Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Shopping in the UK
Restaurant and Lucky bar ~ NPC Owned Business ~ London Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:47 pm
Been traveling in packs that I can't carry anymore
Been waiting for somebody else to carry me
There's nothing else there for me at my door
All the people I know aren't who they used to be

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

Sαłeм'š Ałυм ▨ Mυggłeвøяи ▨ Tħeαтeя Aššıšтαит

☯⚝ϟPuck raised an eyebrow at Dris as he admitted to having a long list of embarrassing stories to keep her bet interesting which was funny considering how he was supposed to be trying to not fall into the trap. Well, his loss her gain. "I'm sure I'll hear a few feet of that by the end of tonight." she told him with a mischievous grin. Just as she was about to signal to a nearby waitress, she had seen how Dris had been as quick to look through the menu has she had, he went onto a sort of random tangent over how similar their families were in regards to their parents choice of partners (same sex) and their younger siblings (opposite sex). They'd remarked upon this before earlier in the week when they'd done the boring get to know you's which hadn't turned out to be as boring as she'd thought.

The coup de grace of this happening just the day before when her brother was reading through one of his Quidditch magazines and pointing out that there was a guy with Dris' name labeled as part of the Scotland team. They'd both gone over it and his official picture (she had laughed for nearly an hour when she thought over all the paint stains they'd probably had to edit out) and she had wanted to immediately call him and ask why when he brought up quidditch he didn't mention he actually played PROFESSIONALLY. It wouldn't have made that much of a difference she supposed in whether or not she liked the game, but she would've been less dismissive about it had she'd known! So after laughing Puck had flailed about wondering if she'd accidentally insulted him by not being more amazed at his flying prowess before figuring that if the guy really wanted her to know and be all enthused about it, he'd probably brag about it more. The biggest things she usually saw him bragging about in his social media was his paintings being finished and if his one cat only scratched him twice that day. So she didn't bring it up and decided she wouldn't unless Dris did first.

Which he hadn't, but instead apparently felt weird for bringing up their similarities and...yup. He apologized the adorable idiot. Puck didn't officially lose it until he realized he'd apologized and did it again looking so cute and exasperated she had to literally catch her breath from trying not to laugh too loudly. "Oh my god, I know I joked that you wouldn't last that long but seriously?! Even I thought you'd make it past the three minute mark!" Puck wheezed out. Her laughter apparently caught the attention of one of the waitresses she'd been trying to wave over who came to ask if she was alright as she nodded still giggling. "Ye-yes, I'm fine. And we're ready to order." she spoke still trying to calm herself. Once she felt composed, she ordered the BLT platter and a ginger beer before looking over at Dris with a grin that screamed vindication.

Miss Gryffindork

And if I try to change my life one more day
There would be nobody else to save
And I can't change into a person I don't wanna be, so
Oh, it's Saturday night, yeah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:19 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Lucky Restaurant
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Puck
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Date Night
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? She's beautiful

Dris knew that somewhere in the night he'd have to spill all kinds of stories. Though... what would she deem embarrassing? He had plenty of goofy stories from childhood, but would they be considered embarrassing or merely... childish? He laughed when Puck apparently agreed, saying she'd hear a few feet of his story list by the end of the night. "I mean, I don't doubt that at all. Hopefully soon I'll run out of stories and we'll have to make new rules... or, y'know, I'll stop apologizing." He laughed at that one, knowing he'd always be apologetic, specifically to inanimate objects, because he tended to run into stuff a lot. At least when he was on the ground. When he was in the air, he was graceful as hell. Damn.

After all of thirty seconds, he'd not only apologized, but he'd done so twice. At this rate, he'd run out of stories before their dinner even arrived. Luckily, Puck laughed, and a lot. He nodded along, chuckling at himself along with her. The waitress came over to the sound of their laughter, looking confused, if not a little concerned. Puck ordered a ginger ale, so Dris figured he'd stay on the side of sobriety as well... at least for now. He ordered hi shepherd's pie and a raspberry iced tea, then grinned at Puck once the waitress wandered off. "So that's two, then? Let's see, when I was six, I thought, well, you know how people fly on brooms? See, I thought it worked with any old broom. Keep in mind, I didn't even know if I was magic yet... but still, I took our dusty old broom to my bedroom and hopped out the window. I learned two lessons that day, and luckily one was that I was indeed magical. But I cried for hours when my dad said I didn't get a broom until school." He chuckled, stopping his tale as the waitress walked over with drinks. He sipped his, he pondered a second story. He could delve deep, or remain on the shallow, childish end for now, but he knew either way he'd be divulging a lot of his weird stories. "And the second... let's see, oh! When I found out I looked nice in heels. I was... eight? Nine maybe. I was staying at my aunt Cyd's house, and mind, she only wears like six inch heels and up. So anyway, I was trying to reach something in her kitchen, 'cause at the time I was rather short. Anyway, I spotted a pair of her nice heels and put 'em on. I not only got whatever it was I wanted, but apparently I looked nice in the heels. Also, I can walk in heels, which is, I guess, nice to know?"

He grinned over at her, wondering if those two would appease her for now. At least... until he apologized for something else. "Alright, so now to be fair, I need a way to find out some of your embarrassing stories. I mean, you're going to know my whole list by the time we order dessert, so we've gotta have a way to even the field." There had to be some way, but something that wouldn't embarrass her. He briefly thought about her cute little snort laugh, but he figured she might stab him if he brought it up... so maybe not. He curled his long fingers around his tea and sipped it, though he couldn't stop looking at Puck. She was like a work of art, and he was determined to make sure she knew that. No matter what, he'd be intrigued, yet baffled by her very existence. It was just something so... different about her that captured his undivided attention.

Yukina101

Aʟʟ ᴍʏ ʟɪꜰᴇ I'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ʟɪᴠɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀsᴛ ʟᴀɴᴇ, ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sʟᴏᴡ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, I'ᴍ ᴀ ʀᴏʟʟɪɴ' ꜰʀᴇɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʀᴀɪɴ
Oɴᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ, ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴏᴠᴇʀ, ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sʟᴏᴡ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, I'ᴍ ᴀ ʟᴏɴᴇ ʀᴇᴅ ʀᴏᴠᴇʀ
I'ᴍ ᴀ ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴍʏ ᴄᴀʀᴅs ᴄʟᴏsᴇ, I'ᴍ ᴀ ᴡʀᴇᴄᴋ ᴡʜᴀᴛ I ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴏsᴛ
I'ᴍ ᴀ ꜰɪʀsᴛ-ᴄʟᴀss ʟᴇᴛ-ᴅᴏᴡɴ, I'ᴍ ᴀ ᴀ "sʜᴜᴛ ᴜᴘ, sɪᴛ ᴅᴏᴡɴ"
I ᴀᴍ ᴀ ʜᴇᴀᴅ ᴄᴀsᴇ, I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏʟᴏʀ ᴏꜰ ʙᴏᴏᴍ. Iᴛ's ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴀʀʀɪᴠɪɴɢ,
Aɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴘᴇʀᴀ, ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴏɴ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪɴ ᴛᴜɴᴇ
Oʜ, ʜᴏᴡ ᴅɪᴅ ɪᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪs? Oʜ, ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪs ᴀ Pᴏʟᴀʀᴏɪᴅ
Bᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ɪɴ ᴘɪᴄᴛᴜʀᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴄᴀɴ ꜰɪʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴏɪᴅ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:03 pm

User Image

☯⚝ϟPuck just hummed with a slight smirk as Dris hoped he could stop apologizing long before he ran out of stories by the night's end since she sorta didn't mind either way. Sure she'd love to hear any stories he had but, as disgusting as it was to admit, she enjoyed his company just as much. She was slightly surprised at his choice of drink though she shouldn't have been since he admitted easily to having a sweet tooth and once she took both of their orders, she propped her face on her hands to listen eagerly. And she wasn't disappointed. She giggled at his story of jumping out a window on a nonflying broom (also gasping because holy s**t how far did he fall?!) and outright laughed at the one with heels. Honestly she was more impressed from the second story than anything, she didn't start walking right in heels until she was roughly fifteen; for him to master it around nine was just upsetting on multiple levels.

"That's so unfair! It took me forever to learn how to walk in those things and I didn't even start at six inches you stupid overachiever." she pouted but with a smile to show she had no hard feelings. Puck was taking another sip of her drink when Dris randomly dropped that she should also tell embarrassing stories to even the playing field which she supposed in a parallel universe would make sense. But he was cute so she let him have it. "Ah, so that's your plan. Tempt me with funny stories and dessert and I'll stay longer?" she teased with a wider smirk. As she contemplated her stories, she noticed he was staring at her with a funny look on his face. She considered asking if there was something on her face but since all she'd had was the soda she doubted anything was there. So why exactly was he staring?

"Okok, I think I got one. My mom worked for a community theater back in Chicago and because I was her daughter and didn't know any better, she'd volunteer me for small parts here or there or for like, kid parts if it was a multi-age production like The Sound of Music or something like that. Anyway, around seven I was getting really tired of having to get on stage and sing and act and all I wanted to do was y'know, do the fun electrical stuff or paint the scenes and stuff. So we're doing this production of the Wizard of Oz and once again, I'm cast as a munchkin and I'm supposed to be part of the lollipop guild but I didn't bring the prop lolly. And we're on stage at this point and one of the other munchkins notice and was like 'where's your lolly?!' and I just shrugged and said 'we've been under a spell for ages and I got hungry.' So now the stage is tittering and they're trying to stay in character so the main munchkin says, 'well you can't be in the lollipop guild without a lolly!' so I just shrugged again and said 'well gimme a few hours, I'm sure I'll get it back!' My mom was mortified, Dorothy was mortified, the dead witch under the house was honest to God dying of laughter and so were the other kid munchkins and I'm just standing there grinning like a lil brat. I think we had to take an intermission to get everyone back in line. After that, my mom basically let me choose to do whatever I wanted." Puck tried to keep an innocent facade but it was marred by the amusement dancing in her eyes.

Just as she was about to start her second story, the waitress arrived with their foods and her eyes immediately zeroed in on her sandwich, her stomach reminding her of the fact that the last thing she'd eaten was a crunchy peanut butter sandwich. She went in taking a deep bite of her sandwich humming at the crunch of the bacon and hint of mayo clinging to the lettuce. They didn't saturate the whole thing like other places would so she was immensely thankful. It was only after she picked up and munched on a fallen tomato that she remembered she had another story to tell and grinned sheepishly at Dris. "Sorry about, I didn't realize how hungry I was. And that doesn't count because I was going to tell another story anyway!" she quickly warned after realizing she had just apologized "Alright second story...ok I think I got one. About a year after my mum met my mother, Nora, they were still in that 'just friends' stage and were always planning outings for us all to go on. Mind you, I'm like nine and my brother's a toddler so y'know, sooooo much bonding we could be doing." Puck rolled her eyes taking a chip and biting into it.

"Anyway, one of these outings was to a pottery place where they had the parents in one side of the room and the kids on the other. I was one of the oldest there besides like, Idunno they might've been eleven but he pretty much stayed on his phone the whole time, but I was more or less in charge of Chanda. Who, if you didn't know, is a metamorphagus who was still kinda iffy with his hair colors. I had just found out about all of this maybe a few months prior and thought it was super cool but Nora was always worried about his powers acting up while in public so she would I think spell his hair to appear a different color than it was. So we're in this small area with a bunch of different clays and stuff and all of a sudden, his hair turns this bright green! I freak out so, not even thinking, I put clay in both of our hair trying to make it look like the clay made the color. By the time we left the place, he had blue green hair, and mine was this weird greenish purple mess and it didn't wash out properly foreevveerrrr. I was still finding chunks of that s**t like, weeks later!" Puck gave a shudder and laugh remembering how annoying it was trying to brush and comb her hair and randomly finding a dried piece of clay wedged in her curls.

Miss Gryffindork

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:21 pm
User ImageUser Image

Dris cackled when Puck playfully scolded him for being better in heels than she had been. He secretly wanted to see her in heels now, but that was an entirely different subject matter. "It wasn't my fault! If they'd had a footstool I'd never have discovered that fact. I can't walk in them now, though. My ankles are weak." He grinned, leaning back a bit. Puck asked if it was his plan to keep her there longer, and he only sipped his drink and winked. Why had he winked? When did he even start doing that? He settled for a nervous grin and sipped his tea some more.

When Puck said she had a story, Dris leaned forward, resting his forearms on the table as he listened. Apparently she was a munchkin without a lolly, and she accidentally mortified her mum. He was struggling to hold back laughter, but when she mentioned her final quip. Apparently she'd been just as sassy a child as he had been. "Remind me not to put you in a play. Though... I've only been in two... ever, so I know the feeling. The first was in primaries, when I discovered I have crippling stage fright. The second, in my fifth year... when I discovered I still have crippling stage fright. That's when I decided I'd just paint backdrops and stuff." He grinned, thinking about his first ever stage appearance wherein he broke down into tears and ran off stage and across the auditorium to his parents. Luckily after that, Wyatt had negotiated deals with his teachers for book work instead of class plays. Dris was especially proud because the man hadn't even played the "disability" card. Maybe that was because he and Milo always said his synesthesia was a gift.

After that story, the waitress wandered over with their food, and both members of the duo set in on eating. After a few bites, Puck apologized for eating instead of talking. Dris looked up, cheeks bulging a bit with the food in his mouth. It probably didn't help that his lips were a bit shiny with gravy. He finished that bite while she mentioned telling a second story. For this one he sat back a bit, licking his lips to remove any gravy. She started a tale that featured her brother this time, mentioning his meta skill. That was a fact Dris hadn't been aware of. It was cool, though he wouldn't ever survive as a meta himself. He was already too overwhelmed by colors to function some days.

She spoke about a pottery shop outing and how her brother's hair had acted up, so in a stroke of genius.... she coated them both with clay. "I've done similar, don't worry. There was one time I had so much paint in my hair my Nan just had to cut it out. Luckily, she's a witch so she just grew it back out before Milo came to pick me up. And the one time at the beach my sister... it was when she was only little, maybe five? We were at the beach in SoCal, and she knocked over my sand castle, so I got payback. By burying her in sand. I got grounded for a week and she got revenge by hiding my paints, but it was lovely." He grinned brightly, munching on his pie a bit more. It was really, really good, after all. Maybe the fire had been a blessing in disguise.

Yukina101

Aʟʟ ᴍʏ ʟɪꜰᴇ I'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ʟɪᴠɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀsᴛ ʟᴀɴᴇ, ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sʟᴏᴡ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, I'ᴍ ᴀ ʀᴏʟʟɪɴ' ꜰʀᴇɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʀᴀɪɴ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:31 pm

User Image

☯⚝ϟPuck snortgiggled, to her mortification, as Dris tried to appease her by saying he couldn't currently walk in heels due to his ankles being weak, but still! It was the principle! "Hmph, I guess we should be thankful your ankles can handle all that extra height and not try to add anymore strain." she cackled not being able to not bring up his enormous height. It also brought to mind what else on his person could match it but she reeled those thoughts in before they could go any deeper. This was a first date and she was no floozy. She'd wait for at least the third before she got to that. He certainly wasn't helping matters with that wink of his, the flirty b*****d. After she was done with her first story he gave his own recount of the last plays he was in which he explained why he'd never do another. She couldn't stop herself from cooing at the image of a smaller Dris in a little elementary play and leaned over to pat his hand consolingly about the stage fright. "It sucks you had to figure it out that way but on the bright side, you were stuffed into different colored tights half of your adolescence like someone else at this table." It amazed Puck just how many pairs of leggings and tights she'd gone through over the years from theater alone.

As she told the second story, she tried not to focus on the gravy on her date's lips, or really his lips in general, to the point where it was probably a miracle she didn't stutter or slip up at least once during the whole thing. At its conclusion, Dris mentioned a similar time he got so much paint in his hair he had to get parts of it actually cut. Good lord, he's always been a paint menace it seemed. Puck nearly choked on her soda though as she laughed at how he and his younger sister pranked one another between burying one in the sand and hiding another's precious paints. His mention of SoCal had her wracking her mind for any information he might've told her in regards to being from the states, or maybe it was a relative? "Sounds lovely. So you're a Cali guy huh? Are you from there originally or you have family from there?" Puck asked curiously. After being raised in the midwest and then spending a majority of her teen years in New England, she was slightly curious about the west coast, mainly the beaches. That and she'd heard and read too many horror stories about Florida to consider visiting one of theirs.

She finished one half of her sandwich with a satisfied hum very very happy she'd gone with it instead of something else. "The only times Chanda and I ever had any disagreements are over clothes. Because of his gift, he can change his gender whenever and he used to a bit when he was younger but now he likes to stick with male but he'll still try and borrow my clothes. I think we ran the Boston marathon one time when I chased him around the house cuz he took one of my skirts without asking. But it's hard to stay mad at the lil s**t when he decides to apologize like this." Puck threw one last fry in her mouth before digging into her pocket for her phone then scrolling through her picture roll to find what she was looking for. When she did, she passed it over to Dris to see; it was a picture of her and her brother just a few years ago both wearing matching flower crowns with a sparkle photo filter and her holding a large cupcake that was shaped like an upside down ice cream cone.

Miss Gryffindork

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:14 pm
User ImageUser Image

Dris chuckled when Puck thanked the stars that his ankles weren't nearly strong enough to handle heels. He also may have been chuckling over her little snort laugh. It was adorable, even though she didn't seem to like it. After he shared about his stage fright, she sympathized, but motioned that he didn't have to wear all kinds of tights. "You're right, I didn't have to wear tights. Occasionally skinny jeans, but not tights. Though you didn't get teased for weeks because the entire school watched you run crying over to your dads and had a full on breakdown. It was my worst moment." He laughed, then sipped his tea.

Following his second tale about the beach, Puck asked if he was from the state. He laughed so hard he choked on tea. "Me? No. Not at all. I'm from England. My dad, Wyatt, however, is from California. He moved to England because his little brother was scheduled to go to Hogwarts and he wanted to be close. Luckily, it allowed him to meet Milo. But we go to Cali every few years for Disney, beaches, and fish tacos. Though last time we went I got grabbed by a drunk hobo, so y'know."

He ate more as he listened to her tale of Chanda being a clothing thief. Apparently he liked to steal her clothes and as a younger kid, he liked to alter gender. That would be trippy, he had to admit. Especially if it changed on a dime. "I'm really lucky my sister can't wear my clothes. Though... she does occasionally steal my jackets. Don't know why, my arms are quite a bit longer than hers. Oh well." He shrugged, then sipped his tea. They apparently both had all kinds of stories to fill the chatter through the night.

Yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:33 pm

User Image

☯⚝ϟPuck hummed as she subtly looked over at Dris' legs which were currently clad in skinny jeans and though, in her opinion, he looked damn fine in them, she could see why he probably chose not to always favorite them. It had to be hell finding pants that didn't stop at his calves let alone cover his ankles. She frowned slightly at his added bit about how kids teased him for running off crying which didn't surprise her since she'd seen something similar happen at her school but it didn't make it any better. "Kids can literally be the worst when they want to. Thankfully though most grow out of it. Or hopefully I meant." she tacked on with a well meaning grin. She knew she'd been a little (big) of a s**t back in elementary and she liked to believe she grew out of most of it. Or at least re-purposed her brattiness to more constructive means.

Puck was rather confused by her date's loud laughter at his question of being from California and just threw a napkin at him when he nearly died from his tea. She thought it was sweet his dad moved from the states just to see his brother off to Hogwarts, especially since karma worked in his favor and managed to send him a husband and later kids. She made the unfortunate decision to take a sip of her drink as Dris threw in he was grabbed by a drunk hobo last time he was in Cali which made her snort and have the weird feeling of fizzing ginger in her nose. "Ohmygod really?! That's kinda hilarious. And it's pretty cool you get to go back so often and have so much fun. I haven't been to Disney yet, but I think my mom's are planning a trip to erm, Euro Disney for like our family anniversary or something." Puck commented with a slight shrug.

Her parents thought having a plain wedding anniversary was selfish so they instead they called the day the adoption papers (Nora for her and her mom for Chanda) went through which made them all officially a family. They usually planned family outings or mini vacations for them to do and since they were coming up on their tenth they said they wanted to do something extra special. She kinda hoped though that the Disney trip would happen sooner since she really didn't want to wait an extra few years to go.

Taking the last few bites of her sandwich, she chuckled as Dris mentioned how grateful he was that his sister couldn't wear his clothing even though she periodically stole his jackets. "Oh that's an easy one; most girls secretly like feeling small in large clothing. It's like having an extra comfy turtle shell. Usually it'll be like, our brothers, best friends, or um, boyfriends." she stammered at the end. Suddenly Puck was imagining how it would feel like to wear one of Dris' sweaters and it took everything in her power not to shiver since it'd probably feel like the best blanket in creation. Was she hoping this...whatever this was worked out so she could eventually steal a sweater? Absolutely not! She'd steal one regardless if they became a couple. Because friends share.

Miss Gryffindork

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:14 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Here goes nothing

Dris snorted when Puck said kids could be the worst. He took another big bite, then decided to speak up on the matter. "Kids can be horrible. Trust me, I've had lots of experience. I mentioned how giant my family is, right? I've had my fair share of kids." He grinned, then accepted a napkin to the face when he choked on tea. Apparently it was hilarious that he got groped by a creepy old dude. At least, that made four people who found it hilarious. He didn't know why it was funny, though looking back it was less horrifying and more embarrassing. At the time, it had been mortifying. Though, that hadn't been the worst thing about the trip by far. No, that experience went to Laili, though he opted not to think about it.

"Yep. Really. It was... awful. And creepy. Though, I do recommend Disney. I've got... let's see here..." He pulled out his own phone, searching through pictures before he found the one he was looking for. He held out his phone for Puck to see the picture of himself and Laili with their mouse ears posing in front of Cinderella's Castle. "My dads insist on getting a picture of us every time we go. They've got a collage of the pictures on the wall." He laughed, pulling his phone back. He knew the next picture was Milo and Wyatt, but he wasn't sure if Puck would want to see that one. Oh well, they'd have all sorts of time to scour over old pictures. At least, they would if he had any say on the matter.

He ate the last little bit of his dinner, then grinned at Puck. Apparently it was pretty common for girls to steal jackets and the like. It was like a comfy shell? Maybe girls were just weird. "I don't get it. Why would you want a big sweater? I mean, especially mine, 'cause my arms are so long! I mean... it'd be..." He drifted off as he imagined Puck in one of his sweaters, sleeves covering her hands. Maybe... maybe he could see the appeal after all. His cheeks colored vividly. He reached over, gently holding one of her hands in his. "You know... I'll just leave that thought there. And maybe, if you want... you can be my girlfriend? I'll even loan you my softest sweater." He looked over at her, feeling the blush rising to his ears. He didn't know why he'd asked, but he really, really hoped she'd say yes. If nothing else, he could use it as a good excuse to see her more.

Yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:29 pm

User Image

☯⚝ϟ"That's family though; kids you're related too have like an automatic pass to be annoying turds. I help teach high school, erm, secondary level kids and ******** hell, it takes allot out of me not to just knock some sense into them. With a rock hopefully." Puck cackled. She supposed if she'd grown up surrounded by family on both sides filled to the brim with kids she'd probably be the same way but honestly she was little jealous. Her mom's parents both died before she finished college and while her grandmother had been an only child, her grandfather supposedly had a brother still in Germany but they were estranged or something weird like that. Nora's parents had happily filled in the slot of doting grandparents to her but Nora was also an only child so still, no real cousins to speak of. It was kinda cool around holidays and birthdays because all their gatherings were much more special and intimate but she wondered about how it would feel to have the large group gatherings, like almost getting lost in the crowd of your own family.

Puck felt sorta bad as she kept giggling at Dris' expressions over getting grabbed by a handsy drunk but she couldn't help it. If it hadn't been for his apparent crippling stage fright, he'd make a great stage actor. Her brow furrowed a bit as he began shuffling through his own pockets but she lit up upon seeing the picture on his phone of him and she supposed his younger sister. They looked pretty damn adorable with their mouse ears and she thought it was equally adorable that their parents had them do a picture like this every time they went. "That's adorable. So do you just keep the one pair or do you have like, a collection of the ears from each visit?" Puck asked rather randomly. It was a serious question! If she went as often as they did, she'd keep a collection and hang them right by the collage. But that was just her.

She was picking at her chips when Dris reacted to her sweater comments still confused on why girls would want them. "It'd be pretty comfortable, yeah I know. Thanks for agreeing." she snarked with cheery grin. Her grin slowly turned as she looked on curiously as he reached across the table to hold the hand not currently holding a chip. She was going to ask when he just. He just. He just freaking asked her to be his girlfriend!? And he was bribing her with soft sweaters already! Was she really that easily read that he could see the sweater thing was deal breaker, but the main issue is that the guy she met roughly a week ago was asking her a rather important question!

Part of her wanted to say no because they just met, seriously, and dating someone usually came after you...have a few dates and get to know each other. Sort of like getting crepes. And texting. And what they were doing right now. Well holy s**t. Puck could literally feel the heat coming off her face and only the fact that Dris wasn't looking any better made her not feel self conscious. "Uh-uhm. You don't have to bribe me with sweaters to ah, agree to be your girlfriend. But I do reserve the right to keep said sweater and knock your head in if you end up being a creep. Since, y'know. We did meet like...a few days ago?" she ended with a sheepish grin. It was probably not the best way to accept someone's dating proposal but she was a realist. Adorkable giant men with stable jobs, who liked cats, and were willing to be the butt of their own jokes did not magically plop themselves into other people's laps. Magic mention notwithstanding.

Miss Gryffindork

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:58 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I can't believe it!

Dris laughed so hard he choked on his tea when Puck simply said relatives had pass to act like little turds. It was true on so many levels. She added in that she was an assistant teacher for a secondary school, which he had to admit was a hell of a lot harder than anything he did for work. Big props for that. "It must be so fun to work at a school. I mean, difficult, sure, but fun." He grinned, wondering if she liked it. Sure, she had to deal with pesky kids, but she wouldn't do it if she hated it... right? At least, that's the way he felt about life, though he knew not everyone had the luxuries he'd had in life, but he still didn't know why anyone would make a career out of something they detested.

After showing off the picture of himself and Laili, Puck proclaimed it adorable, which brought a goofy grin to his face. She also asked if they had several pairs of ears or just one each, and he nodded along. "We have tons. My favorite is one based on the Aristocats. It's done up in Toulouse's coloration. I also have a pretty big pin collection, a lot of them are interactive!" He nodded, thinking he'd have to send her a picture of his pin board some time. It was one of the few actual collections he had. Maybe... maybe if nothing else he could bring her over to the flat to show off his Disney gear. It seemed like she'd be interested. At least, it was someone that wouldn't mind his geeking over Disney.

Dris laughed when Puck finished his thoughts on sweaters. Perhaps he'd have to start investing in more cozy winter gear. Though it was already a problem, given how many sweaters he'd lost over time. Maybe he'd have to ask Chrys if she was also a sweater thief. Maybe it was a universal female thing. He knew Milo took Wyatt's clothes all the time, but they were both the same gender and roughly the same size. He looked over at Puck, chuckling about her sweater-thieving habits. Only a few seconds after he asked about her becoming his girlfriend, she looked a bit flustered. He didn't blame her, of course, especially given his own crawling blush. Apparently he didn't have to bribe her with sweaters, though he thought it was only for the giggles he'd even mentioned that bit. She did, however, agree to become his girlfriend, though she also said she'd steal his sweater and knock him dead if he turned out to be creepy. "It wasn't a bribe, more like... a benefit. You can take all my sweaters. I don't mind. I mean, except my quidditch one. I might get in trouble without it! And don't worry, I promise I'm not creepy. Weird and a bit off center sometimes, sure, but not creepy." He grinned, sweeping his hair back with his hand. It just spang back to it's normal spot, but whatever. It did its own thing anyway, unless it was held down with paint. Oh well, he wasn't worried about his hair. Not now, anyway. He was too busy being excited. Dris was secretly surprised she had said yes, after all.

Yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:34 pm

User Image

☯⚝ϟPuck just rolled her eyes not knowing if Dris was serious or not about it being fun to work with hormonal dramatic teens. "It's alright, the worst I've ever really dealt with are kids who complain about certain parts they didn't get." she answered with a shrug. For the most part she hasn't had to deal with many primadonna's, and for that she was thankful, but that just meant their parents were sometimes the ones she were watching for. She was just glad that since she was only an assistant she didn't have to sit through any parent/teacher conferences with them, just humor their random rehearsal visits. Hearing that Dris had Aristocat ears (one of her favorite cartoon movies) was enough to make her jealous but knowing there were also her fave cat had her jaw drop slightly. "You lucky sonuvabitch! I love Toulouse! I made myself promise that if I got another cat Galavant could stand, I'd name them that. If they were a boy of course. Haven't really narrowed down names for girls." Puck had names ranging from comic characters to musicians for the girl, but Toulouse had always stayed the same. The only reason her current cat avoided the name was because he just didn't feel like the name would fit. Galavant definitely upheld his name, as annoying as that could sometimes be.

She found herself giggling as Dris stammered his way through his small monologue involving bribes that aren't really bribes, more sweater talks, and ending on the note that he is, emphatically, not creepy. She wanted to point out that only real creeps said they weren't creepy but that would probably ruin the mood. Plus she sorta forgot the English language when he did this hair swoop thing that she swore knocked the air out her lungs for a few seconds. This was a dangerous dangerous dork, and she had to remember this. Especially since she was now dating said dangerously adorable dork. "I promise not to steal all your sweaters including your quidditch one and the ones I do steal I promise to return in the timely manner. A timely manner usually being between two weeks and never. And speaking of quidditch-! Were you waiting to officially ask me to be your girlfriend before you told me you play for an actual national team or was that just supposed to be some sort of surprise?" Puck remembered shooting him a look that was half unimpressed half very much amused.

Miss Gryffindork

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:29 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I can't believe it!

Dris chuckled when Puck said the kids mostly only complained about the parts they were assigned. It made sense, but he wasn't sure either, given that he didn't do plays at all. Parts never mattered to him.... at least in theater. "Makes sense. At least they're not aggressive or anything. Honestly, I'd be more worried about angry parents than I would kids." He grinned, sipping his tea. He'd seen some parents that were insanely helicopter parents. Honestly, he was glad his parents weren't that overprotective. If they had been, school would have been a hell of a lot harder. Luckily, they were just the right amount to prevent him going crazy from too much noise. When he shared his favorite ears with Puck, she reacted a lot stronger then he expected. Apparently Toulouse was her very favorite too. He grinned and flipped through phone pictures to find one of twelve year old him with the very same ears on. He held it out to Puck so she could see. "I also have some glittery rainbow ones. We all do. Milo wanted them for a really dorky family photo." He grinned, hoping she wouldn't think he was too dorky.

After he'd rambled for a hot while sweaters and stealing and his uniform sweater, Puck seemed a bit flustered. Was it because he mentioned that he'd share his sweaters? He pulled his hand from his hair, the locks springing back into his eyes almost immediately. Damn it. He'd really need to ask James how he made his hair look so sleek all the time. Maybe it was just the soap or something... He was shaken from his thoughts on hair by Puck saying she'd return his sweaters in a "timely manner", following that up with a note that that could be anywhere from two weeks to never. He'd have to stock up on comfy sweaters... or start hiding them up higher, one of the two.

She also started in on his quidditch career, asking if he purposely waited for them to be dating to tell her about his spot on the team. At that, he blushed. "I... can I say I genuinely forgot? I was too... um... taken aback by... you to care much about me. But yea, I'm on reserves for Scotland. My goddad James is the Seeker, and my Aunt Cyd's the scariest Beater I've ever met. Also one of my best friends Hikaru's Keeper.... I just keep the bench warm." He chuckled awkwardly, rubbing his neck. "But... it's not what I want to do. I'd like to open an art studio. Give lessons and just... paint all day. It's my dream. Especially because I can like... do what I love all the time. Not that I don't love quidditch! But... painting." He offered a little smile, one that caused his eyes to twinkle merrily. It was his dream and he didn't care who knew it.

Yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:21 pm

User Image

☯⚝ϟPuck huffed loudly as Dris basically hit the nail on the head when it came to her theater students. "I get that most parents see their kids as the star of the show, but that doesn't mean they deserve starring roles because they have 'great potential'. I'm not even a majority vote when it comes to casting! I do the open auditions and callbacks but my mom has nearly all the power when it comes down to who gets what. And yet somehow, I'm the one the parents complain to and about." she rolled her eyes taking an angry sip of her soda. She'd once had to explain to someone why they gave the part to someone else based on the fact that their kid had been the main actor for two previous roles and it was time to give someone else a chance. The mother had puffed up so much she'd been afraid she was having an allergic reaction before bellowing about how that didn't make any sense and how was this preparing them for the real world and all that other tripe. She'd tried patiently explaining that it wasn't about prepping for the real world (at best it was prepping for college or a specialty school) and that these were still freshman and sophomore students. Then the lady started yelling about how she wouldn't understand because she was American (right, she doesn't get unfairness as a brown-skinned American female) and a bunch of other stuff Puck honestly tuned out before her mom finally found them and jumped in.

Any residual annoyance she felt from thinking of her job immediately disappeared once she saw the pictures of Dris in his cat eats cooing over how cute he looked, still slightly amazed by how long his hair was back then apparently. "I can't imagine why one of your gay dads would want all of you to have a pair of rainbow mickey mouse ears. Can't even fathom. It's a mystery." she replied dryly. When he kept flipping and playing with his hair Puck tried to look anywhere but at him and took another long sip of her drink instead. This turned out to be a mistake as she choked and ended up coughing hearing Dris say he was taken aback by her-her?!-to remember that he freaking playing professional quidditch. She supposed after both of them had taken turns nearly dying at their table, the waitress would finally get concerned enough to come over. When she could actually breathe she told her she was fine and yes she was done with her plate. On the subject of dessert however....she was still debating.

Hearing about his plans, his actual dream plans, she could definitely empathize since she didn't want to be teaching in the next five years but whereas Dris knew exactly what he wanted, she was still kinda figuring it out. "I'm not uh, I'm not actually mad about you not telling me about the quidditch thing just erm...honestly I was a little confused. Still am really. Even if you're just a reserve you have to be getting, y'know, major bank. But you're also working at your uncle's potion shop? It sorta felt like you were hiding it from me. Like you didn't trust me or something." Puck admitted uneasily. She understood that maybe he didn't want to tell his life's story to a person he'd just met but, considering how they met and what they've been doing since then, you'd think it would've come up at least once. And not from her younger brother and a monthly magazine. She really didn't want to make this seem like a big bad thing but, if they were going to be dating she should tell him now how she felt rather than let it simmer beneath the surface right?

Miss Gryffindork

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:21 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I hope she's not mad

Dris nodded along as Puck spoke more about her job and the parents that thought their child ought to star every time, regardless of skill, casting... or whatever. Apparently the parents usually opted to complain to Puck, rather than the people in charge. "People get a thrill tormenting those they perceive as powerless. You'd be surprised how many people think it's perfectly fine to be absolutely horrible to people they think are just... I dunno, peons or something. People can be mean, and I'm sorry they're mean to you." He sighed softly, thinking back to the previous summer. He'd had to dry his sister's tears because some arsehole decided to pretend he was better than her. It had been that event that made him realize that point. The fact that it took something like that to drive the point home made him a bit ashamed in himself, but now he had new determination to prevent that sort of thing.

