Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Creeped out by your own parents

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OtherworldlyAlchemy

Married Lover

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:24 pm
Ok so I've been getting ready for a Anime convention here in CA and my mom pulled me aside and handed me a box of condoms. I mean why the hell would I have sex with a guy at a convention? I think sex with a man in my terms is nasty and I don't trust men because I've been hurt and betrayed by them. My mom doesn't get it that I don't like men in that way and I never will. It totally creeped me out that she had done that to me.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:26 pm
I think your perspective might be a little bit close-ended.

Your mother, while perhaps a bit misplaced with her intentions, had the best intentions.

The fact that your mother gave you a box of condoms means that she genuinely cares about your well being and is looking out for your best interest, whatever and whenever that might be.

My mother would never do such a thing. In fact, she'd be mortified to find me with a box of condoms.

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200

ForeverDreamWithinADream

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:53 am
Der Fluch des Pharao
I think your perspective might be a little bit close-ended.

Your mother, while perhaps a bit misplaced with her intentions, had the best intentions.

The fact that your mother gave you a box of condoms means that she genuinely cares about your well being and is looking out for your best interest, whatever and whenever that might be.

My mother would never do such a thing. In fact, she'd be mortified to find me with a box of condoms.

This. I think she really does mean well. My mom would have never done that for me, that's for sure. Even if she doesn't understand that you don't like men, you should be lucky that your mom even bothered to give you condoms and care for your well being when it comes to sex.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:21 am
i think that shows that your mother is a very understanding and open minded person, you should be thankful  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:20 am
Are you a woman? *is confused*  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:11 pm
Lady Kayura
Are you a woman? *is confused*

Ditto. Are you a woman whom your mother assumes is straight or a man whom your mother assumes is gay?
:/  

PeachPunk

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:16 pm
While I might find it awkward if my mother did something like that (we just don't have that kind of relationship), I would try and appreciate the intent. A lot of parents would never even acknowledge the fact that their child might be sexually active, let alone try and promote safer sex. She just doesn't want you to contract an STI. If you're female (I'm not quite clear from your post), I would also assume that your mother wouldn't want you to get knocked up. *shrug*  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:31 pm
It might be awkward but give her credit for trying smile  

serizael

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:12 pm
Taeryyn
While I might find it awkward if my mother did something like that (we just don't have that kind of relationship), I would try and appreciate the intent. A lot of parents would never even acknowledge the fact that their child might be sexually active, let alone try and promote safer sex. She just doesn't want you to contract an STI. If you're female (I'm not quite clear from your post), I would also assume that your mother wouldn't want you to get knocked up. *shrug*

This. Some STIs can be cured with a good round of antibiotics. And some you're stuck with for life. For life. Best to prevent that any way possible.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:33 pm
First of all I am female and I know it just creeped me out  

OtherworldlyAlchemy

Married Lover

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:16 pm
Hahaha, when I was on leave a couple weeks ago and I went to visit my girlfriend's house, my mother nearly kicked me out o the car when I told her I didn't have any condoms on me. I told her I knew that I wasn't going to see any action, so it seemed pointless to have them on me (My GF is Asexual, something that has sort of driven a wedge between us, but that's a different story.). She said "You never know what's going to happen, so we're going to get some." And sure enough, we stopped on the way and picked some up. Still didn't see any action, but I definitely felt better to have them.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:17 pm
Anyone to be easily lusted is weak-minded the way I see it.  

Alverus

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff