Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Interpretation of Scripture
Pre-Trib question

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:41 am
Could someone help explain the difference between the Pre-Tribulation Translation from an one 'final swoop' of a Translation? Which is right in interpretation?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:24 pm
Tsur
Could someone help explain the difference between the Pre-Tribulation Translation from an one 'final swoop' of a Translation? Which is right in interpretation?

I am not sure I understand what you mean.

The rapture of the church is mentioned in Revelations 4. Then the church is not mentioned throughout the Tribulation chapters of Revelations. The Bride of Christ, the church, is being married to the Lamb of God during the tribulation.  

MadamedeLaValliere

Dedicated Seeker

18,250 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Tycoon 200

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:46 pm
Lol, I retract this question...I was quoting from a pastor I no longer listen too and had conflicting understandings of the Pre vs Post Trib translation...Either way I was confused...Sorry  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:50 pm
I just don't see it in chapter 4 at all...
1 Corinithians 15:51,52 does give a timeline though - "Behold, I tell you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet shall sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."

Pre-trib might be popular but it's not biblical.  

jack0076970

CherieBunnie

Sugary Hourglass

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:41 pm
jack0076970
I just don't see it in chapter 4 at all...
1 Corinithians 15:51,52 does give a timeline though - "Behold, I tell you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet shall sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."

Pre-trib might be popular but it's not biblical.

I agree with this. The most well-known parts of the Bible about the tribulation and rapture make this very clear. It is post-trib, but pre-wrath. The wrath being referred to throughout the Bible as "the great and terrible day of the Lord."

2 Thess 2:2-4 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Matthew 24:29-30 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Ratsah, if you have any other questions, let me know. I might be able to help you work it all out, because I feel I have a pretty clear understanding of this.  
Interpretation of Scripture

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games