Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:45 pm
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

To know that I am putting in a two weeks notice when I got into work in a few hours just makes me really happy that I will be leaving a job properly because with my first job I just stopped showing up and then called twice and they said I was not on the schedule, but never directly told me that I was fired, they just removed me from the payroll.

but I didn't appreciate the job and I don't appreciate this one! Fast food sucks! i want retail! I can totally see myself doing that in as a side job while going to college! Standing there behind the resigter and when someone comes up with their stuff I would say:

Hi how are you doing? Did you find everything okay?

And then they would say whatever and then we would have a little chat. Or I would comment on one of the items if I have used it before and recommend something or whatever.

And my friend she did retailed at Micheal's and told me that you don't get just stand the register all day you do get called to get sweep the floors and such but I am okay with that as long as it is okay to stand around.

I'm not saying that I want to get paid to stand around but at the job I am in now, I only do the lobby and so it is just tables, floors, bathrooms and stocking the condiments. And when I am not doing that I am standing around in the kitchen and when I do find something to do in the kitchen my managers tell me to get back out in the lobby but complain that all I do is clean tables and stand around in the kitchen and never find anything to do.

I'm suppose to ask them what can I do if there is nothing to do but they are always busy serving customers and I personally feel like if I were trained decently then I wouldn't be standing around and could find things to do on my own. I don't know.

I just think retail would be a good fit for me. you stand behind your register until your manager tells you to go sweep. Or well I guess it also depends on what department you are in. I would like to be in a bakery or deli. I don't like fruit or produce but I could do that too if they tell me what to look for in a bad fruit.

So yeah I don't know how this two week notice is going to work. All I know is that i work for two weeks and then I am outta there! If all goes well in a few hours then I can put in the notice today and I guess next Saturday would be one week and then the 19th will be the second week and I can leave! Right? They don't count this Saturday as a week do they? The day I put in the notice?

I kind of hope not. Today is the last day for this pay period and we get paid next Friday and then for me I work next Saturday and the Saturday after that and for me it is a full paycheck since I only work two days out of a pay period- the main reason I am quitting.

YAY!!!! I should be in bed but I don't care for sleep for right now though I do want to listen to my music.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:40 pm
My piece of advice is to find yourself another job first before quitting that one. That way you still have a source of income.  

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:38 pm
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I already took that into consideration. But even the little income I get from this job is not enough to make me get out of bed every Saturdays and it doesn't stop me from calling in sick sometimes either. I have thought at least a month ahead. I'm suppose to get a FASA check next month and after that I don't know yet but that job is not worth it to me.

07. ✿ - - - Chatterbox [COME SPAM!]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games