Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:51 am
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I just went on Facebook and my ex just posted a rape comment and I wanted to know if you would find what he said offensive.

"Rape is a strong word. I prefer struggle snuggles smile "

I guess he is comparing rape to playful struggling and then snuggling? Yeah against someone's will!!! I can't believe he posted that.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:07 am
Being a rape victim I would beat the living crap out of him! But some people call it that to make their mind come to an ease about the situation. Say someone was talking about how a girl was raped and killed. The word has been used in so many terms and uses that the word has become something of a playful word instead of a serious word. I wouldn't mind (only a little bit....) having it called a "playful struggle snuggle" when you casually slip it into a conversation. Instead of "I'mma rape chu!" Being something funny put struggle snuggle or something with it. I would see it being acceptable then, but saying that for a facebook statues makes him sound like a rapist..... Just say >u>
Sorry if I rambled @u@  

Kumiko Fujiwa

Fluffy Lovergirl

13,225 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:30 am
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You didn't ramble. I always disliked that back in high school when someone was yelling rape whenever someone was playing around with them. I guess it can be said in a joking matter depending on the circumstances, but yeah posting that on Facebook really was not smart.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:45 am
I've found a lot of guys think we're being oversensitive when we express our distaste for those kind of jokes. I usually suggest that they go to prison, get raped repeatedly and then come back and tell me if they think this stuff is still funny. No takers yet.

Now if I was playing a game with someone and we get slaughtered by monsters and someone says "man we got raped." I would probably laugh. Context in this case is everything.  

Mishi Love

Benevolent Loiterer

10,275 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Object of Affection 150

Thistleclaw

Shirtless Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:22 am
I'm not bothered by it, my morbid sense of humor doesn't allow it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:56 pm
I'm one to think context is everything, like Mishi said. In the context of gaming and being destroyed in them, it's not really a big deal to me. While yeah, I'd prefer something else to be said, I wont be offended by it or anything. But to just randomly say something like that, as a Facebook status of all things, there is just no reason for that. If you think that's funny, then way to go, have ~*~fun~*~ with it (cough), but don't plaster it on your wall for people to see. Have a little laugh to yourself and keep it to yourself. I just feel like things like that are just to get a rise out of people and that's all he posted it for.

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500

StrayKit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:43 am
to me that's like saying "it's not rape, it's just surprise sex", i think a lot of the time society jokes about things that make us uncomfortable that way we can deal with it easier. is rape still horrible? absolutely. can people still be highly insensitive about it? easily. am i going to take offense to a few jokes about it when just about EVERY other topic out there gets joked about just as much? no, i'm not, but i'm also going to stay aware that this is a serious thing that effects men and women around the world(i've had a number of friends admit to it). but no, personally i'm not offended by that, i see it as another person joking about something like tons of others do and is, frankly, being predictably immature  
07. ✿ - - - Chatterbox [COME SPAM!]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games