Reply 08. ✿ - - - All Around The World News
Have you noticed?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KayaTesagi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:12 pm
Might just be me *shrugs* but recently there seem to be a bit of an increase in killings. Some day ago it was a shooting at some theater, then a mall, then today with the school (there are other things but i cant remember them).

Also weird crap with nature is going on as well. Bf says its cuz the world is getting ready to change and people's subconsciousness can sense it but those people couldn't handle it and went crazy.

so anyone notice the change?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:20 am
I had a similar conversation this past week as well. Not only are times changing but people are changing to adapt to these changes. I also think that the media having glorified the "end of the world" for the 21st may have put some people in such a frenzy that they don't wish to be around for that day.

Now with the heightened sense of fear placed in society I only expect it to get worse. It's quite depressing to see how many people out there can insult and talk-down to those grieving over these events.

Support is a dieing trend, and I think the people who are snapping are experiencing that first hand.  

Salted Lemon

Salty Admirer

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:13 am
Murder, hate, superstition and all around being psychotic is not a new trick for humanity. There are atrocities in every era of human history. Only difference now is that we live in an age of information. There's a radio/TV broadcast and Youtube video less than half an hour after every major accident and murder nowadays.

We aren't experiencing anything new. The tools and methods may have changed, but overall history is repeating itself.

Apathy is the epidemic in the world today. If the world ends it's because no one bothered to lift a finger to save it. Too many will stand by saying, "Why doesn't someone do something?" When it is not up to someone else. If society were to collapse now, even if everyone were to band together, there would not be enough supplies (especially in the major cities) to meet everyone's basic needs for survival. A large portion of the population would starve to death or be taken by the elements. The only ones left would be those who could discard the thin veil of humanity and do what is necessary to survive.

I'm an optimist by nature, but it's not hard to see that the path humanity is heading down currently only leads to suffering. Nothing is ever certain. The big question is can humanity change before it becomes to late and will it. The possibility for change and the will to endure the hardships to make it happen. Only time can tell if we are meant to persevere or fade into obscurity as the human race falls to extinction.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:50 am
Crime happens every single day. I am not sure if the chain of these crimes is exactly an "increase", it's just that the media is choosing to expose shootings to try and make the public believe that "guns are bad".  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Mallori_Cantare

Gem

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:41 am
I've noticed the change.
There is hardly rain here in Australia ( when there normally is in Winter) and it doesn't even feel that cold.

Summer this year also had a mass rain period and it was just weird.  
08. ✿ - - - All Around The World News

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games