Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:17 am
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Okay so I just broke a new ice tray my parents had got for a dollar someplace. They brought it like two months ago or maybe three and today when I was trying to get the ice out I broke it. It's a ice tray that is plastic and clear and has purple little rubber things at the bottom so instead of like twisting the tray all around, you just push upon the pruple things at the bottom and it comes out.

Only for me it was a bit hard because they didn't come out so I was twisting it all around and ended up breaking it.

It's not the first kitchen thing that has broken but it is the first one I have broken by accident and so with my tiny bit of gas and dollar ninety four I went to all these stores trying to one but no luck. I went to all of the dollar stores and Target. Not Walmart because I was sure when mom had first got it, the store was not a Walmart bag so I didn't bother to go there.

Still had no luck but I am running out of gas so I came home.

I mean I am sure they are not going to get so mad since we still do have one left. But I guess I want to feel like I at least tried to make an effort into fixing what happened.

And when it broke I felt like I had gotten into a car accident. Don't ask. I rather break a tray than deal with another car accident but still though I feel a bit uneasy about this. I know they are just going to shrug it off but I don't know.

But my tea is cool now. I didn't put ice in it but by the time I home it wax cold. Irony huh?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:46 am
Have you told them you broke it yet? I'm sure they'll realize it was just an accident and not be mad like you said. Obviously yeah, it's just an ice tray, it can be replaced easily, nothing to really even scoff at. I think maybe you should have told them when you did it (if you could, I understand it they don't have phones or don't answer them) and then asked where your mom bought it so you could pick another one up. It sucks to have wasted all that gas and you couldn't find one anywhere. :c I'm sure it'll be fine though, no reason to fret over something you didn't mean to break, especially since it's not like you broke both of them. xD

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:48 am
Yokies
Have you told them you broke it yet? I'm sure they'll realize it was just an accident and not be mad like you said. Obviously yeah, it's just an ice tray, it can be replaced easily, nothing to really even scoff at. I think maybe you should have told them when you did it (if you could, I understand it they don't have phones or don't answer them) and then asked where your mom bought it so you could pick another one up. It sucks to have wasted all that gas and you couldn't find one anywhere. :c I'm sure it'll be fine though, no reason to fret over something you didn't mean to break, especially since it's not like you broke both of them. xD

User Image

They went to church and haven't gotten back yet so no I haven't told them. I would call, but I don't want to be rude and interrupt the service, chances are they didn't turn off their phones.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:53 am
little aishi chan

Oh I see. D: Yeah, it'd probably be best to wait until they get home then, it's always really awkward to have your phone go off in the middle of something like that haha. I suppose just tell them upfront you broke it and want to help replace it, either by asking where your mom got it or just give them the money so they can pick one up later. That way you'll definitely show you want to fix what happened. I know I wouldn't get mad at you if you did that (though I wouldn't get mad in the first place but yeah haha).

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:00 pm
Yokies
little aishi chan

Oh I see. D: Yeah, it'd probably be best to wait until they get home then, it's always really awkward to have your phone go off in the middle of something like that haha. I suppose just tell them upfront you broke it and want to help replace it, either by asking where your mom got it or just give them the money so they can pick one up later. That way you'll definitely show you want to fix what happened. I know I wouldn't get mad at you if you did that (though I wouldn't get mad in the first place but yeah haha).

User Image

It was only a dollar which is all I have..well six cents away from two bucks even. But they are home now and I;m kind of nervous about bringing it up. emotion_facepalm But I can ask and see what she says.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:04 pm
little aishi chan

Don't worry, I'd be nervous too. You still broke something, so that alone would give anyone the jitters when trying to "come clean" haha. Maybe just start off the conversation with just asking where they got them from, and then go from there?

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:08 pm
Yokies
little aishi chan

Don't worry, I'd be nervous too. You still broke something, so that alone would give anyone the jitters when trying to "come clean" haha. Maybe just start off the conversation with just asking where they got them from, and then go from there?

User Image

That's what I was thinking since it doesn't say on the other ice tray.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:10 pm
little aishi chan

Aw that's too bad, that would have been a nice way to get around that conversation. xD

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:23 pm
Yokies
little aishi chan

Aw that's too bad, that would have been a nice way to get around that conversation. xD

User Image

Part of me just wants to wait until they find out. I think I might tell them later today since they just got back.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:28 pm
little aishi chan

Hm. Well I think that runs the risk of them being more upset by the fact that you didn't just tell them. You know, people getting mad that you'd wait until they noticed instead of just saying you did it. I understand why you would though, but it doesn't always end well. D8 Though waiting until they've settled in and relaxed might be a good idea.

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:30 pm
Yokies
little aishi chan

Hm. Well I think that runs the risk of them being more upset by the fact that you didn't just tell them. You know, people getting mad that you'd wait until they noticed instead of just saying you did it. I understand why you would though, but it doesn't always end well. D8 Though waiting until they've settled in and relaxed might be a good idea.

User Image

You got a point. I think I'll just tell them in a few minutes then.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:55 pm
little aishi chan

I hope it goes well! c:

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
07. ✿ - - - Chatterbox [COME SPAM!]

Manage Your Items