Welcome to Gaia! ::

TinierMe

Back to Guilds

A place to meet Gaians who share a love and interest in the web-community, TinierMe ! 

Tags: TinierMe, Selfy, GCrest, Kokoro, Gacha 

Reply TinierMe
So I wrote an article about TM~

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

slothiiiey

Friendly Gaian

8,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:00 am
Hi everyone! I work over at the GaiaOnline Magazine, and I wrote an article about TM.
I included a link to this guild, so people could find out more about TM.
So ummm here. >< Hope you enjoy it!

User Image

Click to read

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:32 am
that's a pretty extensive magazine... i haven't read it all but i skimmed thru it. emotion_kirakira you guys did an amazing job eek

tho i've never really compared gachas to Daily Chance... cuz well technically Daily Chance is a fixed number of spins and the items are teh suck. (i haven't bothered with mine in ages) also i can't say i'm "thankful" for TM dying but it's a nice thought.

i actually didn't know about the mobile app market ninja that's is rather interesting to know  

-Elie-
Crew

Sparkly Bunny

22,175 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Il Corvo di Verona

Otherworldly Gatekeeper

16,965 Points
  • Mystical Adversary 25
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:34 am
First off, I gotta thank you for posting the link: I'd completely forgotten about GOM, which I shouldn't have because it's a great read! (It had a Tekkit article! And I actually might try the cobbler recipe from Issue 8...)

I thought your article was very well-done, though, and covered a lot of bases in regards to TM and giving people who didn't know about it a primer. I do agree with Elie, though, in that I never really thought about comparing Daily Chance to the Gachas: DC gives really low-tier items, true (though they might be useful if you're a newbie), but it's also free, so I always considered it more of a bonus, whereas the TM Gachas were, as you pointed out, practically a requirement! You make a good point in drawing comparisons, though, for people who've never used TinierMe.

The part about Gaia putting out animated and licensed items because TM had them was particularly interesting; are there sources for this? I seem to recall the devs saying a while ago (pre-2010) that they were considering animated items, but it would make sense if they saw how big moots were on TM!

Hm... Though, now that I think about it, animated items aren't as big on Gaia as they were on TM, despite being less common. Maybe because most of them are background/scenery or not-too-versatile wings, instead of animated faces/items? But I'm going off-topic xD;

Anyway, I liked it; not just your article, but the magazine as a whole. New reading material is always cause for rejoicing! =D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:30 pm
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I really appreciate it biggrin

@ Verona: TM opened September 2009, so its understandable that Gaia's animoots started rolling out in 2010.  

slothiiiey

Friendly Gaian

8,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Linden_Leigh

Quotable Seeker

6,100 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:08 pm
Awesome article biggrin
It's too bad TM ended though
But very good article though ~  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:11 am
I really liked the article. I have heard a variety or reasons on why TM closed. To me I think its just to many rumors going around. Overall it was a good article, good job biggrin  

oRuby

xBriar_Rose

Aekea Mystic

20,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:37 pm
Thanks for sharing this! I am very happy you shared with others about TM. Great job on the article!  
TinierMe

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games