PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 11:40 am
CHANGES IN BOLD

Guardian_Iris
TeKa
DaemonGabrielle
Pae'il Name: TeKa
Power Category: stormspike |fire|
Chosen Power Name: Feather Fury
Power Description: TeKa can manipulate the temperature of her wing/tail feathers. They can radiate heat in concentrated doses. They can grow molten hot whilst still on her body. Her feathers retain this ability when plucked, and can be used as weapons. But only by her.

When using her own feathers as weapons, they can have a delayed reaction, that's almost like a ticking time bomb, depending on how much power she puts into them. More power, more time before they erupt in more heat. Less power, less time and less heat.

Also, she tends to molt feathers frequently, making the collection of feathers easier

Weakness: she is extremely susceptible to cold related powers and colder temperatures will give her bodily symptoms similar to a cold. She will get congested, have body aches, and at extremely cold environments, she will run a fever and loose energy rapidly.

Her feather can only be used in their explosive state by her. They can only be put into an explosive state, by her. In any one else's hands, theyre just feathers.

She also is extremely immune to heat. And has no concept of heat or burns.

Link to most recent completed RP: Teka grinned and relaxed in the hot tub. She loved the warm temperatures. Turning toward her companion, in the tub several feet away, she shouted "How's yours?"

A small giggle crossed the large chamber. A blue hand shot up, the ice Crystal's forming around it sparkling in the fire light. "Nice and icey. The best way." The small tinkling voice gave another giggle before sinking her hand down under the frosted waters.

Teka's voice, a bit more gravelly, gave a single huff. "You sound as insane as you did the night we met. Ya' remember that? Ya about gave me a heart attack that night." She sighed, a small movement resembling a smile alighting her features. "Came out the woods as the guardian lit up, scaring me and prolly the guardian themself." A throaty chuckle rose from the steaming water.

Eirlys sighed and slid further down into the water. "It wasn't my fi est moment. I was just trying to escape the leftover heat from that bath. But it worked out didn't it?"she asked, tossing a smirk at her friend. "We both made it out ok. All your freaking out over me stealing your power was pointless. We both just happened to have stormspike powers."

Teka frowned. "Ya know, if you hadn't decided to continue the damb ritual without bothering to correct your mistake? I wouldn't have flipped my lid, man. You were incorrigible then and you've only gotten worse. " she sighed and waved her hands around, passing more heat into the water. "Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the guardians were just scared and lazy and decided that whatever worked for you, was fine by them."

Eirlys smiled. "Hey. We made it tho. Right? We have a nice job, we aren't bothered by other pae. And guess what? We both have nice powers that work beautifully. " the small blue pae leaned over the edge of her tub and gave her best friend a giant grin. "Besides, the gods knew you'd need me to be fantabulous."

Teka Barker dout a deep laugh and sloshed some water at her very misguided buddy. "Just finish your bath. We don't need to be testing their patience in blaspheme."

The two pae both turned back to their individual baths and laughed long and loud.

Someone has already taken the name of this power. We would actually recommend you focus more on the feathers than hands as that's super unique!

How is this?  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 1:30 pm
These two powers were never commented on or approved, so reposted:

Daisicle
Pae'il Name: Kolgae
Link To Where Scroll Was Earned: [x]
Scroll Power: Nightwalker - During nightfall, Kolgae has the ability to change into a biological female. If they activate "Living Shadow" while female, they can conceal their presence, but are unable to submerge themselves in the shadows.
Weakness: This power can only be activated from dusk until dawn. To activate, Kolgae must wish to "change" or to "become different" or, more directly, that they wish they were a girl at that point of time. This does not have to be a conscious thought; a subconscious wish will have the same effect.

While transformed, their relatively androgynous appearance takes on a more feminine undertone, with slightly larger hips, breasts, and other markedly-female characteristics. This transformation is painless - it is very possible for them to change without being aware of it - and has no significant energy cost. To Kolgae, it would be like they zoned out for a second and when focusing once more, their sex had changed.

Should Kolgae become pregnant at the time their power is activated, their body will remain biologically female until the embryo is carried to term. It's perhaps the quickest method of a pregnancy test available, not unlike the after-affects of couples conceiving via Iordanes' arrows.

If "Living Shadow" is activated concurrently with "Nightwalker," Kolgae can conceal their sounds, including those incurred by breathing, walking, etc, and their general presence. They must be in the shadows to do so, and doing so incurs an energy cost similar to activating "Living Shadow" while male. While female, they cannot fully merge themselves within a shadow. Kolgae does not become invisible, but unless someone nearby is actively looking for someone and/or otherwise highly vigilant, they would not notice Kolgae nearby.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edits to "Living Shadow" in light of new power, since I believe separating the new aspects like this makes more intuitive sense. Edits are bolded and italicized below, while redundant aspects are just italicized above. Pronouns used in "Living Shadow" also edited to be gender-neutral

Quote:
Chosen Power Name: Living Shadow
Power Description: Kolgae can merge themselves with another's shadow. If they activate this ability while using "Nightwalker," they can conceal their presence, but are unable to submerge themselves in the shadows.
Weakness: When they do so, they assumes a sort of ethereal form, essentially melding into and becoming the shadow. They can see and listen, but not interact with anyone or anything about them in this form. If the shadow moves, so do they.

They cannot move between shadows unless they are directly connected.

There is a limit to the amount of time they can stay in this form - perhaps 30-min to an hour - before they should return to a physical state. Going longer will exponentially weaken them. The longer they are in the form, the longer they must remain out of it before they can effectively resume it again without facing extensive mental and physical strain.

If "Living Shadow" is activated concurrently with "Nightwalker," Kolgae can conceal their sounds, including those incurred by breathing, walking, etc, and their general presence. They must be in the shadows to do so, and doing so incurs an energy cost similar to activating "Living Shadow" while male. While female, they cannot fully merge themselves within a shadow. Kolgae does not become invisible, but unless someone nearby is actively looking for someone and/or otherwise highly vigilant, they would not notice Kolgae nearby.

Daisicle
Scroll Power: Fleeting Shadow - Kolgae can steal memories of themselves from others.
Weakness: Kolgae can only affect the short-term memories of others [requires player approval or metaplot relevance], not themselves, and they can only affect these memories insofar as the memories directly pertain to their actions and influences. They cannot erase any physical indications of their activities, only memories, and they cannot falsify memories to account for any residual 'gaps' that may result. The result may present itself as either 'black outs' of certain parts of memories or an inability to recall whether someone additional was there; e.g. it'd be like changing Kolgae from the main character to a background character without dialogue that only appears on-screen for a few frames.

It is possible for a pae to recount these memories should a strong enough 'trigger' happen. While this may vary from pae to pae, it would need to be something with significant emotional impact. Simply speaking with Kolgae after the fact is not sufficient enough to be a trigger, and in fact, those without strong memories or emotional attachments may very well never be able to recall what was lost again.

Kolgae retains all memories that he 'erases' from others from their point of view, and in doing so replaces their own memories of the situation with what they've 'stolen' from someone else. They will never recover their own perspective from what happened, nor will they ever forget these 'stolen' memories.

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 2:09 pm
Pae'il Name: Iolyte
Power Category: Redeemer
Chosen Power Name: Cleansing Venom
Power Description: Iolyte can cleanse a pae'il or animal of taint by envenomating them - she is also naturally highly-resistant to taint. Curiously, this venom glows lightly.

Her upper canines have developed into the solenoglyphous​ fangs of the Viperid family. Long and tubular, they are designed to hold prey in place while delivering deep wounds. They are hollow and designed for maximum potency in envenomation. When not in use, they fold back into the roof of her mouth.

The venom acts as a typical hemotoxin, targeting and spreading through the bloodstream and muscle tissues. The speed of this is dependent on the point of injection, e.g. it would work quicker on the thigh than, say, the forearm.

Should a pae think to do so, this venom can be collected and stored for short periods of time, not to exceed a day (hot temp), week (room temp), or month (freezing temp). The glow will fade as the efficacy does, and the venom should be promptly discarded at this point.

Weakness: She has a very set amount of venom that can be injected at a given time and must regenerate it over time. Until she becomes better at control, each bite will release the entirety of her stores. As there are limited opportunities for her to practice, this is likely to stay the same for some time.

Her fangs regularly shed every couple of months, during which time she (obviously) cannot use her ability. Since her canines must be folded back during everyday life, it makes it more difficult to rip and chew food, particularly tougher meats.

At this time, envenomation does not preclude a pae or creature from becoming tainted again - it's basically an antidote (+ delivery system), not a vaccine. She is also not immune to the effects of taint (unless staff would like to let her be), just highly resistant. She cannot self-envenomate to any significant effect.

Link to most recent completed RP:[x]

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 6:50 pm
APPROVED WOO

Kelvollon
Approved with the note that he is the only one who can hear them and they only last in the objects for a limited amount of time smile
MiddyGlow
Pae'il Name: Kelvollon
Power Category:
Chosen Power Name: Talking to myself
Power Description: Kelvollon can imbued dolls or inanimate objects with spirits in order to communicate with them.
Weakness: The fall back is he doesn’t know if it’ll be a good or bad spirit so it could attack him or sassy him.
Link to most recent completed RP: Kelvollon was sweeping the shop and straightening things up in Warm Thoughts when he heard something. He turned and looked at Henry but the demon who had summoned him acted like he didn't hear anything. Kel frowned confused and looked at a doll he had moved to a better angle earlier in the day. He heard a murmuring from the doll but he couldn't make out what the doll was saying. He was rather confused so he went closer to the toy and finally heard the doll speak. "Hey, why did you put me in this doll??!!" The doll complained loudly. Kel blinked and said, "Umm I'm sorry I didn't know I put anyone anywhere." He blushed. The dolls tone was harsh "Well you did and you should know what you are doing before you do it." She huffed in an angry tone. Kel frowned "How did I put you in a doll??" The doll sighed and then said "I'm a spirit you fool." Kelvollon then thought he should look with his other eye and saw the spirit that he must have somehow accidentally moved into the doll. It was really rude of him even if it had been an accident. "I'm so sorry I'll be more careful." He looked over his shoulder at Henry looking at him strangely. It seemed no one else could hear the spirit well this would be awkard.

Henry
MiddyGlow
Pae'il Name: Henry
Power Category: Mastermind
Chosen Power Name: Just a little gift
Power Description: Henry is able to tinker and make new gifts for his gift shop. They have random magical effects of minor nature. Like color changing, scents, and other sensory effects.
Weakness: He is only able to make small gift shop items, he is unable to make weapons of any kind.
Link to most recent completed RP: X

TeKa
DaemonGabrielle
Pae'il Name: TeKa
Power Category: stormspike |fire|
Chosen Power Name: Feather Fury
Power Description: TeKa can manipulate the temperature of her wing/tail feathers. They can radiate heat in concentrated doses. They can grow molten hot whilst still on her body. Her feathers retain this ability when plucked, and can be used as weapons. But only by her.

When using her own feathers as weapons, they can have a delayed reaction, that's almost like a ticking time bomb, depending on how much power she puts into them. More power, more time before they erupt in more heat. Less power, less time and less heat.

Also, she tends to molt feathers frequently, making the collection of feathers easier

Weakness: she is extremely susceptible to cold related powers and colder temperatures will give her bodily symptoms similar to a cold. She will get congested, have body aches, and at extremely cold environments, she will run a fever and loose energy rapidly.

Her feather can only be used in their explosive state by her. They can only be put into an explosive state, by her. In any one else's hands, theyre just feathers.

She also is extremely immune to heat. And has no concept of heat or burns.

Link to most recent completed RP: Teka grinned and relaxed in the hot tub. She loved the warm temperatures. Turning toward her companion, in the tub several feet away, she shouted "How's yours?"

A small giggle crossed the large chamber. A blue hand shot up, the ice Crystal's forming around it sparkling in the fire light. "Nice and icey. The best way." The small tinkling voice gave another giggle before sinking her hand down under the frosted waters.

Teka's voice, a bit more gravelly, gave a single huff. "You sound as insane as you did the night we met. Ya' remember that? Ya about gave me a heart attack that night." She sighed, a small movement resembling a smile alighting her features. "Came out the woods as the guardian lit up, scaring me and prolly the guardian themself." A throaty chuckle rose from the steaming water.

Eirlys sighed and slid further down into the water. "It wasn't my fi est moment. I was just trying to escape the leftover heat from that bath. But it worked out didn't it?"she asked, tossing a smirk at her friend. "We both made it out ok. All your freaking out over me stealing your power was pointless. We both just happened to have stormspike powers."

Teka frowned. "Ya know, if you hadn't decided to continue the damb ritual without bothering to correct your mistake? I wouldn't have flipped my lid, man. You were incorrigible then and you've only gotten worse. " she sighed and waved her hands around, passing more heat into the water. "Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the guardians were just scared and lazy and decided that whatever worked for you, was fine by them."

Eirlys smiled. "Hey. We made it tho. Right? We have a nice job, we aren't bothered by other pae. And guess what? We both have nice powers that work beautifully. " the small blue pae leaned over the edge of her tub and gave her best friend a giant grin. "Besides, the gods knew you'd need me to be fantabulous."

Teka Barker dout a deep laugh and sloshed some water at her very misguided buddy. "Just finish your bath. We don't need to be testing their patience in blaspheme."

The two pae both turned back to their individual baths and laughed long and loud.

Kolgae
Daisicle
Scroll Power: Nightwalker - During nightfall, Kolgae has the ability to change into a biological female. If they activate "Living Shadow" while female, they can conceal their presence, but are unable to submerge themselves in the shadows.
Weakness: This power can only be activated from dusk until dawn. To activate, Kolgae must wish to "change" or to "become different" or, more directly, that they wish they were a girl at that point of time. This does not have to be a conscious thought; a subconscious wish will have the same effect.

While transformed, their relatively androgynous appearance takes on a more feminine undertone, with slightly larger hips, breasts, and other markedly-female characteristics. This transformation is painless - it is very possible for them to change without being aware of it - and has no significant energy cost. To Kolgae, it would be like they zoned out for a second and when focusing once more, their sex had changed.

Should Kolgae become pregnant at the time their power is activated, their body will remain biologically female until the embryo is carried to term. It's perhaps the quickest method of a pregnancy test available, not unlike the after-affects of couples conceiving via Iordanes' arrows.

Edits to "Living Shadow" in light of new power, since I believe separating the new aspects like this makes more intuitive sense. Edits are bolded and italicized below, while redundant aspects are just italicized above. Pronouns used in "Living Shadow" also edited to be gender-neutral

Quote:
Chosen Power Name: Living Shadow
Power Description: Kolgae can merge themselves with another's shadow. If they activate this ability while using "Nightwalker," they can conceal their presence, but are unable to submerge themselves in the shadows.
Weakness: When they do so, they assumes a sort of ethereal form, essentially melding into and becoming the shadow. They can see and listen, but not interact with anyone or anything about them in this form. If the shadow moves, so do they.

They cannot move between shadows unless they are directly connected.

There is a limit to the amount of time they can stay in this form - perhaps 30-min to an hour - before they should return to a physical state. Going longer will exponentially weaken them. The longer they are in the form, the longer they must remain out of it before they can effectively resume it again without facing extensive mental and physical strain.

Daisicle
Scroll Power: Fleeting Shadow - Kolgae can steal memories of themselves from others.
Weakness: Kolgae can only affect the short-term memories of others [requires player approval or metaplot relevance], not themselves, and they can only affect these memories insofar as the memories directly pertain to their actions and influences. They cannot erase any physical indications of their activities, only memories, and they cannot falsify memories to account for any residual 'gaps' that may result. The result may present itself as either 'black outs' of certain parts of memories or an inability to recall whether someone additional was there; e.g. it'd be like changing Kolgae from the main character to a background character without dialogue that only appears on-screen for a few frames.

It is possible for a pae to recount these memories should a strong enough 'trigger' happen. While this may vary from pae to pae, it would need to be something with significant emotional impact. Simply speaking with Kolgae after the fact is not sufficient enough to be a trigger, and in fact, those without strong memories or emotional attachments may very well never be able to recall what was lost again.

Kolgae retains all memories that he 'erases' from others from their point of view, and in doing so replaces their own memories of the situation with what they've 'stolen' from someone else. They will never recover their own perspective from what happened, nor will they ever forget these 'stolen' memories.

Iolyte
Daisicle
Pae'il Name: Iolyte
Power Category: Redeemer
Chosen Power Name: Cleansing Venom
Power Description: Iolyte can cleanse a pae'il or animal of taint by envenomating them - she is also naturally highly-resistant to taint. Curiously, this venom glows lightly.

Her upper canines have developed into the solenoglyphous​ fangs of the Viperid family. Long and tubular, they are designed to hold prey in place while delivering deep wounds. They are hollow and designed for maximum potency in envenomation. When not in use, they fold back into the roof of her mouth.

The venom acts as a typical hemotoxin, targeting and spreading through the bloodstream and muscle tissues. The speed of this is dependent on the point of injection, e.g. it would work quicker on the thigh than, say, the forearm.

Should a pae think to do so, this venom can be collected and stored for short periods of time, not to exceed a day (hot temp), week (room temp), or month (freezing temp). The glow will fade as the efficacy does, and the venom should be promptly discarded at this point.

Weakness: She has a very set amount of venom that can be injected at a given time and must regenerate it over time. Until she becomes better at control, each bite will release the entirety of her stores. As there are limited opportunities for her to practice, this is likely to stay the same for some time.

Her fangs regularly shed every couple of months, during which time she (obviously) cannot use her ability. Since her canines must be folded back during everyday life, it makes it more difficult to rip and chew food, particularly tougher meats.

At this time, envenomation does not preclude a pae or creature from becoming tainted again - it's basically an antidote (+ delivery system), not a vaccine. She is also not immune to the effects of taint (unless staff would like to let her be), just highly resistant. She cannot self-envenomate to any significant effect.

Link to most recent completed RP:[x]

Guardian_Iris
Captain

DaemonGabrielle

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:35 pm
Pae'il Name: Brennevin
Power Category: (include the number and category smile wild soul
Chosen Power Name: Polar Bear Rak
Power Description: Brennevin is bonded with the polar bear. Giving him extra layer of fur for protection against frigid temps. The outer layer of fur has given him an ability to camouflage himself with "Guard hairs", by refracting and reflecting light and that can make him almost invisible in bright sunny locations. He also has fur between the pads of his feet and a different texture to that padding which make his tread silent to all but those with super hearing. He also able to traverse and navigate icey, snowey terrain really well thanks to his massive claws. His fingers and toes are webbed, making him an excellent swimmer.
Weakness: (include limitations, "kryptonite" if applicable, and energy requirements) as mentioned above. He's extremely suited to frigid temps, so when he's in warmer climates, he struggles to maintain living without overheating. His "guard hairs" only work in really sunny locations. Brennevin has to be completely still for them to reflect the light perfectly enough for him to "dissapear". In the dark, theres no light to refract and fragment, so that skill is useless. His silent tread can be heard by those with enhanced hearing skills. Brennevin has to eat a diet rich in animal fat/meat. He cannot survive being a vegetarian.
Link to most recent completed RP: Montagne moutain day in the discord

:[ Role-Play Information ]: ~ Basic RP Info & RP/Plot Requests

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces