Submit

Beth Phoenix23

Beloved Gaian

11,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:05 pm
Was it tough or challenging or did you find it easy? I'm thinking about getting a job but the main thing that is holding me back is I don’t know if it will be too tough to handle sweatdrop Advice is welcome as well!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:46 am
i have really bad anxiety that gets worse when i have a lot of stress and i have a really full plate this semester with all the reading i have to do for my english classes. so i've kinda avoided being employed and going to school at the same time. i hope to look in the summer for one instead but i have at least half of my friends working and going to classes and it can really drain you  

StrayKit

Madame Morocco

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:52 am
It was half and half with me. Last semester I was going to school full time while my job was part time, but because I signed up for the holiday season, it became full time for me. Sometimes it was easy depending on the assignments (I had Criminal Law, Web Design, Financial Accounting, & Public Speaking), but if it came to a test or my finals? Possibly the hardest moments of my life. I brought my homework and books with me to work to study during breaks. I did pretty okay in my classes, but my suggestion to you is sticking with a part time job at most, otherwise you're going to get super stressed out from trying to balance everything. Then again, if you're one of those people who can, then you could look for more hours. And since the holiday season is over, I think you'll do just fine =3.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:14 am
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Just make sure it fits with your academic schedule and if it helps then only apply for part time. I don't know how my sister does it though. She once had two jobs and like seven or eight classes.

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Beth Phoenix23

Beloved Gaian

11,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:50 pm
Thank you everyone who has replied. biggrin I'm still in high school so I dont have as many free-hours as college students but somehow I wil make it work.

Another question, I know it depends state to state but but do jobs typically have high school students work late at night or is it a certain time wont force you to work.

29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games