He sipped his tea again and adjusted his stance, stretching and popping his back before leaning back forward. After showing off his Disney picture, she teased about not knowing why one of his gay dads would want rainbow-ears. That caused him to laugh. "You'd know if you met Milo. He's like... super out there. He's just kinda weird. Probably because he grew up with like 25 female cousins. He's just strange." He chuckled, thinking of his very goofy dads. If he had to say it was either, Milo definitely fit the bill. Wyatt was way more down to earth. James was just... flowy. But he technically wasn't a parent, despite his big hand in raising Dris.

When Puck choked up, Dris looked concerned at her, and apparently the waitress assumed the same. Both declared their plates finished, and Puck said she'd debate on dessert. Supposedly this place had really nice shortcakes, so he kind of wanted to try those if she decided she was hungry for sweets. After his little speech on quidditch and how it wasn't his end goal, Puck mentioned she felt like he was hiding part of himself from her, as if in an act of distrust. At that Dris looked surprised. He moved to hold her hand again, pondering his next words carefully. "First, please let me be clear it never had anything to do with not trusting you. Hell, I've already trusted you with more than just that. It's... it's just well, I wanted you to like me for me, y'know? Not because I play quidditch professionally, but as me. As Dris the strange and tall cat-loving artist. Because that's me. And if you want to add in helpful to my uncle, sure, but my intention was never to... fool you. And if I'd known it would hurt you, I'd have said that first. But I also don't like press conferences and interviews and all that. Not with my personal life. Plus..." He exhaled softly before continuing, "I didn't want you to think I was bragging or being a vain jerk. I mean, I'm decent at Seeking, but that's not nearly the most important thing about me, I feel." His long fingers gently squeezed her hand, his eyes studying her carefully. He felt genuinely bad at the notion that she thought he was being hurtful, especially because he never wanted her to feel that way. In fact, his intentions were as far opposite that as they could be. And he didn't want her to get mobbed by asinine fangirls or idiots with cameras hoping to make it in the news. He wanted her to be free and wild and .... he wanted her to want him as he was, not just because he was semi-famous and had a fair bit of money in the bank. No, he truly hoped she liked him as he was.

Yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:50 pm

User Image

☯⚝ϟPuck blinked slowly at Dris' surprisingly deep answer as to why her student's parents behaved the way they did. It almost sound like he'd experienced it personally and while she was curious, she knew there was certain stuff people had to work up to telling someone so she just closed the door on that issue for the moment. If it came up again, maybe she'd ask, or maybe not. There were some things that were allowed to be private. Which yes, she realized how slightly hypocritical that was after her mention of feeling untrustworthy by her new beau not telling her about his official profession.

She giggled as he responded to her sass about how his dad was very proud about his status, which he had every right to be, and mentioned it might have to do with all the females in his family. Twenty five to be exact. Good lord, she could count her entire family on both hands she couldn't even imagine. "That's kinda amazing though. I don't really have any cousins so, I can't really fathom over twenty." she chuckled. Wait, since they were dating, does that mean she would have to eventually meet all twenty something of them? She was still trying to figure out which side of Diagon his family had a boon on, now she had added cousins?! Gods, she was going to need a ledger and a cheat sheet just to remember people's names wasn't she?

Puck's earlier feelings about being hypocritical returned threefold after Dris held her hand (again, this man wanted her dead before the bill she just freaking knew it) and explained in depth why he hadn't told her. She felt like the literal scum off the street. Of course he trying to hide something from her, he was just waiting for the right time, which was the time she legit threw in his face. Scratch that, she wasn't scum, she was the mold growing upon the scum. She felt awful and him looking so sweet and squeezing her hand was not making her feel any better the jerk."I...feel like the biggest b***h on the planet right now. You have literally nothing to be sorry about, in fact I should be the one apologizing! That was something you had a right to keep to yourself until you felt comfortable enough to tell me, I shouldn't have mentioned it the way I did. I just, Idunno, it just felt like it was way too good to be true y'know? You're cute, you're funny, you're this weird mix of adorable and smooth that should actually not be a thing for medical reasons because of hearth palpitations and, and you said you were 'taken aback' by me? Me?!" Puck snorted again not even bothering to try and hide her embarrassment.

"Also you're like the least braggy person I know so I really feel like a major d**k for even thinking you'd keep this under wraps for ulterior motives. And you wear paint stains like a badge of honor, vain is literally the last word I could think of for you. I'm just..I'm really sorry for saying otherwise. If it makes you feel better, the moment I found out all I could really think was 'well s**t, I guess I've gotta start paying attention to quidditch now'. I don't care what your official job title is or isn't, I care about Dris the strange uber tall cat loving dork who nearly ran into the door of his uncle's shop because he wanted to grab crepes with a girl he just met. Everything else is secondary and unimportant." Puck finished her apology now using both of her hands to cradle Dris' and meeting his eyes to let him know she meant every word she said and to know how sorry she really felt.

Miss Gryffindork

Shopping in the UK

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items