Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Questions & Answers
Intimacy and the Bible? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

apiyo

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:27 pm
I've found a few passages about what the Bible says about sex out of marriage.

I Corinthians 6:18-20
"Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body."

2 Timothy 2: 22
Shun youthful lusts and flee from them, and aim at and pursue righteousness (all that is virtuous and good, right living, conformity to the will of God in thought, word, and deed); [and aim at and pursue] faith, love, [and] peace (harmony and concord with others) in fellowship with all [Christians], who call upon the Lord out of a pure heart.

And the bible talks about fornication in a blatant negative manner in Matthew 15:19, Romans 1:29, Ephesians 5:3, and others were sexual impurity is listed next to lying and killing. Not to be fire-and-brim stoney, but the Bible doesn't paint a good picture of pre-marital sex. Just because something feels good doesn't make it ok, and all unpleasant feelingas aren't bad. Fear isn't from God like Rednal said, but there is a such thing as conviction, which is healthy because it shows us where we fell and need to go to God with it.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:07 pm
BrightEyesWillFly
I know many Christians say it's wrong, unethical, and any sexual activity is usually considered vulgar.

Actually no. Sexual activity is considered one of the goods of marriage. In a podcast I regularly listen to, a Catholic priest said that a bunch of old celibates have no place telling married couples that they cannot enjoy sex. rofl

As for the before marriage part, I think you're going to find that all denominations of Christianity are in agreement that it's a no-no. I mostly wanted to reply [even though this thread is old] to say that after you are married, it's okay to not view sex as some horrible dirty and vulgar thing.  

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Aporeia

Shameless Mystic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:18 pm
God comes first, not your husband, boyfriend, whatever. Not even children. God comes first. If that isn't happening, then you have a problem. That's all I'll say on the matter.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:49 pm
Sex is beautiful when done right. heart  

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500
Questions & Answers

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff