No more Yahoo chat ;_; Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HimeFiveCents

Overcharged Smoker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:49 pm
So I just found this out that they shut down the Yahoo Chatrooms. cry I used to be on there ALL the time and then was off for a while then today I downloaded the Messenger again cus I felt like going back on and chatting with random weirdos but... nope. Its shut down! scream  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:10 pm
I liked that messenger.
Then my computer got a virus and someone hacked it.
It was nice though, I'm too lazy to go redownload it or go find a new messenger though.  

PSM Guild Mule

Kitten Rose73

Friendly Bachelorette

8,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:17 pm
Dagera
So I just found this out that they shut down the Yahoo Chatrooms. cry I used to be on there ALL the time and then was off for a while then today I downloaded the Messenger again cus I felt like going back on and chatting with random weirdos but... nope. Its shut down! scream
yeah i used to do the same thing but they closed it down and dont know if they will bring it back  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:25 pm
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I didn't know they had chat rooms though. I like messenger better. You get to chose the IMviroments and play games. It sucks that they took some of the games off though.

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

HimeFiveCents

Overcharged Smoker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:51 pm
Subliminal Aftermath
I liked that messenger.
Then my computer got a virus and someone hacked it.
It was nice though, I'm too lazy to go redownload it or go find a new messenger though.

ladyJenn73

I heard part of why they took away the chatrooms is because they were having problems with that. People abusing it. And yeah I remember there were some jerks who would lurk just to do stuff like that... but it wasn't that often, at least it didn't seem like it for me, hm, maybe I was just lucky... neutral

little aishi chan

Yeah I used to go into the chat for hours and find ppl to IM and play games with. I liked the one where you could draw! rofl Is that still there?

I dunno though..., without the chatrooms I'm not sure if I even want messenger, chatrooms was what I liked about it the most. Kinda felt like I downloaded it for nuffin' emo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:59 pm
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The doodle? Yep, they still have that. I like the tic tak toe and the dots.

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:01 am
User Image User Image

I never knew they had chat rooms.
      But yeah, I liked the enviro thing for the messenger. I remember changing the enviro for every person, as well as my posting style rofl

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:20 am
I honestly had no idea they had chat rooms.
Though it does sound sad that they closed them down.
Maybe they just had a really good reason for it haha.

I believe the Yahoo Messenger was the first one I ever used.
But once I found Windows Live I never went back haha.

Though nowadays I don't use any IM. I actually prefer forum/comment/mail based things now haha.

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500

ChiffaniChan

Aged Gaian

8,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:08 am
I remember they had yahoo chat room because I use to use them to chat with people while I was in high school and middle school. It was full of perves and spam so I'm surprised that they didn't rid of sooner.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:47 pm
I remember those, it was pretty fun to roleplay in them. I remember using Cheetachat which was an extra sort've messenger that extended into Yahoo messenger. Sad that they got rid of it.

They're gonna get rid of MSN messenger too this year. Seems to be that they really want us using skype. :/  

KaryuunoSamurai

Celestial Guardian

60,975 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Budding Witch 250

Mother Molly

Destitute Faun

34,240 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Budding Witch 250
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:57 am
I stopped using Yahoo Messenger after I started with MSN, but I forgot how fun it actually was. It had the best emoticons and the games were awesome. Ah, nostalgia.
I have less fond memories of the chatrooms, though. My friend was always using it after midnight and came across the weirdest people. It still makes me a little sad that they've shut them down.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:10 am
Wow. After all this time they are finally shutting them down? That's crazy. I remember when I was younger and going into yahoo chat rooms. Oh nostalgia.  

jeanquelinda

Heart Phantom

10,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Wintersday Bard 50

L4uren

Tipsy Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:43 am
Yahoo Chatrooms, Girlsense.com, faketown.com, and playdo.com were like my favorite mildly inappropriate websites when I was younger.

They've all been shut down and it makes me so sad. I especially miss Playdo. (Does anyone remember that site? It's been at least 7 years since it shut down. It looked like this.)

I'm getting off topic now.. but ugh, I just feel like all my childhood websites are disappearing one at a time ;__;

At least Gaia's been here for me since 2008 emotion_awesome

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:21 pm
L4uren
Yahoo Chatrooms, Girlsense.com, faketown.com, and playdo.com were like my favorite mildly inappropriate websites when I was younger.

They've all been shut down and it makes me so sad. I especially miss Playdo. (Does anyone remember that site? It's been at least 7 years since it shut down. It looked like this.)

I'm getting off topic now.. but ugh, I just feel like all my childhood websites are disappearing one at a time ;__;

At least Gaia's been here for me since 2008 emotion_awesome

Girlsense sounds familiar but I don't really remember if I went there. I know what you mean about websites disappearing. Do you, or does anyone, remember a site called Bolt.com? It was sooo fun back in the day! Its still around (Bolt3.com)but its lame and boring now which really sucks... I met so many awesome people on there. I wish I had known about Gaia after it went under.

Hehe sweatdrop but yeah the Yahoo Chatrooms harbored less than respectable people. I had a long ignore list! Usually pervs who wouldn't stop trying to show me a cam of their one-eyed wonder weasel. Like, "no thanks., dudes I'm 12" but sometimes that would only get them trying harder. There were some creepy emotion_jawdrop private chat rooms too! I checked out a few out of pure morbid curiosity and erm YUCK! Fricking gross old men. But they got rid of those a long time ago. Maybe it is better its gone completely now lol
It does seem to be all about Skype and video chat now... Personally I'm not much for cam2cam :-p I like good old fashion typing. (man that makes me feel old) I was just never much for being on video. Pictures maybe but video always makes me self-conscience.

Now I'm off topic 4laugh Oh well, asta la taco yahoo chat and various other formerly cool sites!

HimeFiveCents

Overcharged Smoker

lunaofmars

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:56 pm
eek no way...... they closed yahoo chat??????? That's where i met my hubby over 15 years ago in the music chats. great memories...awww...  
It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff