Submit

Serah of Silence

Shy Guildswoman

7,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:17 pm
I generally modify clothes I buy, though I have made a shirt before that I wore. Modifying lets me make my clothes mine, and I have gotten Kit to draw one here and there, though she has yet to publish them. What do you all do? Underwear and bras do not count for this, though I give kudos to those that have made either before.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:16 pm
User Image

All three for me. I buy pants and some shirts. My mom modifies skirts and shirts that don't fit. And I design and my mom makes some outfits, mostly Lolita and cosplays. Yes, I've been known to wear cosplay outside of cons and Halloween. Mostly it's outfits that could pass for regular clothes.

Post style by PhallenPixie

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

xkamiko07x

Hygienic Cutie-Pie

22,950 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:07 pm
i currently buy and modify my clothes. as soon as i feel confident with my technical skills for making clothes (pattern making/draping/sewing) i would definitely be making my own clothes smile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:36 am
I buy new clothes, if my clothes don''t fit or get worn out. I know the basic form of sewing, but I just don't wanna take to time to do it. : o  

Sega Queen

Angelic Kitten

Freebie User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:20 am
I don't make my own clothes- yet.
I just buy them and when needed, my grandma will fix them up for me.
I hope to make my own clothes soon.
My grandma said she'll teach me all about sewing and knitting and other forms of fixing.
Hopefully I can make myself leggings that look nice.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:44 pm
I generally buy my own clothes, because I don't have the skill to do much else. However, I have a friend that makes/modifies clothes, and she often likes to make them for me if she needs someone to try a new design on. Makes me happy to have something original :3  

Lorem Corpus

Manly Shoujo

11,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:57 pm
User ImageUser Image

Well now that i know where a tailor shop is, I wouldn't mind buying long pants to have them better fit me. But honestly I don't have no interest in modifying some shirt for whatever reason. If I don't like it then I'm not buying it plain and simple. Though a plain basic shirt sure that would be different.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:38 pm
I don't modify or make my own clothes. But, I would love to make my own~ I haven't had the time to learn how to do it, with school and work, but I'm sure I'll get there eventually.  

And Another Thing

Sparkly Foe

9,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150

Kairi_Dimir

Gracious Friend

7,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:38 pm
I do all three. I really like making them from scratch, and changing things that I have bought all ready. ^-^  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:43 pm
i mostly just buy but i'm slowly leavning how to work a sewing machine so i can make them. the closest to modifying i do is often times cutting the neckline off of normal shirts because i feel like i'm being choked in them otherwise.....i do have patches for a denim vest though if that counts  

StrayKit

Sweet Peppermint Tea

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:13 pm
yum_tea I mostly buy my clothes and just keep them repaired with my modest sewing skills. I have modified things in the past with patches, paint, and distressing, though I admit that a lot of the paint modifications were happy accidents from my oil works. I also made my favorite summertime shirt out of what could possibly be the cutest non-black fabric ever printed, a chocolate jersey knit with cream-colored poppies and skulls. It's a low-cut, long tunic with drapery on the front that requires a camisole underneath, so it's not exactly everyday wear. I love it, though.  
04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games