Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Sermons
Lukewarm & Loving it

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SpiderEnema

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:14 pm
Francis Chan

If you haven't heard of Francis Chan, he's fantastic. I fully recommend him to anyone looking for a call to action pastor.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:36 am
I've seen some of his sermons before. He has a gift for explaining things simply where everyone can understand. Sigh~ Lukewarm people... I pray that anyone identifying themselves as a "Christian" receives revelation from YHWH about whether they are radical enough or sitting in lukewarmness. Lukewarm people don't want to exercise their faith at all; their comfortable lives rob them of all opportunity. The main concern being, "what's the least I can do to stay out of hell." Just sad... emotion_facepalm They're the ones who have a "form of godliness" but don't witness/display any real power of YHWH.

Quote:
2 Timothy 3:1-5 (NIV)

1 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:10 pm
IvanTheJanitor
Francis Chan

If you haven't heard of Francis Chan, he's fantastic. I fully recommend him to anyone looking for a call to action pastor.

Good video. I'll have to keep this in mind and heart. Don't want to lose the flame ><  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:35 am
This is really interesting, I used to be Lukewarm, what feels like long ago. How happy i am to have God.

Revelation 3:7-16
New King James Version (NKJV)
The Faithful Church

7 “And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write,

‘These things says He who is holy, He who is true, “He who has the key of David, He who opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens”:[a] 8 “I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it; for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name. 9 Indeed I will make those of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not, but lie—indeed I will make them come and worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you. 10 Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth. 11 Behold,[c] I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown. 12 He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.

13 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”’

The Lukewarm Church

14 “And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans[d] write,

‘These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God: 15 “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. 16 So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot,[e] I will vomit you out of My mouth.

911child

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
Sermons

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items