Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:38 pm
User Image

Trager looked at Azure, a concerned yet exasperated look on her face. She was visiting him in the hut that they had shared after the storm, but Trager had long since moved out after starting her family. "I worry about you a lot big brother. You can't just stay in here forever. You need to get out and meet someone else. I don't just mean..." Trager didn't want to say it, she had to be sensitive about what she said because he was being a bit sensitive. "Make some guy friends!"

Azure shook his head and flopped back down onto his makeshift bed. "I can't Tray..." It was thanks to her that he was even still alive probably, he had no intentions on leaving HQ when the storm hit, but she had dragged him out anyways. "There's just no point..."

"Don't give me that, Azure!" Trager was fed up and frustrated with his mopey attitude, she was going to get him out of here one way or another. "Dyas wouldn't want you if she came back... you're just a shell of who you used to be." She finally went there, she regretted it a little bit when she saw the pained look that streaked across his face, it had to be done though, for his good. "I want you to go for a walk... see the sun, feel the ground, breathe some fresh air... it really is kind of stuffy in here. I don't care if you talk to another pae or not. Just please, look at the world for a little bit. You used to love walking through the forest... for me? For your nephews?"

He really didn't want to, it was so much easier to just stay here, and hide his miserable self from the world. Azure could tell from the look on her face that she wasn't going to back down on this one. It was just a walk, if he just got it over with, kept his head down maybe she would let him be for a little while. "Alright, Trager. I'm going by myself though, I just want time to think." It was really more like retrace all the memories he had and then probably find a place to sit down and cry, but she was his little sister so he needed to lie to her for her good.

Azure waved goodbye to Trager and left his hut, walking through the forest just like he used to only with a much different gait. His head was held low, and his feet shoved the dirt around with every slow, dragged out step. Azure listened to the birds, which brought some small joy deep within him, but it wasn't really enough. His steps brought him closer to the river, but he really hadn't set off in any specific course of direction.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:06 pm
User Image

"Brandy?.... Brandy!" Kahlua peered out over the balcony of their hut, looking out into the river below. "Brandy, I know you're here, I can see your bubbles." With a sigh, the brown and creme Pae waited for her daughter to surface before she continued. "I'm going to be going out to see what I can gather for dinner tonight. Please try not to burn the house down while I'm gone."

Her daughter did nothing but snort, giving her mother an irritated look.

"Oh please, daughter, looks don't kill." She smiled and lifted a hand up to wave good bye, took the woven basket from beside the door, and left.

She had only been out for half an hour when she saw the most blue Pae she had ever seen; and not just his color. His downcast look, slumped shoulders, dragging footsteps all expressed the sorrow that he held. Glancing down into her basket to see how much food she had collected, she looked back up to him.

"You seem to carry much on your mind."

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:22 am
Azure really hadn't expected to run into someone, and if he had run into someone he really hadn't expected them to talk to him either, or at least he hoped that he would be ignored. He looked up at the pae who had addressed him, an angel like himself. He noticed her basket and responded, "You seem to carry much... in your hands." Azure really didn't want to talk to some stranger about his problems. They would think him as pathetic as his little sister thought of him. He should have moved on long ago, he knew that, but it didn't make things easier. Even with his melancholy and anti-social nature, he had a hard time being downright rude though, it wasn't in his nature. "Uhm, do you need help carrying it?" He offered, Azure couldn't just see a female carrying a large load, point it out, and not offer to help.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:30 pm
It didn't take a genius to understand that Azure had evaded her unspoken offer of being an ear. Not that Kahlua could blame him, he didn't know her after all and she would probably evade in the same way. Still, she took no offence to him and instead lifted the basket she was holding. While it was quite heavy with the bounty she'd collected, mostly vegetables as well as a few fruits and nuts, she didn't seem to be bothered with the weight.

"That's a very kind offering, but I believe I can manage. Thank you for your kindness though." She paused for a moment, then brought a welcoming smile to her face. "Though, my daughter and I can't possibly eat all of this ourselves and you look like you could use a meal to warm you down to your soul. Would you please come for dinner?

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:03 pm
Azure's eyes widened, curse him and his inability to be mean, he could have avoided this altogether. He had a feeling like Trager might have set this up, he must have had the lady follow him, he could have been completely oblivious to it because he was so off. He had it in his mind to say no, this was just supposed to have been a walk. "Oh uhm... alright. It isn't good to waste food I suppose." He refused... oh wait... he had accepted?! He sighed, but it would be virtually unnoticeable considering the melancholic look that was already on his face. Azure hadn't been eating all that well since HQ's destruction, since that had always provided for his food needs, maybe some real food would be nice. There was also mention of a daughter, maybe a young child would lift his spirits, he thought. "How far is it to your place?' He attempted to make conversation, though it was awkward, it had been along time since he had talked to anyone but Trager, he hadn't even thought to ask for the pae's name after all.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:14 pm
Kahlua beamed brightly. "Wonderful! It's always nice to share our bounty with others." She seemed completely unconcerned with the fact that she didn't even know this Pae's name and instead began walking towards the river.

"My daughter and I live just a little ways from here on the banks. Oh, do you have any food preferences?" The entire time, the smile never faded from her face and soon there was a hut up ahead with a balcony that headed off into the river almost like a dock.

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:22 pm
Azure started following the stranger pae. There was a little less drag to his feet as he walked, it was difficult to keep up the 'depressed' routine when others were watching, it was so much easier when he was alone, or with Trager since he didn't really care what she thought. "Uhm... I like... food... yes." Was all Azure could respond, he ate berried from a bush near his hut when he got hungry and he was just a little bit sick of them, but he didn't really know how to gather or cook. Anything else sounded good, especially if he didn't have to make it, he just didn't have the energy to make things. "This is...a nice place." Azure said, once again attempting to make conversation. "Did you live here before the storm?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:58 pm
"Thank you, a lot of time went into making it just right for my daughter." She hesitated, thinking back to that awful time. "We did... and it was hard at first when it was all destroyed. Thankfully, we were blessed to be alright and rebuilding came easily. After all, it was just material things that we lost; nothing that couldn't be replaced."

She hesitated for a moment, then glanced at him. "You don't need to answer... but what about yourself? Did the storm affect you?"

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:49 pm
Azure nodded his head, it wasn't the thing that had broken him, that had happened before, so he didn't mind talking about it. "Same as a lot of pae, I used to live in HQ and when it was destroyed... well... I have a hut now, but it has been difficult learning to live without that place." Living had already been difficult before the storm had happened, but he certainly couldn't find any motivation to teach himself basic survival things.

Azure looked at the hut, half tempted to run away before he might go inside. He really just wanted to go inside and get this over with so he could go back home and hide in his bed. So far, there really hadn't been much to remind him of the hurts though, and that was nice. He had to be honest with himself, a lot of the memories were starting to fade, only the pain really lingered.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:14 pm
It was a quaint little home, quite cozy with a manor of comfortable wooden chairs, blankets and pillows galore. Kahlua, ever the proper host, waved him in. "Please, make yourself completely at home. I'm going to go in and began making dinner. Would you like anything to drink, perhaps some tea?"

Although she had mentioned a daughter, there seemed to be no one else in the hut, though the place was plenty big for two.

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:47 pm
"Just water I guess," Azure responded as Kahlua left him to his own devices. He stood awkwardly at the entrance to the home for awhile, before finally making his way to a chair and sitting even more awkwardly at the edge of the chair staring at his feet. It seemed kind of weird to Azure that her daughter wasn't around, it didn't make sense to let a child wander out on their own, although he had been a child who wandered off on his own. Now really did seem like a good chance to run, he wouldn't have to say anything or be seen, he could just walk out the door. Azure looked up from his feet and shifted in the chair, his eyes looking around as he stood up.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:43 pm
User Image

There was the soft splash from outside the balcony, and a few seconds later another female walked in, her skin a glowing orange and her hair wispy like flames. Unlike Kahlua, whose expression was warm and tender, this particular individual looked down right sour, as if she really didn't want to be there but had no where better to be. A towel was wrapped around her lower half, but her fin-like wings made it obvious that she was a Niade, and slung over her shoulder was a seaweed bag with a few fish tails sticking out.

As soon as she noticed the unfamiliar male in her mother's living room, she droped the bag and whiped her towel out from around her, ready to use it as a weapon of sorts... or at least a net. "Who are you." She demanded.

"Oh, Brandy, you're back!" Kahlua came out and made sure to settle herself between her guest and daughter. "Now now, that's no way to be treating a house guest."

Turning to Azure, she offered him a wooden cup filled with water. "Please forgive my daughter, Brandy. Brandy this is... uhm... I suppose I have forgotten our own introductions. I'm Kahlua."

Brandy frowned, watching her mother and the stranger with narrow eyes.  

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:15 pm
"I... uh..." Azure stuttered as her was forcibly pushed back into his seat in order to put some distance between him and the fiery female who had just entered the house. He would've asked her who she was in return, since she didn't seem to be the child of the other person. This other pae clearly had a resemblance to the woman who had led him here though, she just wasn't a child. Azure breathed a sigh of relief when the first female came between the two of them and he relaxed into his seat a little bit. He might have not wanted to live, but he decided he certainly didn't want to die after that encounter.

Azure looked around the angel pae to get a look at the other pae, her presumed child. Those were interesting wings... and was her hair on fire? Azure's eyes widened as he took her in. Azure took the cup from the female and gulped it down rather quickly. "Azure" he responded simply, he was still in a bit of shock. "So this is your child?" Azure couldn't help but laugh, the female had never really called the other her child, he had just assumed that she would be a child. "It is nice to meet you both." When Brandy frowned at him he quickly straightened up so that he was once again hiding behind Kahlua.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:30 pm
Not once did Brandy's eyes leave Azure, and it was clear that she was not pleased. Upon her mother clearing her throat, she frowned and spoke in a low voice. "Its a pleasure to meet you; welcome." She dropped the damp towel on the floor and yanked her bag back up onto her shoulder, gliding furiously into the kitchen.

With a sigh, Kahlua picked up the towel and hung it out over the balcony rail before she came back in and settled in one of the other chairs. "I am so sorry, Azure. My daughter doesn't exactly have the best manors I'm afraid. Please take no offence though, you are most welcome here." With a twinkle of amusement in her eyes, she covered her mouth to hide a chuckle. "I apologize for not explaining that she wasn't a child. I suppose it's a mother's mindset that their children will always stay as just that."  

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:50 pm
Azure felt like he was finally able to blink once the stare down with this Brandy pae was over. He let out a nervous laugh as he slowly sipped at the small amount of water left after his initial chugging. "She doesn't think..." Azure didn't even want to say it, what if that had been Trager's plan, to set him up with Kahlua?! His mind was whirling, he felt like he had been thrown into a situation that was far beyond his control."Her... uh... personality matches her hair." Azure mentioned, thinking it was ironic, although it probably wasn't the best complement to pay to her mother. "It's alright, really. I had just thought..." he never expected an adult child to still live with their parent, but he really didn't know the situation. Azure kept his mouth shut though, he was a guest here and he was now finding it difficult not to say something offensive about her daughter.  
:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff