Submit

Fatelin

Taken Kitten

10,675 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:20 pm
Okay for a long time now I have been having issues. I can not get over this old boyfriend and I don't know why! I am with someone else now and its lasted a year and a half, and we are engaged, but still this old flame keeps popping up in my memories. It drives me nuts.

So, my question is how do you get over someone?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:37 pm
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Do you still have feelings for him or something? Did it end in a bad breakup or a mutual one? Maybe you should go talk to him if you two still keep in contact and if not then I don't know really.

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Marnomy

Pure-hearted Pumpkin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:40 pm
Listen: it's been over a year, and if you're still thinking about your ex-boyfriend then maybe you shouldn't be engaged to someone so soon.

Face the music: you already chose to move on by beginning a (very serious, if you are engaged) relationship with another person, and your ex has probably moved on as well.

It's not wrong to think about your ex. The memories you shared will always be fond and you'll miss that feeling you had very dearly, but you have to understand that that romance has ended.

Instead, you should focus on making newer, and even fonder memories with your current partner.

When I want to get over someone, I find myself another person to go gaga over, and make as much new memories with them as possible.

In my current relationship of a little over one year, I find myself thinking about past romances—I smile, laugh a little, feel very wistful; then I snap back into reality and go back to my boyfriend.

I know it's not that simple getting over someone, but the best way is to let time take its course. Over time, you'll forget about your ex and focus more on the current people in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:41 pm
it was a bad break up. he went into the military and stopped caring about me moving on like I was yesterday's news. In all honesty I need a final confrontation for closure, but he won't even give me that so I try to move on ignoring my mind, but sometimes thoughts creep on me  

Fatelin

Taken Kitten

10,675 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Grunnyland Expert 250

Fatelin

Taken Kitten

10,675 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:44 pm
Marnomy
Listen: it's been over a year, and if you're still thinking about your ex-boyfriend then maybe you shouldn't be engaged to someone so soon.

Face the music: you already chose to move on by beginning a (very serious, if you are engaged) relationship with another person, and your ex has probably moved on as well.

It's not wrong to think about your ex. The memories you shared will always be fond and you'll miss that feeling you had very dearly, but you have to understand that that romance has ended.

Instead, you should focus on making newer, and even fonder memories with your current partner.

When I want to get over someone, I find myself another person to go gaga over, and make as much new memories with them as possible.

In my current relationship of a little over one year, I find myself thinking about past romances—I smile, laugh a little, feel very wistful; then I snap back into reality and go back to my boyfriend.

I know it's not that simple getting over someone, but the best way is to let time take its course. Over time, you'll forget about your ex and focus more on the current people in your life.

Thanks that does help a little.  
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff