Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Contests
**Picture Contest XIII**

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:47 am
User Image
What do we see here? What significance does this event have to the world, and to us as believers?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:02 am
I believe the cube like city coming down is in reference to Revelation 21:2, John see's in a vision a new Jerusalem falling down from Heaven like a bride adorned for her husband.

Hey Garland if I'm right, pass the money off to the next person who chimes in. I think I have gotten enough Gold. smile Thanks.  

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:37 am
Hamul
I believe the cube like city coming down is in reference to Revelation 21:2, John see's in a vision a new Jerusalem falling down from Heaven like a bride adorned for her husband.

Hey Garland if I'm right, pass the money off to the next person who chimes in. I think I have gotten enough Gold. smile Thanks.

Will do brother! smile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:48 am
Looks like the Kabba to Me

User Image  

Islamic Teacher

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:51 am
Khalid Ibn Walid
Looks like the Kabba to Me

User Image

It is not. ^^ Its size is tremendously much bigger.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:19 pm
Yeah, like the size of the entire continent of Australia. But cubed. Talk about throwing the Earth off balance, haha!

PS. It's the New Jerusalem descending to the New Earth (I personally think that the New Earth will be tremendously bigger than the current one, but I put no real weight on that. It wouldn't be impossible for God to put the gigantic New Jerusalem onto the current earth without consequence. He's God.)  

The Pollen Shed

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:34 am
The Pollen Shed
Yeah, like the size of the entire continent of Australia. But cubed. Talk about throwing the Earth off balance, haha!

PS. It's the New Jerusalem descending to the New Earth (I personally think that the New Earth will be tremendously bigger than the current one, but I put no real weight on that. It wouldn't be impossible for God to put the gigantic New Jerusalem onto the current earth without consequence. He's God.)

Haha! I tend to think of it that way too. From what I gather the walls will be so large/tall, that you will be able to see it from space. Some of the things describing New Jerusalem are fantastic. Giant gate made of an enormous pear is on of them. How ever big it will be it will be like no other city.

Congrats on getting the question right!
A small reward is coming your way.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:10 am
Garland-Green
The Pollen Shed

Haha! I tend to think of it that way too. From what I gather the walls will be so large/tall, that you will be able to see it from space. Some of the things describing New Jerusalem are fantastic. Giant gate made of an enormous pear is on of them. How ever big it will be it will be like no other city.

Congrats on getting the question right!
A small reward is coming your way.

Thanks! Love the suit. Yeah, the walls are 12 000 stadia in every direction, which roughly translates to 1400 miles (or 2200 km), and they're 200 feet thick. In perspective, the International Space Station (orbiting at 340km) would be as high as the second foundation of twelve. Crazy!  

The Pollen Shed

Contests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff