Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
I am desperate

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Le aveline

Blessed Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:16 pm
I suppose I need advice as well as prayer.

My name is missy.

I'm in a relationship. A strong one at that.
I dated this man for a year before we broke up over something silly. And we were apart for 8 months. I am waiting until I am married to do anything intimate. And he said he would wait along side me, and he promised he'd only ever love me. But one month out of those 8, he got with another girl and they had sex twice. We got back together shortly after and got engaged. And we have been for 10 months now. But I feel so betrayed by what he's done.
He has cried to me about it and he has said he's sorry nearly every single day. He has told me countless times she meant nothing to him, and it was such a mistake. But despite it all I still feel hurt and upset a great deal.

Recently I've been having second thoughts about this love.. I do love him so much but I'm hurting over this.

What do I do? How do I cope without losing the only man I've ever loved?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:32 pm
I cant give you Relationship advice only because i have never been in a relationship. But I can and WILL Pray for you!  

MiracleRayray2

Blessed Warrior

7,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50

Le aveline

Blessed Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:40 pm
MiracleRayray2
I cant give you Relationship advice only because i have never been in a relationship. But I can and WILL Pray for you!

Thank you  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:52 pm
Le angel heart
MiracleRayray2

Thank you

Welcome  

MiracleRayray2

Blessed Warrior

7,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50

kdke

Anxious Noob

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:55 pm
I know how it feels to be betrayed by someone I'm with. It hurts a lot and can bring on a lot of resentment. It's hard to look past it.

So this is what I'll encourage you to do: forgive him. Love is not without forgiveness, and if he is now loyal to you, you need to learn how to trust again. If you can't trust, then you will keep on suffering, and he will keep suffering, too.

Whether the girl meant something to him or not is important, though. If anything, him treating this girl like an object is something he needs to examine—because no one deserves to be treated like that, and perhaps you could sit down with him and make sure that kind of behavior won't happen between you and him in the future.

So communicate with him; let him know that you want to be 100% sure he is in this for the whole package: you! As well, you need to pray for forgiveness towards his past actions. Love holds no record of wrongs, as Paul said. I know it's hard, but when is true love ever completely easy in the long run? It has to be worked on and developed through the couple and God.

God bless. Just keep praying, sister. ♥

Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff