Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:49 am
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Gun-Sales-Up-After-CT-Shooting-San-Diego-Control-Restrictions--183793111.html

So apparently because of thew shooting, people suspect that Obama is going to get stricter with gun control and so they are buying guns because I guess if he does get stricter, it doesn't affect the people who already brought them.

I personally think you can ban gun control all you want, but it isn't the only weapon out there are, people get stabbed and beaten to death but I guess as far as school and mall shootings go, you kill more people than you would with a knife seeing as you have to get up close.

Though I did read some years ago a man went on a stabbing rampage in Japan and then years later a woman did the same thing.

So yeah, one guy commented on the gun sales saying that bad guys steal their guns and so the honest people are going to be the ones struggling. Do you agree?

I mean as far as a home robbery goes I guess so because you'd get shot before you can get a knife or get close enough to stab them. I mean I can only assume people are getting guns for home invasion because lets face it, by the time you hear about a public shooting, the police are there so it's not like these parents can go to school and shoot the shooter themselves.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:19 am
User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
User Image
╔════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Most people really don't actually want stricter gun laws, with as strict as the gun laws are right now and they can't even enforce those, I don't think it would do much good to make them worse. Looking throughout the history of the world you can find different times when things where out lawed, banned, or restricted. For instance the where more killings in Japan after the sword ban of the maji era. Why, because the people who where good honest people put down their swords to obey the law. While those who where criminals kept their weapons and did as they pleased. So, those people who could have defended themselves where unable. It can also be seen during the American Prohibition, Chicago still feels the hold of the crime that happened at that time, actually, during that time there where three times as many guns then as there are now.

Actually, the worst school massacre in American history was not a shooting, but a man who drove his car into the building and blew it up. Most school shootings and violence has also been stopped in other states that have loss gun laws because the teachers or other students will kill the criminal. The first recorded American school shooting was in the 1800's, when a man came into a class room to kill his ex-girlfriend who was the teacher. She didn't die, because most of her students brought out their own guns and told the man to leave, because they liked their teacher. Also, in Utah, all teachers are allowed to openly carry guns, without a conceal carry. Because of this there have been no school shootings ever. You can also open carry a gun in Utah as long as it is in plane view and three actions away.

The sandy hook massacre, was sad, but the principle of the school had a conceal carry permit, she couldn't carry a gun at the school because it was a gun free zone. She died trying to disarm the gun man. That same day, in China, a man walked into a school with a knife and killed ~25 elementary students; this would be the second week he had done this. In Iraq the teachers at schools don't have people come into their class rooms to kill the students, why, because they carry AK47's with them. (<-with is a semi-automatic machine gun.)

I was going to add more, but I have to go do some stuff for a volunteer thing at my sisters school....

╚════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

OneWeekRainisu

Barton Phantom

11,650 Points
  • Intermediate Skill 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Pet Lover 100

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:49 am
That's what I'm saying! It has been a proven fact that you can use many household objects as weapons like pots, pans, silverware, dishes, pens, pencils, rulers, jewelry, any type of wire, etc. etc. It's just that most people don't use these things as weapons. Weapons in our society limits it to firearms and knives, mostly. In other cultures, they know that anything can be used as a weapon. It's just people here are too blind to see it. Even a person's hands can be considered "weapons" in a court of law if they've had any type of training with them or have plenty of muscle.

I have noticed how expensive ammo has gotten and if you go to a firearms store or even Walmart - their ammo shelves are mostly empty all the time.

Not sure if bad guys will steal good peoples guns, but it can happen for sure. I mean, stealing anything from an honest person puts the honest person in a troublesome position. My concern is for these higher authorities thinking it's a great idea to ban weapons. They did in Australia from an article I had read and that crime was up 300% because criminals are just waiting for people to be defenseless so that their success of completing a crime with a firearm is like 90%.

I think with all these school and public shootings - they should allow security to carry firearms and shoot at a person if they pull out a gun or weapon and are potentially putting innocent lives at stake.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:16 am
Aquatic_blue
I think with all these school and public shootings - they should allow security to carry firearms and shoot at a person if they pull out a gun or weapon and are potentially putting innocent lives at stake.
When I was in high school we had armed police stationed on campus, just like a college. That's essentially this system.  

Roxxy v2

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:08 pm
Roxxy v2
Aquatic_blue
When I was in high school we had armed police stationed on campus, just like a college. That's essentially this system.

That's a way to do it 3nodding  
08. ✿ - - - All Around The World News

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff