Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:23 pm
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So my mom and I are both in college in the same major and in a month we are both suppose to get FASA money back and this time they are doing it differently by giving each student a card and for us to chose how we want to receive our money.

Well since I did not attend last year due to my FASA not being ready in time to pay for my classes I had to go this year. Well last year my mom went and said to me that she got a hundred and twenty bucks back because FASA paid for her classes and books. She told me that when I go and get my money then I have to give her half of my money because she thinks it is fair because I guess she wanted to like compromise on who was going to get what book because she thought we both were going at the same time. But only she went and since I am going now she thinks she is entitled to the money I get back.

I lost the card the college sent me and the replacement fee is like twenty bucks so I am waiting to get paid so i can get it. And today my mom has been harping me about how much was I getting back and wants to know why haven't I checked it yet. I had told her that I did activate my card so she does not know that I lost it but I am just getting annoyed with her getting on my back about the amount I am suppose to be getting back and she even said that her's might come in the mail because she has not activated the card yet!

Ugh! Like seriously shut up and worry about your own damn money! She probably wants to know so she can ahead of time figure out how much of it I'm suppose to give her.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:28 am
holy crap that sounds annoying! I'm usually the type that doesn't give a rats butt and i pretty much do what i want when it comes to matters like this if i feel i should i will if i feel i shouldn't and it will be known. Maybe if you talk to her and tell her it's not fair for her to harp you about your money and keep hers like the old saying goes "you can't have your cake and eat it too"!  

OpalDeerling

High-functioning Sweetheart

10,850 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500

HimeFiveCents

Overcharged Smoker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:40 pm
Don't let anybody just assume they are entitled to your money. I know she's your mom but its silly for her to just expect you to dish out cash because things didn't go the way they were first expected. Thats just kinda life. Now if you made some kind of agreement with her back then about all of this then that would be a different story, but if you never agreed to anything let her harp. Tell her neither of you are getting a free ride through college here so she should suck it up and deal. "Sorry ma, love ya but its my money and I need it now!" razz

It gets on my nerves when family think they can have their way with you because they're family. talk2hand I love mine to death but I don't allow them to treat me that way anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:54 pm
Dagera
Don't let anybody just assume they are entitled to your money. I know she's your mom but its silly for her to just expect you to dish out cash because things didn't go the way they were first expected. Thats just kinda life. Now if you made some kind of agreement with her back then about all of this then that would be a different story, but if you never agreed to anything let her harp. Tell her neither of you are getting a free ride through college here so she should suck it up and deal. "Sorry ma, love ya but its my money and I need it now!" razz

It gets on my nerves when family think they can have their way with you because they're family. talk2hand I love mine to death but I don't allow them to treat me that way anymore.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Well at the time she said, i was in a good mood and so I said that it was fair. But she doesn't have a good memory so it can't even be a verbal contract. I would be a little bit inclined to give her some of it if she admits that she did want to compromise but when I had mentioned it to her, I don't think she understood what I was saying because she just said "no I mean this and such and such." So maybe she didn't want to compromise on who buys which book.

But you're right it is my money and I do need it now since I just quit my job >_<

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
07. ✿ - - - Chatterbox [COME SPAM!]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items