Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
This needs to be talked about.....NOW

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow Ra Warrior

Unbeatable Tycoon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:14 pm
As usual, me and my mother have different takes on G.L.B.T.Q. rights/lifestyle, etc. and what not but the one thing I keep thinking about is a serious discussion about Religion and Sexuality. This is where I tread waters because I look at both sides. What's your opinion?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:24 pm
Ok, I'm gay and I'm also Roman Catholic. I've talked to a priest before and this is what he told me. The bible never said anything about hating or bashing gays in any way. The act of being gay is not a sin as much as it is the act of the sex. But Gay sex is same sin base as sex between two straight people out of wedlock or sex between a straight couple in the second marriage (previously divorced). In my own thoughts, if everything is was supposively made by God, then was it not God who made me? referring me being gay. I would not place 100% faith in a book written by humans over 2000 years. So my beliefs are my own. So never let main stream religion alter you.  

xXHazukashiiXx

5,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:50 pm
Hmm. This is an incredibly broad subject.

I was raised in a religious family, but I no longer identify as a religious person. While I am critical of certain movements that are generally associated with various religious factions, I'm not anti-religion. (Neither is this guild, I should add; we've had to warn users in the past because they mistakenly thought that a GSA was a good place to insult and belittle others simply for belonging to a particular religion or denomination.)

I don't see why sexuality and faith can't coexist; in fact, there are a number of members of the guild, both LGBT and straight allies, who are religious. It's encouraging, and I do hope that their voices will eventually be louder than those who use their religion as an excuse for bigotry.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:26 am
Taeryyn
Hmm. This is an incredibly broad subject.

I was raised in a religious family, but I no longer identify as a religious person. While I am critical of certain movements that are generally associated with various religious factions, I'm not anti-religion. (Neither is this guild, I should add; we've had to warn users in the past because they mistakenly thought that a GSA was a good place to insult and belittle others simply for belonging to a particular religion or denomination.)

I don't see why sexuality and faith can't coexist; in fact, there are a number of members of the guild, both LGBT and straight allies, who are religious. It's encouraging, and I do hope that their voices will eventually be louder than those who use their religion as an excuse for bigotry.

It seems like your point and xXHazukashiiXx goes hand in hand; Thank you for your time. mrgreen  

Shadow Ra Warrior

Unbeatable Tycoon

Off-Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces