Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Friendly Debate
Religious Debate-- Christianity vs Islam-- First Debate-- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Next Topic to Recommend
  Can God have a Son?--The Trinity
  Is there more than one way to Heaven?
  Are Mormons Christians?
  What views are on the End of Times?
View Results

Doitsu Rutovihhi

Romantic Businessman

6,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:10 am
Rednal
I believe what Khalid is referencing here is the idea that true "Islam" is "Submission to the Will of God" (or thereabouts). Ergo, those who follow God follow Islam, and in this sense the word should be considered distinct from the idea of Islam as a particular monotheistic religion largely practiced in the Middle Eastern/African/Asian area. Sort of how somebody can behave in a positive and "Godly" manner even if they're not Christian simply by doing good things.

Whether or not Islam is submission, is not my right to judge. However, I can honestly say that not all who are submissive to god, are followers of the Islamic faith. Using the two words interchangably would not be a good idea...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:09 am
jix-kun
Rednal
I believe what Khalid is referencing here is the idea that true "Islam" is "Submission to the Will of God" (or thereabouts). Ergo, those who follow God follow Islam, and in this sense the word should be considered distinct from the idea of Islam as a particular monotheistic religion largely practiced in the Middle Eastern/African/Asian area. Sort of how somebody can behave in a positive and "Godly" manner even if they're not Christian simply by doing good things.

Whether or not Islam is submission, is not my right to judge. However, I can honestly say that not all who are submissive to god, are followers of the Islamic faith. Using the two words interchangably would not be a good idea...

"Say: 'O People of the Book (i.e., Jews and Christians)! Come to common terms as between us and you: That we worship none but Allah; that we associate no partners with Him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than Allah.' If then they turn back, say ye: 'Bear witness that we (at least) are Muslims (bowing to Allah's Will).' (The Noble Quran, 3:64)"

Islamic Teacher

Islamic Teacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:52 am
Let's start the next Debate
What should the topic be?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:05 pm
...Rights to territories and locations in the Jerusalem/Israel/Palestine region between the different faiths?  

Rednal

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Islamic Teacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:28 pm
Rednal
...Rights to territories and locations in the Jerusalem/Israel/Palestine region between the different faiths?

Thats all Politics we need a Religious topic  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:09 pm
...Whether or not submission to the will of God is really the best thing for a follower of God to do? The existence and purpose of spiritual entities (angels, etc.), and the differences in faiths when it comes to these things? Specific differences in faiths and unexpected similarities?  

Rednal

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

CherieBunnie

Sugary Hourglass

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:11 pm
islamic teacher

What does the quran say about taqiyya? Please share all verses.  
Friendly Debate

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff