we think you are ready, then you can be baptized." even after I spoke of my past. Which, I understand the learning process too, but at the same time, I've just wanted one of them to say, "Of course my child, we can definitely get you baptized." It's just most if not all of them make it seem like it's not possible. I have had one church cross my mind. A friend's grandmother says that her church actually in the spring goes on a mission trip to a river nearby and baptizes people that way. And me, I would like a baptism as natural as possible. I want to be dunked in water, not just water poured over me while I sit in a chair. And, for a while whenever I think of baptism, I think of her church. Next time I see her, I'm going to ask her about it, and hopefully in several months if her church seems right for me, I will be baptized. She's been baptized several times before, but she said that one was the most memorable for her. And how I'm drawn to nature a bit, I believe that it will feel right for me. Maybe in a way, God's leading me to her church because I've been thinking about it off and on. Only problem with it is, her pastor doesn't allow couples who are not married to live together. But, I live with my fiance mainly, even so, we're the only couple I know whose been together for 5 years (this upcoming March) and still virgins with no temptations. I've lived with him for close to a year now, about 10 months, and my fiance respects my boundaries 100%. So, I'm hoping I can explain to her pastor the situation and that he'll understand, especially since when I've told other pastors who've found it intriguing (guess it's this day and age), yet they understand. Her pastor is more traditional in his teachings.
One can only hope. God Bless you! ^-^  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:02 pm
ca adam
God bless you. You and I have a lot in common as far as experiencing so many different beliefs through the years. I know how it feels to be swayed by different ideas, and how it feels to be flustered by them and lose faith because of them.

But I'll tell you this: keeping your eye on God is the first step towards being saved. Additionally, you reaching out and letting people know how you're suffering is another big step. We need God, and we need each other. While we look towards the bible for answers, sometimes we can see those answers more clearly through the eyes of others.

Have you ever been to a Catholic Church? Or even an Orthodox Church? If not, I suggest you at least speak to a priest about your situation; he can help discern what you need and point you in the direction you need to go. (And don't be afraid to share your story—they deal with sensitive issues all the time.) Just find a church in your location and give the parish a call; or, attend a Mass (Mass is every day!) and then speak to one of the priests after Communion.

And, if you want a blessing from the priest, just get in line during Communion (when everyone stands up to receive the bread and wine) and cross your arms over your chest like an X. This lets the priest know that you're not taking Communion but that you want his blessing. You don't have to be a Catholic to receive one! 3nodding

Definitely can agree. It's been hard, but I'm glad now I'm heading in the right direction. It's weird, because this time, I actually feel closer to God than I have in the past when I was swaying, even the past times where I had came back to this path have not been as strong as this. This has been the closest I've felt since when I was 4 and had my first experience. So, I now know this is right for me for sure.

And no, I haven't been to that I'm aware of. I've been to Presbyterian (probably misspelled that), Advent church, Baptist Churches (mainly). I'm not truly familiar with the denominations. So please forgive my ignorance with that. ^^; But, one church I went to I did take communion once, so maybe that was an orthodox church, idk. The friend who invited me said it was a Baptist church, but I did take communion. But the thing is, when I did it was when I was possessed and swaying between religions, so when they did that my body was shaking badly afterwards and had dark thoughts I was trying to suppress for my own good. when I got back to the pew, like I just couldn't handle it. We left quickly after communion and my friend who invited me tried to console me. I'm hoping next time that I won't react that way, especially with baptism.
Thank you. God Bless you! biggrin  

Blessed Friend

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:08 pm
Servant Reborn

Thank you so much! These really do help and things seem clearer now. Very comforting words. And I've definitely learned that lesson, it's been hard to tell who is right and who is wrong. As the verse said that "I would know", sometimes I don't know how to tell. It can be hard to tell, at least for me. I don't want to follow people blindly anymore, for listening to so many different people, it's only torn me inside and made me questioned the word of God to even God himself. And those are the worst feelings. I'm just thankful now I can get my life straightened out now with the help of God and every day I feel a little closer now and my faith in believing it's possible is growing. I enjoy learning and reading verses now. God Bless you! smile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:18 pm
BrightEyesWillFly

Definitely can agree. It's been hard, but I'm glad now I'm heading in the right direction. It's weird, because this time, I actually feel closer to God than I have in the past when I was swaying, even the past times where I had came back to this path have not been as strong as this. This has been the closest I've felt since when I was 4 and had my first experience. So, I now know this is right for me for sure.

And no, I haven't been to that I'm aware of. I've been to Presbyterian (probably misspelled that), Advent church, Baptist Churches (mainly). I'm not truly familiar with the denominations. So please forgive my ignorance with that. ^^; But, one church I went to I did take communion once, so maybe that was an orthodox church, idk. The friend who invited me said it was a Baptist church, but I did take communion. But the thing is, when I did it was when I was possessed and swaying between religions, so when they did that my body was shaking badly afterwards and had dark thoughts I was trying to suppress for my own good. when I got back to the pew, like I just couldn't handle it. We left quickly after communion and my friend who invited me tried to console me. I'm hoping next time that I won't react that way, especially with baptism.

Sister, I'll be honest: the amount of denominations I can name off the top of my head can probably be counted on one hand, lol. There's tens of thousands of them (literally!), so don't worry. ♥

A Baptist church isn't an Orthodox church. The Orthodox church is very different, practically Catholic except for a few doctrinal differences. Seeing as you're not an Orthodox Christian, you wouldn't be able to take Communion in an Orthodox church; I mean, you could, but at the cost of hiding the fact you're not Orthodox. Kind of a sticky situation. Same if you were in a Catholic church.

Don't worry about that, though. You can still walk into a Catholic church during Mass, sit through it until everyone goes up for Communion and request just a blessing.

Either way, I really encourage that you make sure you're absolutely resolved in your faith in God and Jesus. That's so important. Talk to other Christians, ask as many questions as you can muster up; exhaust all opportunities to communicate with people so that when you're ready for baptism, you will have no doubts whatsoever. That's not saying you have to understand all of God—we can barely comprehend Him in all His righteousness and holiness. What it is saying is that you have to look within yourself and know that you can trust in Him and His sacrifice. Understanding follows in time as you keep relying on Him.

I'm rooting for you! You'll be in my prayers. ♥

kdke

Anxious Noob

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:32 pm
ca adam
BrightEyesWillFly

Sister, I'll be honest: the amount of denominations I can name off the top of my head can probably be counted on one hand, lol. There's tens of thousands of them (literally!), so don't worry. ♥

A Baptist church isn't an Orthodox church. The Orthodox church is very different, practically Catholic except for a few doctrinal differences. Seeing as you're not an Orthodox Christian, you wouldn't be able to take Communion in an Orthodox church; I mean, you could, but at the cost of hiding the fact you're not Orthodox. Kind of a sticky situation. Same if you were in a Catholic church.

Don't worry about that, though. You can still walk into a Catholic church during Mass, sit through it until everyone goes up for Communion and request just a blessing.

Either way, I really encourage that you make sure you're absolutely resolved in your faith in God and Jesus. That's so important. Talk to other Christians, ask as many questions as you can muster up; exhaust all opportunities to communicate with people so that when you're ready for baptism, you will have no doubts whatsoever. That's not saying you have to understand all of God—we can barely comprehend Him in all His righteousness and holiness. What it is saying is that you have to look within yourself and know that you can trust in Him and His sacrifice. Understanding follows in time as you keep relying on Him.

I'm rooting for you! You'll be in my prayers. ♥

Oh my O_o; thousands? Well, you learn something new everyday. xD
I am definitely glad to know the difference now though between the churches too. I'm sure I'd definitely stick out like a sore thumb. That does help make things more clear. I'm glad it's not like an exam that I have to be extremely knowledgable to be baptized. But, I definitely won't refrain from questions. I'm happy learning. I'm definitely a believer now, but I can't hide the few doubts I still have and I truly want to resolve those completely. But, that does help me feel better and give me an idea of when I will know when I'm ready. Like the Journey song, "Don't Stop Believing!", I definitely won't. I feel so much safer now. And thank you once again! You shall be in mine too as well as everyone who has helped me. God Bless! smile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:35 pm
Have you ever repented for making the deal with Satan? If you have asked for forgiveness for it, then just like repenting for anything else, God forgives you for it. And speaking in general, even if you don't feel like God is there or being particularly helpful, doesn't mean he isn't. The religious experiences are great, but sometimes that feeling isn't there and you have to rely on the fact that God is who He is. Everything that happens isn't deep and spiritual, like when you were 4, were spectacular things happen and angels talk to you in person. Part of having faith is trusting God without the cool experiences. For most of the time, we all walk in the dark, hopefully under the correct assumption that God is His awesome self. In fact there's times in the Bible were people don't have those experiences either. In the book of Ruth nothing super spectacular happens, but God still helped her.  

apiyo

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:23 pm
apiyo
Have you ever repented for making the deal with Satan? If you have asked for forgiveness for it, then just like repenting for anything else, God forgives you for it. And speaking in general, even if you don't feel like God is there or being particularly helpful, doesn't mean he isn't. The religious experiences are great, but sometimes that feeling isn't there and you have to rely on the fact that God is who He is. Everything that happens isn't deep and spiritual, like when you were 4, were spectacular things happen and angels talk to you in person. Part of having faith is trusting God without the cool experiences. For most of the time, we all walk in the dark, hopefully under the correct assumption that God is His awesome self. In fact there's times in the Bible were people don't have those experiences either. In the book of Ruth nothing super spectacular happens, but God still helped her.

I still repent it to this day. And, as I've grown, looking back, you're right. I feel naive, because He's been there the whole time. Even looking back on it, He's always been there and hasn't left. It gives me comfort even more now. Every day I'm thankful and continue on with reading scriptures, keeping up hope, and praying, believing He can hear me, even if He doesn't answer immediately. Even with this new direction back to the right path, even if baptism won't truly help me without putting 100% into a relationship with God and trust as Him being my savior, I still feel I need it. For me, baptism is the first step in commitment other than testimony and commiting myself to God.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:04 am
Keep up the Good Fight, sister! blaugh  

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Testimonies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash