View Results

JamesWN

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:43 pm
This s**t is rediculous. ~$183 bucks for a used math book and it isn't even the newest edition... *slowly glances over to torrent sites* Tempting...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:38 pm
o-o; You have to be kidding me....  

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:10 pm
My used math book cost $117, but that's still better than $183. It's crazy  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:15 pm
Good grief! I thought just getting most of the supplies for a college art class was spendy, not to mention the tuition fee alone.  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Wakaji

Peculiar Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:28 pm
You looking on Amazon or Chegg for those? Might be cheaper if you just rent them for the semester. That's actually what I'm thinking of doing, just so I could cut down on the spending, especially since I still gotta get probably two more art kits. I'll be lucky if I can still use the same stuff that I did for previous classes. O:  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:37 pm
WHAT JIN SAID

There's this site http://www.directtextbook.com/ that lists companies that give you books for super cheap prices. A professor recommended it last semester.

However, I did order one book there that didn't come. So...anything's a gamble  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Wakaji

Peculiar Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:45 pm
Well, that sounds pretty shitty. Were you able to track your order though? Maybe you could've complained that you didn't get your book at all.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:47 pm
Yeah, it was through amazon and it said it had been shipped, but I never got it. My dad shot the user an email because it had an option for that....no reply. If it happens again, I guess I should complain.  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

nerdtasticallyfun

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:22 pm
My Spanish textbook was $110. Luckily I lurk around textbook sites until I find the book at a cheaper price. I typically rent my books.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:50 am
If any of you have one of those fan-dancy e-readers, or a smartphone with the Kindle app or an equivalent, you can always get your textbook as an ebook.
That's what I did for my Art History class (NOT paying two hundred dollars for a USED book...).
If you have a laptop that you can feasibly transport to and from classes, you can buy PDF versions via Amazon for cheap, too.
Most of the kids at the university I used to go to do one of the ebook options because even with Amazon, prices of the textbooks the professors want you to have are outrageous, and hardly any of them would allow us to use older editions, meaning we were forced into buying brand new, which isn't cheap in physical form no matter where you look...

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:55 am
Queen Spazzy
If any of you have one of those fan-dancy e-readers, or a smartphone with the Kindle app or an equivalent, you can always get your textbook as an ebook.
That's what I did for my Art History class (NOT paying two hundred dollars for a USED book...).
If you have a laptop that you can feasibly transport to and from classes, you can buy PDF versions via Amazon for cheap, too.
Most of the kids at the university I used to go to do one of the ebook options because even with Amazon, prices of the textbooks the professors want you to have are outrageous, and hardly any of them would allow us to use older editions, meaning we were forced into buying brand new, which isn't cheap in physical form no matter where you look...

Oh the ELOQUENCE....RAWR  
Randomness is a Virtue!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff