Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Prayer for Elementary School Shooting.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:28 pm
I'd like to request a prayer visual for the deaths of elementary students(In Connecticut), and the parent of 1 of the 2 gunmen. Let us all pray for the healing and comfort, to all who were effected by this tragedy. Thanks. cry

More info here: Shooting  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:44 pm
My prayers are definitely with them.

My question is, why nowadays are people resorting to such unspeakable crimes? I know we shouldn't play the "blame game" and there are reasons like:

~lack of discipline
~background of being raised/home life
~lack of religion in schools and taken out of the school pledge
~loss of someone
~revenge
~younger generations exploited to graphic knowledge

The list goes on of the possibilities. But, even so, I don't understand why they resort to it, even if they think they have a reason, they don't. And, why can't these people get help? The world can be a cruel place.

I can only say I can sympathize with them in a similar situation. A girl brought a handheld gun to our elementary school and left it in the parking lot. She told everyone before she did it that she would do it, and did. A 4th grader, at the time I was a 4th grader too. The whole school was on lockdown the whole day and the principal and vice prinicipal were fired. The girl even went to the newspaper over it. We were lucky there wasn't a shooting that day, but that fear, and those poor children exposed to that violence are surely traumatized for those who survived and saw. For the families I can only pray their healing especially at this time of year. And for those who have passed, I can only pray a quick, painless, and peaceful passing to be welcomed by God's open arms.

God bless.  

i r i d e s s i c a n c e

Blessed Friend

jesusgirl115

Dangerous Friend

8,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:57 pm
I will also be praying for all the families and children effected by this shooting.

This is a cruel twisted world we live in.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:44 pm
I'll be praying about this, too. I heard about through my catechist's wife earlier today. It's so sad, but we need to have hope, especially for those closely involved with the children (parents, friends, relatives) who might not have any right now.

As well, do not give into anger over this. My Facebook page is being sprinkled by lots of murderous hatred over the young man who killed these children, and that is not how we should respond to the situation. While what this man did was incredibly sinful, we need to focus on those who have been hurt; we need to pray to God for those who died, and give love to those who've lost.

God bless.

kdke

Anxious Noob

calwri

Devoted Friend

9,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:51 pm
Thinking about how many families well be 'celebrating' the year they lost their child breaks my heart. The families will be in my prayers.

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:01 pm
Let's also pray for the 22 children injured by a man stabbing people in a school in China.  

kdke

Anxious Noob

angelic snow angel

Angelic Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:14 am
Praying for the comfort of those families who suffered so from the shooting yesterday. And for the healing of the community. There are so many senseless deaths and I pray for all of those who are killed by sensless acts of violence.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:20 am
What is wrong with the world? I am a high school student and I am scared that this kind of thing will happen to me, or my school, or my friends school. I think school's should be rebuilt so you must enter through the office and there are no other unlocked entrances. I pray for those lost and I also pray that the world will do something to protect students, grade school and college. I heard about the shooting from my bus-driver after school Friday and it broke my heart, I would be dead on the inside if I lost my little cousins who are only 7, my nieces who I have not had a chance to meet yet, my baby nephew who is not even in school yet. My heart goes out to those who have lost people like my family.  

Luna Love 1995

Hallowed Millionaire

8,600 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Millionaire 200

Jewelies

Friendly Survivor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:08 pm
My heart just aches for those families and everyone affected by that shooting. Even now thinking about it brings tears to my eyes, when my friends told me about it I just broke down sobbing.

I will definitely be praying for all those poor people.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:46 am
We need to pray for Adam Lanza as well. God only knows the pain he went through due to his mental illness. And we need to pray for forgiveness and reconciliation between the family of the killer and the children who were killed.  

Karo Kiba

Newbie Soldier

9,975 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items