Reply 33. ✿ - - - Parenting
Babysitting Fiasco.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

+Pepsi.Product.Orgasm+

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:54 pm
I am the babysitter. Just letting this be known.

I love my nieces and nephew to bits.
I'm not quite as attached to my nephew since his real real psycho mom has him. (He's a step nephew, but pretty much everyone is welcome in my book so I have no hard feelings.)
It's just hard to deal with.

To start off with, the step-nephew.
He's the oldest, 14. He lies, steals, and has learn to hit women because his mom has abused him and his mom's ex-boyfriend beat her and the kids. He also goes along with his mom's antics on antagonizing his 12 year old sister. (He also makes my two other nieces to follow along with teasing her.)

The 12 year old step-niece.
She comes from a broken home. Her mom won't sign custody of her. She has not gone back to her own house, and it's wearing my sister down. This girl has been diagnosed with bipolar and adhd. Her mom calls her, screaming at her that she doesn't want anything to do with her. She only reads at a 3rd grade level and the other kids have called her stupid and such.

10 year old blood niece.
She's smart, but always gets pinned for the youngest' action. She's almost forced to take care of the 4 year old when I'm not there. She is also forced to share her room with her step-sister, the one with the problems. I think she feels lost in the mix of these kids because the youngest gets the most attention, she's going through preteen resentment but she's a brilliant student. My problem with her is she tries to jump in on conversations and tries to be completely adult. (My sister talks about all the drama in front of her, so she's starting to say things like b***h and stuff and thinks she will have no consequence.) She gets yelled at the most, and cries easily. I'm going to try and hang out with her one on one a few times to make her feel..I don't know..wanted? (My mom thought it was a great idea.)

The youngest. 4 year old blood niece.
She gets away with everything with her mom. It's hard for me to enforce rules when she gets away with murder. She tries the whole crying / sobbing until choking. All she has to do is say sorry, and it's like a war zone. It can get difficult when her mom comes home and she screams at the other girls for her mistake, when I was in the middle of at least teaching her something.

Any advice for me would be welcomed. Extremely welcomed.
sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:27 pm
+Pepsi.Product.Orgasm+

Unfortunately, you're not the parent. You can try to talk to your siblings about what you are seeing in the kids, just don't use an accusatory tone or they will shut you out before you can blink.

As for the kids, just be there for them. Offer them advice. Be a good role model.

When you are babysitting them, lay down your rules. Let your siblings know what your rules are, or they can find someone else. Don't let the 4 year old get away with murder with you. Call her out every single time. Invest in some ear plugs, she will throw tantrums. Use them in front of her. Just keep an eye on her.

That's my advice. It's your family though. Do what you think is best.  

Aliareana

Frozen Bunny

16,650 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
33. ✿ - - - Parenting

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items