Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Is it weird to feel bad for not being bullied?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheLostAngel-Mika

Rainbow Elder

14,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:41 pm
With coming out, I had the usual family problems. My mom is super religious and my dad is super old-school. So my relationship with them sucks. But when it came to school, I have never been bullied for liking girls. Actually, at my old school (and it was a small rural town too), it was cool to be bi. Our GSA had at least 20 to 40 people per meeting. Our theater kids were the popular kids and our whole freshmen football team was made of gay boys no jokes. Even when I transferred schools, even though it wasn't as embraced as my old school, its accepted. I can shout that I like girls and no one cares. Hell I jokingly hit on straight girls and they giggle.

Then I hear about these stories where people are bullied and commit suicide or want to because their bullied for being gay and I feel like s**t because I've never gone through that. Ive been bullied before yeah but never for my sexuality. So is it weird to feel bad that ive never gone through that like others?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:08 pm
No. It's no weird at all. It just shows that you have a heart.

I feel that way all the time. I've been bullied before, but not for my sexuality, so when I hear these stories, I cry my eyes out. It's sad that people end their lives because others don't accept them for something they could not change.

You're very lucky that you went to great schools who accept you for who you are. Just think about that, and if you see someone being bullied because of their sexuality or of anything else, defend them with all your might! :3

LillLazaru5

Dangerous Noob

7,750 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Member 100

Ezra

Fashionable Businesswoman

6,975 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:52 am
You shouldn't feel bad, you should feel blessed.

If you want to do something about it though, why not volunteer for a cause that helps kids who are bullied?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:33 am
you should be happy it never happened to you. my school was very gay friendly, we were known for having a large population of lgb students compared to other schools in the city. i didnt get much bullying besides a couple people being rude and losing a friend. i was also a bit in denile for those years but that was because of middle school  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:13 pm
I was never, and currently have never, experienced bullying for coming out.

I think people are rather intimidated by me to begin with, I have a strong personality, very much so "no bullshit" oriented. I keep things open and honest with other people and in general was well liked in high school.

I had a lot of people in high school, specifically straight men, tell me that should anyone ever give me any problems, they would undoubtedly have my back.

For the most part, I was kind to others and very open minded and receptive to their opinions and perceptions. People tended to look up to me and as such never attempted to challenge me or my sexuality.

Currently in college I've yet to experience any sort of offenses. Again, I've nestled myself into a good group of friends and people keep me in rather high regards. Everyone I meet, straight men and women, tend to see me as a fun and charismatic individual and as such have supported me on many occasions that I myself hadn't even physically been present in.

I think not being bullied is something to be very normal. You can't expect the worst in everyone nor can you see fault in their general acceptance of you. Perhaps it's something to instead learn from and maybe teach to others.

I tend to think of it all like Karma; you receive what you give to others. If even a handful of people perceive you as someone to look up to it tends to follow that many others will also view you in the same light. If you're comfortable in yourself, others tend to be comfortable with you.

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games