Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Shopping in the UK
Shaftesbury Avenue ~ Street ~ London Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:01 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Shaftesbury Avenue is a major street in London that runs in a north-easterly direction from Piccadilly Circus to New Oxford Street, crossing Charing Cross Road at Cambridge Circus. Cinemas such as The Great Music could be found here, as well as shops like Dispe Ding ChHoists, Restaurant & Lucky bar, Sanyo and possibly Gherry Tree.

In her youth, Hermione Granger and her parents went to see the theatre in this avenue.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:46 am
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Kellan Loire

Cook of Three Broomsticks
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

I make them good girls go bad
I make them good girls go
Good girls go bad, good girls go bad...

Kellan walked out of his parent's apartment, holding Dani's hand, and out onto the street. He was positively beaming, if still a little sweaty. Kellan smiled at the girl and said, "So, which way should we go if we're heading to your house?" He fully intended to walk her home after what happened.

I know your type, you're daddy's little girl
Just take a bite
Let me shake up your world
'Cause just one night couldn't be so wrong
I'm gonna' make you lose control

Out Of Character: ...

XxXDevil_chan

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:14 am
User ImageUser Image 
The wasted years, the wasted youth. The pretty lies, the ugly truth. 
And the day has come where I have died. Only to find I’ve come alive

Dani couldn't get the soft smile off her face as she walked hand in hand with Kellan. Her boring day had turned into an eventful one, that was definite. She ran her free hand through her hair before pointing up the street. "That way." She said quietly, glancing at him with a smile. She continued to toy with her hair, hoping that when she got home Ry and Sage wouldn't be angry with her for randomly leaving. She knew they'd be angry if they found out what'd she been doing when she was supposed to be watching her little sisters, but if she had her way they would never find out.

Adolescence didn’t make sense. A little loss of innocence 
The ugly years of being a fool. Ain’t youth meant to be beautiful?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:24 am
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Kellan Loire

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Kellan smiled, a playful grin on his face as they started walking towards her place. He hoped they wouldn't run into his parents as they walked up the road, but once they had gotten away the building, his worry faded. Every couple seconds, he threw sidelong glances at the girl, watching her as she played with her hair. "Did you enjoy yourself?"

Just take a bite

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:35 am
User ImageUser Image 

Dani glanced at him as he spoke. "Hm?" She said, having been distracted by her thoughts. When what he had said registered in her mind she blushed and looked away from his eyes. "Yeah I did."She muttered, blushing harder and glancing back at him for a moment, her brown eyes meeting his distractingly blue blue eyes.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:54 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Kellan Loire

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Judging by her tone and the constant blushes, Kell could tell she was still being very shy. He cracked a smirk and knew he had a good one on the line. He'd enjoy their time together, however long or short that might be. "Are we close to your place?" he asked, turning to the girl. His icy blue eyes searched her browns, penetrating deep into her soul.

Just take a bite

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:40 pm
User ImageUser Image 

Dani could see him smirking at her and rolled her eyes self-conciously. Suddenly he was staring into her eyes, acting as if he was trying to stare straight into her soul, and she blinked awkwardly. Part of her wanted to look away, but the other part of her couldn't bring herself to break away from those haunting blue eyes. She swallowed as his question rang in her ears. "Uhh...." She paused, trying to think where they were. She blinked rapidly for a few seconds, trying to gain control of her thoughts. "It's just around the corner." She said, her thoughts trailing away again as she stared up into his eyes.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:22 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Kellan Loire

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

She seemed to be getting distant and detached. He needed to keep her on the line, since she was a good catch. So, he drew her into his arms and tipped her chin, kissing her lightly. "I don't want you to get in trouble, so we'll part ways here. Do you have a Muggle telephone number? Or another way I can contact you? I'm kind of a drifter over the summer and probably won't be at my parents. Best way to contact me is my Muggle cell phone." He smiled a disarming smile and her and kissed her softly again.

Just take a bite

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:54 pm
User ImageUser Image 

She smiled slightly as he kissed her again. Her slight smile turned into a grin and a shrug when he said he didn't want her to get in trouble. "I'm gonna get in trouble either way. I was supposed to be watching my little sisters today." She looked at him, distracted by his smile. She was supposed to be watching her sisters, but she was more than glad she had snuck out. If she hadn't been in a rebellious mood, she never would have met Kellan. She rolled her eyes at his question. "Of course I have a Muggle cell phone. I'm a tech geek remember?" She asked smiling as he kissed her again. His lips against hers was totally distracting her from the conversation they had been having only moments before. He was awfully distracting in general though. 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:32 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Kellan Loire

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Be a big softy and she'll be even more hooked, he thought to himself and nuzzled her face. "I think you'd get in more trouble if you showed up with a strange boy," he said, his voice dripping with sweetness. When she said she had a cell phone, he held out his hand for it. When she gave it to him, he entered his number into his phone and sent himself a text message. Then he handed it back. "Put myself under Kellan. You can text or call me anytime you need, or want, me."

Just take a bite

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:09 pm
User ImageUser Image 

Dani blinked in surprise as he nuzzled against her face, and even more surprise registered on her face when his voice came out sweet as can be. She shrugged at his comment but nodded in agreement. "Yeah angry... and shocked that I could ever even meet a guy let alone get him to walk me home." She handed him her phone when he held out a hand for it. When he returned it she blushed faintly at his words, her mind wandering to the events of the afternoon. She smiled and slid a step closer to him. "You can do the same." She whispered, meeting his distracting blue eyes with her own chocolate brown ones.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:31 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Kellan Loire

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

He smirked and ran his hand through his hair. "You'd best get going inside. Don't want to get in more trouble, right?" His smirk returned and he pulled her in for a kiss, a soft and romantic kiss on the lips. All to keep her on the line. Kellan glanced up the road and smiled to Dani again.

Just take a bite

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:18 am
User ImageUser Image 

Dani watched as a smirk formed on his lips as he spoke. She smiled and nodded her head in agreement, parting her lips to say something, but before she could speak, he was pulling her close and kissing her in the most romantic way possible. She giggled quietly as he pulled away from her and couldn't help but return his smile with one of her own. She quickly pressed her lips to his cheek in good-bye, before slipping away from him and disappearing around the corner and to the cramped apartment she called home.

OOC: *exit to Morris apartment*

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:41 pm
User Image

The brightening sky hinted at the oddest possibility of afternoon sunshine, a pleasant break from the dull drizzle. It was also a pleasant distraction from the gloom that hung over Catharine as she wove her way through the crowds of tourist and average working folks. She got a few odd looks, 11 years old's rarely wonder alone, but she knew she couldn't have gone with her mother. Her mother would have been no more pleased to have her out than the Coppers who was at last glance still following her causally from the station. Another glance over her should confirmed that the bloke was still there. Thankfully the note in her hand kept her from look too suspicious.

Neither of her mother, nor the Policeman, were going to stop her. No matter how often her mother's warnings and words whirled around her head, she wouldn't stop. She was so close. So close to understanding what made her special. For years her mother had told her that she'd explain, but hadn't. Looking back Catharine figured that if it hadn't been for the owl two months ago, she'd have never been told. Not that it would have taken her long to figure it out. A few months, maybe? A year at most if she didn't put in all her effort. Now she didn't have time to puzzle over the pieces, to put them together or for her mother to pick up her nerves to tell her. Which explained why she was skipping school today. Not that she wouldn't have skipped it normally, but today was a specific reason. Today was the day her mother's special seller came to the shop. He'd always been a weird bloke, dressed oddly with his odd bag and heavy coat. He came regularly though, every month around the same week. Every month on the third week, he'd leave her mother a load of new items and his address. Every third week, their flat smelled of burned paper. Before she'd have taken no interest in him or his oddity. Odd didn't mean interesting, but today...today he'd said something. She had overheard it. Now she was following him.

A very simple matter. Right up in till a few minutes ago. She had stepped out of the Underground to find him gone. Thankfully, she had snatched the paper with his address or at least she thought it was his address. Sadly Google maps hadn't been much help, neither had mapquest or any other search engine. This made a little sense, people who use owls for post weren't probably given to having their places up in the ads. Still there should have been some hints of it. Pausing at a corner, she glanced down at her sheet.

Quote:
Leaky Cauldron Pub
Room 15
Charing Cross Road

It was something which was, in her opinion, better than nothing. That was all that kept her moving, that and the chance the sun was going to come out. Which was definitely better than searching in the rain. She looked up at the street sign, then turned on to Charing Cross Road.  

StudiousDemoness

Intellectual Shapeshifter

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Wall Street 200

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:40 pm
User Image
*~Claire Alexandrie~*

Unsorted * Future First Year * Halfblood

The muggle world was so odd, so...mundane from the wizarding world she was used to.
Then again her father made it seem like it was wonderful, so far she didn't see much good about it.

...Claire also wasn't supposed to be wondering about, especially so far from home.
She had successfully sneaked out when her father had taken his nap and took a bit of floo powder and vanished from the fireplace.
It was too simple to get out sometimes. She thought her parents would have caught onto her by now though.

Looking up at the street-post she narrowed her eyes at the name, "Charing Cross Road?" She wasn't as far as she thought then...that was near The Leaky Cauldron! Her mother sometimes met with clients out there when she worked as a remedy seller.
The blonde haired trickster then noticed a young girl...around her age it looked like, looking at a slip of paper.

Claire grinned as she ran up to the girl, "Hello!" She greeted, "What'cha lookin' at?"

Mood: Mischievous
Thoughts: Hah...dad's none the wiser.
House: Unsorted
Year: Unknown

((OOC: ... ))

Shopping in the UK

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items