Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Shopping in the UK
Dispe Ding ChHoists ~ NPC Owned Business ~ London Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:18 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dispe Ding ChHoists is a coffee shop and bakery located in London.

xxxEmployeesxxx
Dominique Bellamy-Hallwyd
(( Head Baker ))

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:34 pm
                  User Image
                  D R A Y C E I R V I N E
                  xxxxxxxxpureblood---nine

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌
                  ╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌
                  ╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

It wasn't really safe to let a nine year old wander around. But, really, Drayce wasn't the ordinary nine year old: he was a wizard. Unlike wimpy little kids who get lost every time they get separated from their parents, Dray had ways to find his way back. Plus, he had been out here enough time to know the many twists and turns like the back of his hand (which, mind you, is very smooth). That, and his babysitter was with him.

Summer was now transitioning into autumn, though the leaves still remained green and crispy. His sister, Hydra, was now back at Hogwarts and his mother back at St. Mungo's Hospital like always, leaving him by himself (with a babysitter). It was boring, and only two more years until he could step through the bricks and onto Platform 9 3/4.

So he sat here, in this muggle coffee shop, drinking tea. He wanted cake, or maybe a croissant, but his babysitter wouldn't let him. So, tea.

Yeah.

Drayce would be asking left and right to leave this place, but he wouldn't, no: his victim was here. Well, this kid wasn't really his victim, but the neighbordhood bullies' target. At first, the nine year old was simply a witness of the torment, but he wanted to get involved, somehow, because dear Lord that kid must've felt miserable. Granted, this was only the fourth or fifth time Drayce has seen him, so he didn't know how well the kid could stand up for himself (it would be awkward for him to go in acting all "hero"-like to find him perfectly capable of kicking butt).

Still, as of now, the fishbone of a child gave him the pushover vibe.

Meaning Drayce now considered himself dutifully employed.

Grespeciatto

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:29 am
User Image

HenrikxXx Hallwyd

x. ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███
                                                  xx`◜ hikke˟↘ ᴛʜᴇO D D - ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴛᴀʟᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ
                                                  xx( ) THAT'S n- none - -AND IT'S STUCK TO MY NAME ↘↘
                                                  xxx I'VE GOT THINGS TO DO, PLACES TO SEE I'VE GOT THINGS TO DO PLACES TO SEE - DON'T TALK TO ME
                                                  xx▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ( I WANT NO TURN IN THIS GAME )

( feeling : crabby . ♔ . with : cafe - people . ♔ . at : dispe ding chhoists )
                                                        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxnine years . ↘ . adopted . ↘ . the real boss . ↘ . pureblood

- Saying that Henrik was currently on edge was probably the understatement of the whole Thor-damned century. Blowing a couple of stray locks from his face, the young brunette efficiently set down the tray of pastries he had brought from the kitchen on the counter, sliding open the display case door before using the pair of tongs to gently settle each one in their respective tray. It was nice━ everyone was cooperating today with regards to the shop━ nevermind that it was blatantly obvious why exactly everyone was being just so cooperative. Huffing once again, the youngest Hallwyd jabbed a blueberry danish a little more force than was strictly necessary onto the tray.

- It had been a day━ or, well, about a day or so, since the last remotely note-worthy incident had happened. It wasn't too serious, really, all he'd gotten were a few scrapes and bruises on his side and legs. Wasn't much for them to be worried at all. It had been going on for a while, he had to admit that much, and it wasn't that his family hadn't tried to do anything━ no one dared touch him this close to the shop, at least━ it was just that he was old enough now. He could handle these things, and he had told them so. Asked━ almost demanded it, really. They'd acquiesced, much to their chagrin, to respecting his wishes, though the minute things got out of hand, there would be no stopping their own brand of repercussions. At least there was that. Not the nicest of thoughts to be accompanying such nice food, he thought wryly as he placed the more delicate macarons on the lowest shelf, but then again, oh, there really wasn't anything else to occupy his mind other than the annoying subject, so the world would just have to shut up and deal with it.

- He was hard-pressed not to let out another scream once he'd gone round to the front to check on the utensil rack. He'd assigned Johnny to go put the cutlery in their places just this morning. Henrik narrowed his eyes. If there weren't currently customers, he would be halfway up to Johnny's Mars right now and screaming his head off. It was. One. Simple. Task. Idiot dad! Wiping down his hands, the green-eyed boy went to work sorting the spoons from the forks and the knives was fast and quietly as he could to get back to the kitchen on time to avoid the tray backlog before Marian decided that the only way to clear the counter and make space for more trays was to eat the cakes. There were eclairs there. He had to save the eclairs.

o o c : ramble here, b***h

Utsuha Moon

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:56 am
                  User Image
                  D R A Y C E I R V I N E
                  xxxxxxxxpureblood---nine

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

Drayce felt like a creepy, just sitting there watching this person run around the store. He was sure that if he was older, perhaps in the late teens or early adulthood, people would be asking him to leave the store or call the police or something. Muggles were paranoid like that.

Should he go up and talk to him? Make some type of conversation? But, honestly, who was he kidding? Drayce, a wizard, talking to a muggle. What was the merit of that? What happens when, curious muggles, wanted to go visit his house or ask where he lives, etc. He couldn't really explain that he lived in an apartment shoved between buildings or that he (more like his family) owned a thirty year old cat. Even at a young age, Drayce knew the importance of keeping the wizarding world a secret.

However, Drayce was a child, and as a child he should not worry about adults' problems.

His victim was now cleaning silverware and his babysitter enjoying her good book like always. So, he slide off his seat and tip-toed over to Henrik. "Hello," he greeted while tapping on the kid's shoulder.

[ooc; have short post]

Grespeciatto

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:19 am
User Image

HenrikxXx Hallwyd

xxx I'VE GOT THINGS TO DO, PLACES TO SEE I'VE GOT THINGS TO DO PLACES TO SEE - DON'T TALK TO ME

( feeling : panicky . ♔ . with : drayce . ♔ . at : dispe ding chhoists )

- It was the edge's fault, that he had been feeling so jumpy. All the stuff he went through really took a toll on one's level of paranoia, which meant he probably wasn't the best person to approach on my day. Of course, he could try and blame the whole incident on the fact that one should never disturb a person with cutlery, but that would be a terrible thing to do and it wasn't written in any stupid pamphlet at all, so there was no excuse.

- He hadn't meant to, honestly! It was just that tap and the voice-thing may or may not had caught him off - guard, and Henrik had ended up sort of stabbing the customer who had come up to him.

- Oh, God.

- Henrik was quick to pull back the now slightly bloody utensil with a horrified gasp of horror. He had just stabbed a customer. With a fork.

- "Oh, dear Lord, I'm so sorry!

- Scrambling around, the young Scandinavian rushed for a couple of paper napkins, shoving it as gently as possible on the now bleeding appendage of his unfortunate victim━ wow, he was like, his age━ before dragging him behind the counter in a sort of panicked tizzy. "━ I am so, so sorry━ you caught me off guard and, ah, goddammit, where is the stupid dittany, where the freaking even are the band - aids, oh Lord━ I am just, oh Lord, sosorry!"

o o c : I SUCK AT THESE SCENES HAVE MY SHORT CRAPPY POST

Utsuha Moon

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:42 am
                  User Image
                  D R A Y C E I R V I N E
                  xxxxxxxxpureblood---nine

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

You learn something new every day. For instance, two days ago, Drayce learned that coffee and tea don't mix very well. Yesterday, he learned that his cat's snore sounded like a dying car's frightened cry. Today, he learned that nine year olds should not handle silverware.

Now Drayce had four perfectly aligned, round holes in his hand.

"Oh, look, I've been impaled." This was no joking matter, because blood promptly started to ooze out. However, the kid in front of him was panicking as though he got stabbed in the eye or something. Granted, the wound looked like it'd hurt (and it did hurt). How was Drayce going to explain this little injury to his mother? The I-ran-into-a-door excuse wouldn't be applicable right now, unless he could prove that the door was equipped with forks ready to maim unsuspecting victims.

"Can you take a moment and breathe? It's not that bad." Yeah, tell that to the bleeding hand, kiddo.

[ooc; have s**t post]

Grespeciatto

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:09 pm
User Image

HenrikxXx Hallwyd

- Henrik let out a strangled noise. His hands stilled in their ruffling through the medicine cabinet to look disbelievingly (and more than a little horrified, really) at the possibly insane kid standing behind him. Dimly, he realized, maybe if he just squinted, he could make out some sort of actual normal - people reaction on the boy's face when one had just been stabbed in the hand with a fork.

- That was just more than a bit worrying.

- He didn't really think the other should be standing around there so calmly. Henrik had been expecting flailing. Lots of it. And possibly a temper tantrum. In a way, he was thankful for the current cool vibes the other brunette was displaying, but in return, did that mean his upcoming death? He sort of looked like the type who could be a psychopath. And he looked rich. Which was probably bad for him too. Managing to claw out a small bottle of Betadine and a few cotton balls━ he didn't know where the dittany went. No one knew where the hell the dittany went━ Henrik dragged the other boy to a small stool behind the place, sitting him down before getting to work.

- There really wasn't any way around it. Hopefully, he wouldn't be too dead tomorrow. Or later this day. The Hallwyd let out another incredulous look at the next few words to come out of the other's mouth, fingers pausing as they halted the slow dabbing of Betadine - soaked cotton balls on the neat row of punctures. They looked like they were going to hurt really bad come morning. "I just stabbed you. In the hand. With a fork. Why aren't you screaming yet?" To be honest, Hikke was probably just asking for a major jinx, but his mouth had a tendency to run off with itself after a while. More like 'all the time,' but, well. Also, it was a valid question, right? "Most people would be," he added, squinting slightly in suspicion as he went to rip off a bandaid from the box roll and carefully apply it to the punctures. Good, go with direct. Hopefully, he would be able to gather information before he met his untimely demise or something. Write it out in his blood with his dying breath or whatever. Pity, really. He had less intimidative power than a talking fishbone.

Utsuha Moon

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:23 pm
                  User Image
                  D R A Y C E I R V I N E
                  xxxxxxxxpureblood---nine

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

Good question. Why wasn't Drayce screaming from the pain or crying at the thought that his beautiful hand just got stabbed? As he watched and let the kid care for his wound, he thought on that. He had already established the fact that he wasn't like any normal children, but then he was also normal. He was a nine year old, living through life like any average child, and there was no reason to betray the natural instincts of clutching one's hand and roll around in agony.

"Do you want me to scream?" he asked. "I can scream pretty loudly if you want. You know, if it makes you feel better?" Drayce doubted the answer would be "yes".

Honestly, Drayce wanted to cry. Really badly. But he held back by biting down on the tip of his tongue and digging his non-stabbed hand into his back. He kept himself calm by thinking of something else, or joking about whatever that came to mind. The pain should dull in a matter of minutes, and making a scene at a public place won't look good on his resume or for the store (don't want to advertise its waiters/helpers stabbing innocent customers, right?). Also the fact that Drayce had accidentally maimed himself with quills countless times, so he was kinda sorta maybe used to it.

[ooc; have second s**t post]

Grespeciatto

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:22 pm
User Image

HenrikxXx Hallwyd

- Ah. Well. That question. He really didn't know what to think about that. In one hand, that would probably assure him that the kid in front of him wasn't a serial killer. On the other, things were going pretty well without the screaming. Decisions, decisions. "Ah. Umm, well, no. Not really." It was sadly the best he could get out at the moment with regards to that question, and seeing as his best at the moment consisted of 'painfully awkward' and 'wow, omg stupid,' Henrik decided it was in his best interests to just shut up and continue to work on the bandaid he was currently positioning to best cover up the Betadine - blotted skin.

- "Okay, there━ all done," the brunette sighed, gently patting down the band - aid upon the dressing's completion. It was a very nicely done dressing, if he did say so himself. "And, umm. I'm sorry, again, for stabbing you." Really, he should probably be more than sorry, and the other kid certainly had a right to stick numerous possibly deadly objects into his hand in retaliation, but hopefully he wasn't as mean as that. He totally didn't mean it.

- "If you're going to kill me," Henrik began very seriously, mentally mapping out his will and categorizing his so far limited possessions. "I only ask that it be quick."

- He paused.

- "And that I don't end up too much of a mess," he finally added after a bit of thought. "Blood stains are really difficult to get out of things." And they were. Hikke could remember the last time Blaise had cut himself and bled all over one of the chairs in the shop with liberal abandon. Ingrate. And Johnny wasn't any help at all, the stupid berk, he'd laughed himself silly for ten minutes straight. "I'm Henrik, by the way. Henrik Hallwyd." It was probably not the best thing to give one's potential murderer their name, especially since Marian said that names held meaning and all that, but it was good form, probably. It wouldn't do to be some rude ingrate before he died. He might not get into Valhalla. Oh, gods.

Utsuha Moon

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:29 pm
                  User Image
                  D R A Y C E I R V I N E
                  xxxxxxxxpureblood---nine

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

Words could not describe how wrong the words uttered by Henrick were. Drayce shoved his now-bandaged hand into his pants' pockets, feeling increasingly awkward. So, this little fishbone thought that he was a murderer? At the age of nine? He had got to be joking, right? Right?

But Drayce saw nothing that would hint so. What concerned him was that even as the kid was asking for a quicker death, he still thought about the people who would find his (possibly) mangled body. What happened to him? How much has he been tormented? Also, how in the world could a nine year old know that blood stains were hard to clean?

"Would a hammer to the head work for you?"

No. Bad Drayce. This was no joking matter.

"That was a joke, if you can't tell. The only thing I'm going to do to you is tell you my name." He needed to get his word choice in check. "I'm Drayce. Drayce Irvine."

[ooc; have third s**t post]

Grespeciatto

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150