Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 15. ✿ - - - Polls And Questions
~ranting~ what happened to guys being gentlemen?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

is it to much to ask for?
no way
85%
 85%  [ 12 ]
a little too much
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

lana_unlucky

Ruthless Cutie-Pie

23,675 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:28 pm
im all for equality, but i just want to know when it became okay for guys to be so rude!! they should be gentlemen!! i dont mean putting their coat down and helping you across a puddle. just simple things like giving up their seat to a woman or an elderly person on the bus, holding the door open for the person behind them, and offering help if they see someone struggling to do something. its simply being considerate of others!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:47 pm
Honestly, I feel like everyone should be like that, not just guys.. but it's a rare trait, not everyone has it or is willing to try.

About the seat thing though, I think that a woman is just as capable of standing as a man so there is no reason for him to give up his seat for her (unless she is ill or pregnant).  

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50

lana_unlucky

Ruthless Cutie-Pie

23,675 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:59 pm
ll-Frantic-ll
Honestly, I feel like everyone should be like that, not just guys.. but it's a rare trait, not everyone has it or is willing to try.

About the seat thing though, I think that a woman is just as capable of standing as a man so there is no reason for him to give up his seat for her (unless she is ill or pregnant).

ive noticed that women are more willing to do these things than men are.

and the bus thing was because i was on the bus a few days ago and all the seats were taken (mostly by men), and a woman that was standing fell when the bus made a quick stop. nobody helped her or offered her a seat, so i ended up giving her mine. what really made me mad though was that some of the men on there were laugh at her because she fell. that was just horrible and totally rude!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:12 am
I do a lot of those things myself, especially the seat thing and holding the door.
It's sad to hear what happened with those guys on the bus though ):

People in general are losing those polite traits that I find so, so important.

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:11 pm
People are to caught up with themselves these days that they can't seem to notice or care about what's going on outside of their own egocentric lives....  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:21 pm
        I can understand where you are coming from. But as much as it breaks my heart, morals like that are quite rare to come across nowadays.
        Sure I will happily admit that I have met some lovely people who actually have the time of day to share a generous smile and help another out, but like I said, it's rare.

Clasela
Crew

Evataph

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:57 pm
Those are things everyone should do.

I always feel uncomfortable when they want to pay all the expenses on a date though. I guess they see it as "chivalrous" or taking due responsibility, but I often feel like I've just mooched off them at the end.  
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 2:12 am
My boyfriend is a Gentlemen to me

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
15. ✿ - - - Polls And Questions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash