View Results

La Bijou

Swashbuckling Wench

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:04 pm
When dating?
WTF?
[x]  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:45 pm
Good grief! You don't go around talking about that stuff on basically any date, nor does it have anything to do directly with dating in general, period! People can really be stupid. I say leave that kind of stuff out of dating completely! They just don't mix! Credit scores shouldn't matter when dating, you're focusing on each other and getting to know the other person in general, not talking about financial business stuff! Dating is NOT financial business, period! emotion_facepalm  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

cool4

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:00 am
If you see dating as an investment in the future, you want to know what your future could be like, and so for serious long term couples talking about a credit score may come in, especially if you're considering joint financials...ect, For short term dating where you are just starting out and just getting to know the person it shouldn't be a huge deal because all your finances should remain separate.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:15 pm
Woa... I mean, I think that if you're talking to someone on your first date and that person is perfectly perfect to you, then why the hell would you bring up something as cold and impersonal as a credit score??

At least save that question for later, when you've gotten to know each other better and want to think about something a little more long-term.

On the one hand, I guess one could see it as better to get it out of the way right away, considering you might not want to deal with the drama the question might bring later on, when you're super attached but still don't want to deal with it... on the other hand, maybe it's just your personality.

Some people value money more than love (which is dumb, but people like this exist). If it were me, I'd just feel extremely awkward, considering I have no credit score at all :/

Pixel Digits

Bashful Lunatic

9,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Call Me Nefret

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:16 pm
An icy wind may flush the cheeks....

Ice and snow may chill the skin...

But a cruel word will freeze the heart.

The first date should be about making a connection. Save the long-term stuff for after the relationship has actually begun.

Randomness is a Virtue!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games