Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[OFFICE] Elekereth's Study

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:54 pm
User Image
Image obtained through My Father's Lounge

The first thing one of normal body temperature would notice, upon entering the professor's office, is that it was warm - warm enough to make students with a colder-body-preference sweat a little bit, and perhaps enough for warmer bodied students to be just-comfortable-enough. Every surface of the office seemed to have some sort of new knick-knack on it, some looking like they belonged together, others just pushed together for some unknown reason. Either way, it seemed as though Elekereth didn't mind them being touched. Some were already broken, even.

"Welcome to my Office. Are you here to tell me a story?"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:56 pm
Name: Elekereth Orvos
Nicknames: Elk

Faction/Race Undead/Pricolici
Natural Ability:
- Shapeshift - Between Wolf/Humanoid Forms, To Bloodform, To Mistform

Personality: A wandering nomad with no 'home' of his own, Elekereth went out on a journey one day to find a place of his own - and ended up finding a lot of places.

Elkereth is a very passionate man, full of life (ironically) and energy. He's prone to quick jerky and sudden gestures, yet seems to be fully in control of them. When particularly excited about something he will suddenly start talking faster and faster to the point of incomprehension, but if it was possible to slow his speech down it would become clear that he was actually speaking substance and not just nonsense.

He enjoys hearing stories, leaving his office open to any student who wanders in and wishes to regale him - sometimes he will make them start over again so he can write it all down, hanging onto the edge of his seat excitedly to catch every single word. Sometimes he even presses for more (actually he always does).

He takes not having to sleep as a great blessing and can often be seen bustling around the school with various items that don't have any rhyme or reason to them. He also seems to keep a healthy sized pack of Death Imps around in his office. In fact, his office and his classroom are both packed with items of great oddity - and each seems to come with a very lengthy story one could make a novel out of.

A curious man, at least, who seems to have enough energy to raise more dead than just himself.

What do they do at Amityville Academy? WHAT IS YOUR CHARACTER'S IC JOB: Geography and Culture Professor

FEAR:
A Plague of Blood - Elekereth moves through his enemies as a bloody fog and leaves traces of blood inside of their lungs/nose/eyes/blah that can cause coughing fits and irritation (for those who don't breathe :V )

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:01 pm
WELCOME TO ELK'S OFFICE!

The professor has several seats where a student, or even a fellow staff member, can take a seat, each with a clipboard sitting on top of it.

[Investigate the Clipboard]
It has a single piece of paper and a pen attached to it.

[Investigate the Paper]
The paper is a form.

Elekereth's Form

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Year:[/b]
[b]Reason for Visit:[/b] (Request for Field Trip Opportunity? Share a Story? Just want to harass Elk?)

[quote="demon_pachabel"][/quote]

[Investigate the Pen]
It's just a good ol' fountain pen. Why are you investigating a pen- ohae, there's a secret little chamber on here, if you just hit th-

[Hit It]
You just made the pen squirt ink all over you. Good job.

OOC:
If you want your student to be whisked away somewhere completely random on a whim of Elekereth's, or if you would like a professor to accompany your student on a plot-related journey of their own, fill out the form above and let me know. I'll contact you ASAP to get stuff rolling.

If you're interested in sharing about your student's home/culture/species/cool stuff you've come up with in Elk's class, please fill out the form above and I'll contact you to get details straight/where stuff goes on the map/get anything that might need to be checked out, checked out, and (drumroll) any required graphics for an in-class presentation!

If you want an RP of them discussing this, let me know and I'll get something rolling! Elk would love to meet everybody (especially all you third years getting ready to sneak away. He sees you! O_O)

Your student doesn't just have to share about home. They can talk about anywhere they've been. Did you make up a theme park? COOL! Hit me up and we'll get them on sharing that.

What's in it for me?The chance to share all your cool brainstuff with everybody. Need more excuses? Bonus RP points and potentially minipets.

HUNTERS IN GOLEMS AND HORSEMEN ARE ALSO ALLOWED TO DROP IN ON ELK.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:01 pm
Secretly, Jack expected the room to look like this - if he had been a boil of personal affections, he'd probably be dragging around a room as packed as this was. Maybe one day, when he had something liken to a home base, would he have such a beautiful mess of things like the teacher had.

Which brought him back to the original reason at hand for him to be here anyways. Where did Jack want to go, with or without the teacher? Secretly he was more interested in the with, considering that the masked man was super-interesting to the cat-demon. Masked world traveler? Someone who could totally understand where he was coming from? Sounded like music to his holed ears. Clearing his throat, he pinned a little piece of paper, written as neatly as his hand could handle, hoping that the homework was . . . clean enough.

Jack's Homework

If there was anywhere I would like to travel to;

It'd be somewhere far from here, with many sights and little things to purchase or barter from other people. Somewhere that appreciates music - maybe a city that deals with festivals?

Music maybe?
Something that is fine with cats?

Cat sanctuaries!

I'm rambling. I hope this is well enough.
"Jack-B-Nimble"

He was kind of terrible at keeping a line of thought when it came to the written word, he could admit, but at least there were a couple of ideas down.

Right?

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
  • Wandering Head-First 500

Seiana_ZI

Codebreaking Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:17 pm
This place was a total mess.

As much as she loved the things that Elk seemed to know and was willing to share--and share with her, especially!--he could certainly do with a personal organizer! She scrunched her nose in distaste as she attempted to step around a few things to get to his desk, deciding eventually just to float over there instead. At least she didn't have to do as much fancy footwork that way.

In her hand, she was holding a rather neatly folded piece of paper, which she unfolded briefly to glance over--just to make sure everything was in its proper order, of course--before refolding and pinning it up next to a rather sloppily written piece of paper. Hm. Did anyone have good penmanship anymore? Serafina took great pride in her own, and decided to unpin the folded paper and unfold it before putting it back up just to make a point about how neat hers was.

Serafina's Homework
Dear Professor Elk,

Asking where I would like to travel is a difficult question, as I would like to see the world, really! There's so much to see and I'm very curious... But if I had to pick something, I admit, I would like to finally get to go to an island location that is peaceful. The last island location I went to ended in a way that wasn't so good, and I'd like to have a good experience to counterbalance that.

Alternatively, I would love to go to a place that is exciting and full of all kinds of people, with festivals and friendly competitions and perhaps even riches for miles--that golden-paved city you mentioned in class sounds absolutely fascinating and I'd love to check that out, too!

I'm sorry I have so many ideas! If there's a way to combine these, that would be super. You know more about the World of Halloween than I do, ka? I've only been here a few years. Festive places, islands, lots of people, riches, or perhaps something warm ... I don't like the cold.

I really just want to explore!

Sincerely,
Serafina Arai

Now when she thought of it, it was rather pleasant in here. Temperature-wise, at least. She could do without some of the clutter. Still, she could get used to it if it got her to go to so many places of interest... hm. Tapping her chin once in thought, she shrugged her shoulders, bowed her head a tad in the direction of Professor Elk's desk, and scurried outside of the office.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:27 pm
Canon slipped into the office, momentum taking her a few stumbling steps before she froze. So much stuff! So much interesting stuff! What was that? Or that? Or all of it, could she just go with all of it? Unable to resist, she skipped over a pile of things on the ground, and investigate a small bronze statue sitting on the Professor's desk. It was... fascinating. If she held her head in one spot, it was a horse, if she moved it just so, it was a bird, but if she moved her head back it was a turtle. Was it magic? Some sort of cunning carving? An optical illusion?

Fishing in her pockets, she retrieved a pen, and hastily unfolded her paper. She added a few quick lines to it, before depositing it with the others on the desk.

Canon Indy's Homework

Canon Indy
Professor Elk
Storytelling

I would like to go to the Grand Apothecary town, and anywhere else that might have unique poisons! Also, if you know of any place where there are good fighters, I'd like to go there, too!

ALSO, also, what's the statue on your desk that changes shape? Did that come from someplace we could visit?

Canon was finally shooed out of the office half an hour later by a herd of cleaning gnomes. Who immediately went back into the office to play with all the weird stuff instead of clean.  

Zee Oddwyn

Tenacious Bookworm

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:33 pm
Opening the door cautiously (he hadn't forgotten the blood-blob's unexpected drop-in at the start of class), Aedan stepped into Professor Elk's office slowly, his eyes widening slightly as he looked around the room. It was...surprisingly fitting, given what little he'd seen of the Professor in class. And, additionally, it was pleasantly warm. Blinking, and jerking himself from his own distraction, Aedan reached into his bag, withdrawing his hand a moment later with a piece of paper clutched loosely in his fingers.

Aedan's Homework

Professor,

When initially asked where I'd most like to travel, I drew a blank--it's hard to know exactly where one wants to go, when one hasn't been there, or seen anything that strikes a chord. However, when I thought about the question more, I thought maybe describing the sorts of things I'd like to see might suffice.

Ideally, I'd prefer to explore, and visit places that are warm, and that aren't overly damp or wet--snow and cold water aren't among my favorites, unfortunately...although I can deal with them for short periods of time.

I'd rather go someplace with people, as they tend to be more interesting to watch, and to interact with than a static place. I haven't done all that much travel, so there's a lot of things that would be both interesting and new to me...which is the point of the class, right? Hopefully, that was at least enough to give you an idea of some places I'd like to visit, as part of the class!

Thanks,
Aedan

Setting the sheet down gingerly on Professor Elk's desk, he stepped back decisively, and resisted scooping it back up--he knew he hadn't been nearly as specific as even some of the students who had been asking questions in class....and Jack only knew how in-depth some of those same students would be going in their own homework assignment responses!

At least he'd gotten it done...right? Making a slight face at his own indecisiveness--he couldn't help but hope the Professor wouldn't choose to take them anywhere with highly-flammable substances--Aedan made his way back out of the office, heading back towards the dorms without looking back.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:52 am
Lumikki's ears twitched slightly as she peaked her head in to the room it was different, and yet pleasant she thought as she walked in. Very nicely furnished and actually pretty warm. Smiling when she saw other students from the class she moved over to drop off a she went to place her sheet with the other student's papers.

Lumikki's Home Work

If I could travel anywhere, I would like to travel somewhere that is warm. I would also like to travel somewhere that is full of culture and wonders to be explored. But nothing that might explode...or maybe vanish while we were visiting.

Thank you very much for the class I really enjoyed seeing where the other students were from. And it would be nice to explore some of the places.

Sincerely
Lumikki

Smiling she nodded yes that was a fun class and there was so much she could learn from this professor. Frowning before pulling her hand back, she was second guessing her assignment. Ears back slightly she quietly scolded herself,

"nono leave it...it didn't have to be a master peice..."

Turning to leave the room before she could try and snatch her paper back again.  

Wyntre IceBlade

Kawaii Shapeshifter

17,300 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:36 pm
Walking in nonchalantly, Marosa glanced around the office and allowed a small smile for himself. It was nice, and felt homey. His gaze fell upon the sheets of paper, and he reached out for one as his wings fluttered, anticipating the answer he was going to put down.

Marosa's Homework
Name: Marosa
Year: 1

I formerly request anywhere but the fey lands. I am excited for anything else that might come up, simply because of the beauty that can be seen from potential places to go.

Finishing his answer, Marosa placed the sheet on top of the other sheets, not quite ready to go back to his own home just yet. He would have to deal with that particular problem later, but he'd have to do it on his own time. There was no need to involve anyone else.

Unsure if he was being watched, Marosa tilted his head at the rest of the room curiously, bowing his head slightly before he made his exit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:14 am
Walking into the office, Etzer was in awe of the room. So many sights! So many places! He was impressed!

Taking a sheet of paper, he wrote out a short note, already loving the professor from the first class.

Etzer's Homework
Hello again! Your class was wonderful to attend.

I would be most grateful if we could travel anywhere. Any new sights are fun to see, and can be made an adventure out of easily enough.

Until next time! I look forward to further classes with you.

-Etzer

Satisfied with that, he nodded his head at the paper with a smug grin, setting it on top of another's as he walked out of the room, leaving everything as it was. He would definitely look forward to more classes in the future with this particular teacher.  

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items