Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Interpretation of Scripture
Manipulating the bible Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:10 pm
Glory be to God for he feeds me daily and keeps the Word in my heart so that I may not do the things I wish to do with my body. Blessed be his name forever and ever, the Christ! The Lord has rejuvenated me for a divine purpose, and I give thanks to him for all he has given me and his comfort. Alleluia!

As for manipulation, the prince of this world does it all the time. It should not surprise us that the lost, the blinded, would do the same for they do not know what they do. The devil is the great deceiver.

Full passage.

1 Corinthians 6:9

New King James Version (NKJV)

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,

Hebrews 13:4

4 Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed undefiled; but fornicators and adulterers God will judge.

1 Timothy 1

Greeting

1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ, by the commandment of God our Savior and the Lord Jesus Christ, our hope,

2 To Timothy, a true son in the faith:

Grace, mercy, and peace from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

No Other Doctrine

3 As I urged you when I went into Macedonia—remain in Ephesus that you may charge some that they teach no other doctrine, 4 nor give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which cause disputes rather than godly edification which is in faith. 5 Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith, 6 from which some, having strayed, have turned aside to idle talk, 7 desiring to be teachers of the law, understanding neither what they say nor the things which they affirm.

8 But we know that the law is good if one uses it lawfully, 9 knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 10 for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine, 11 according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God which was committed to my trust.

Glory to God for His Grace

12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord who has enabled me, because He counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry, 13 although I was formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and an insolent man; but I obtained mercy because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. 14 And the grace of our Lord was exceedingly abundant, with faith and love which are in Christ Jesus. 15 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief. 16 However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life. 17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.

Fight the Good Fight

18 This charge I commit to you, son Timothy, according to the prophecies previously made concerning you, that by them you may wage the good warfare, 19 having faith and a good conscience, which some having rejected, concerning the faith have suffered shipwreck, 20 of whom are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I delivered to Satan that they may learn not to blaspheme.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:08 pm
And yet, even Bible Gateway has footnotes for NKJV that says "homosexuals" really means "catamites," which were men who had sexual relations with young boys. The Greek word also relates to male prostitutes, men who are actively participating in homosexual acts.

In addition, other versions say "those who practice homosexuality" (ESV says that), among other descriptions along those lines. "Homosexual offenders" and so forth. There isn't any contradiction—they're all saying the same thing.

And honestly, it makes sense when compared to levitical law, which punished those who practiced homosexual acts. None of it proves, though, that a homosexual, who is sufficiently denying him/herself, won't inherit the kingdom of God. It only proves that a homosexual who indulges in homosexual acts won't inherit the kingdom of God.  

kdke

Anxious Noob

Islamic Teacher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:36 am
Here's my Islamic View of Homosexuality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6S1W6_AXDc  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:23 am
Growing up in a church where the Bible was manipulated often - I had generally noticed when I was setting my beliefs right by finally reading my Bible and studying what was right that some people are afraid of the truth. The church I grew up in said, "Men having long hair is a sin, and women having short hair is a sin because she looks like a boy." Both are not Biblical statements, but they are opinions based on society and these people don't like it when men have long hair or when women have short hair so they incorporate that into their doctrine because it makes them feel comfortable about discrimination - as if they believe that God allows it if they can twist the Bible to fit that need.

Generally, those that twist scripture have an ideal in their mind that isn't right with God, and seems right in their own opinion so they find a way to twist scripture to make it right so they feel better about their belief and can point out verses in the Bible, twist it around, and make people believe that that ideal is Biblical when it isn't. These people use a false crutch - they can't stand the reality of what God wants us to be and what he wants us to believe because they don't want to have to change their mindset since they believe they are perfectly fine the way they are. This is something that will continue to happen throughout the ages, but we can guard ourselves against falling prey to false doctrine by constantly studying God's word.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Nico Says Things

Shirtless Noob

7,250 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:45 am
Studies have been done that show that the brains of homosexuals more closely resemble the brain of the opposite sex.

Basically, they literally have brain parts from one sex, but the genitals of another.

GOD mixed their brain & genitals.

Why?

Does he want science to surgically correct the brain or the body part? Or does God not actually care about who someone emotionally & physically devotes oneself to?
Let us be reminded that the scripture's original translation never specified Sodom's sin to be homosexuality and that it prohibited sex with catamites (little boy prostitutes), not same-sex relations between two consenting adults.

So, again: why did God mix the brain & genitals?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:58 am
Nico Says Things
Studies have been done that show that the brains of homosexuals more closely resemble the brain of the opposite sex.

Basically, they literally have brain parts from one sex, but the genitals of another.

GOD mixed their brain & genitals.

Why?

Does he want science to surgically correct the brain or the body part? Or does God not actually care about who someone emotionally & physically devotes oneself to?
Let us be reminded that the scripture's original translation never specified Sodom's sin to be homosexuality and that it prohibited sex with catamites (little boy prostitutes), not same-sex relations between two consenting adults.

So, again: why did God mix the brain & genitals?

Does that have to be the case? That he intentionally wanted to mix the body of a male or the brain of a female, and then go on to condemn that person when he did what God programmed him to do? It is only a good argument for homosexuality if there was no fall. No universal head (Adam) of humanity through which all have sinned, and making sin now present in us, and in creation. Sin also have an effect on biology, psychological, on all aspects of man, and creation.

What are your sources when you say that Sodom's sin was not homosexuality? I am just asking because it would be easier for me to understand how you can say this if you provide reference. smile  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Interpretation of Scripture

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas