Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
I think I need help.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Countervail

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:57 am
I think I might be in love or infatuated to someone.
I really cannot tell whether it is infatuation or love so let me give you guys a short flashback of my story.

It was during my friend's birthday, we(6 of us) went into a restaurant with a live band. It was raining hard that time that when we got inside the restaurant, we are soaked(fortunately, there's not a plenty of people that time).

So we went into the rest room to fix ourselves. There sitting near the rest room was this guy. At first, I did not feel his presence 'cause it is weak at that moment and I did not drew any attention to him. After fixing, we find ourselves a good spot. As time passes by, it is time to shift singers then, right at that moment I saw him walk to the stage. He was looking at everyone in the restaurant until our eyes met. I felt as if I just melted. Something in him captivates me. But I cannot tell what it is.

- fast forward -

We decided to go home around 10pm. But as we went home, I cannot stop thinking of him.
When I got home, I decided to go directly to sleep but I cannot. The thoughts of him is bombarding my mind. It is like he is tattooed there.

Minutes passed, still cannot sleep. Hours, and I think I am going crazy. I keep on visualizing his smile when he was singing. Until morning came and I still got no sleep. I feel so high.
I need help, how can I get this person out of my mind? T-T
I do not even know his name. And it is driving me nuts. Some thoughts telling me to go back to where I saw him but some thoughts tells me not to so that I can forget about him. I am really frustrated right now and exam is in a week. I cannot focus. :<  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:34 am
Well, since I don't believe in love at first sight, I really doubt you are in love with him, especially since the only thing you know about him is his appearance and possibly some of his behaviors from observation. How to stop thinking about him? Now that's a tough one. I kinda get the feeling that you are connecting this mystery man with maybe a desire to have someone special in your life, and since you met someone appealing, this desire is fresh in your mind. So realistically, I don't think you really need to stop thinking about him. Cherish the memory and try to figure out why you had so much interest in him. As far as going back to where you saw him at: if he is part of a band there is a possibility that he won't be back there for a while. But- this could also mean that he lives near the area.

I hope this helped a bit and good luck.

xXbelovedXxx

Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Countervail

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:23 am
xXbelovedXxx
Well, since I don't believe in love at first sight, I really doubt you are in love with him, especially since the only thing you know about him is his appearance and possibly some of his behaviors from observation. How to stop thinking about him? Now that's a tough one. I kinda get the feeling that you are connecting this mystery man with maybe a desire to have someone special in your life, and since you met someone appealing, this desire is fresh in your mind. So realistically, I don't think you really need to stop thinking about him. Cherish the memory and try to figure out why you had so much interest in him. As far as going back to where you saw him at: if he is part of a band there is a possibility that he won't be back there for a while. But- this could also mean that he lives near the area.

I hope this helped a bit and good luck.

Yep, you made a lot of sense. But I do not want this guy be someone special. It is just like, I want to be near him or something like that. But I am already having trouble sleeping when I think of him *yep, kinda corny* maybe if I won't stop thinking of him this will really become a problem for me. Maybe I will just have to keep myself really occupied everyday.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:45 pm
I always thought of infatuation as a suggestion by your subconscious.  

Katana left the site

Angelic Shade

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:36 pm
        kinda sounds like aesthetic attraction to me?

but it's your decision on what to call it at the end of the day.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:20 pm
Certainly seems like infatuation to me.

Chances are the feeling will dissipate since you neither know his name or a way of contacting him. You might not stop thinking about him for a while but the feelings will gradually dissolve.

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200

Alverus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:13 pm
Don't be a fool. You are not in love. You might have just thought he was attractive.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:22 pm
Well, I know that I for one am terrible at romance and relationships. I've washed my hands of that business much too long ago to be any help.  

XrosHeartless

Wrathful Shade

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces