Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:26 pm
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Okay so I was on this website reading some of the earlier episode summaries about this show I liked and one of the storyline was about this teen who got pregnant by her step brother and so I read the episodes summaries and it just changed my opinion on abortion.

I use to think that it was killing a baby and that it was wrong and that I was against it but after reading about how everyone around her wanted her to keep the baby or have the baby and just give it to the father, just made me think about it the controversial topic in a different light.

I guess you can say I am for it now just under certain circumstances.

I think what really changed my opinion was the "being forced to a have baby you don't want", line. I mean why should a woman be forced to have a baby she doesn't want? And who is to say she is going to love it? And there are enough kids already in adoption homes so it's one less baby you have to place.

This storyline was interesting. It was even ridiculous as they were talking about getting an injunction on her so she couldn't get one and when she was finally talked to death into saying yes they quickly pulled out legal papers saying that she is going to give the baby to the father and all this other stuff. It was just ridiculous!

So yeah just wanted to share that.....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:39 pm
little aishi chan
I think what really changed my opinion was the "being forced to a have baby you don't want", line. I mean why should a woman be forced to have a baby she doesn't want?

Look, I don't mean to start an argument ect about something that is as sensitive and personal as abortion - but when you use that logic.....

'Being forced to have a baby you don't want'. Does that apply to somebody who gets drunk every Saturday, goes out to the clubs, hooks up with somebody, and then as a result of their actions they get pregnant? Does this apply to somebody who does the exact same thing sober? Does this apply to a successful business woman or a student who's been getting up to hanky panky with little thought as to what the consequences are? Just because it's inconvenient for the mother, does that mean that abortion should be ok?

Personaly, I agree with your statement 'I guess you can say I am for it now just under certain circumstances. ' But I guess you could say the circumstances I have where I would deem getting an abortion the right thing to do would be:

- In case of Rape - where the girl is under the age of 16 or legal age of consent, and then that should be the girls decision, not her parents, and not that of the rapist. But as somebody who has never suffered the horror of rape and the psychological and physical effects it has on a person, its not fair or just for me to deem certain thing acceptable or not.

- In case where there is danger to both the mother and the baby. For example the case of the Indian Nurse in Ireland where the baby in terms of brain function was already dead but it's heart beat was still going, despite the fact the body was already naturally being aborted, but the Catholic hospital in which the woman was being treated still deemed the baby 'alive' and would not allow her to abort artificially via means of an operation. Consequently, a father lost his child, and a husband lost his wife. In cases where the mother has cancer, or the child has a condition that can be recognised en-utero that would mean complications during pregnancy resulting in the death of either the mother or the child or both should be considered an ok situation for abortion.

Those are the two instances where I personally would deem it ok. But to be honest, it's not as simple as that. There are heaps of ethical issues that need to be considered - chief among them is the right the woman has to her own body.

The purpose of this response I guess you could say is I want to challenge people to think deeply and carefully about the implications of abortion actually are. Sure there are heaps of children in the foster care and adoption system, but then how many of those children are the results of so called 'adults' pleasure seeking and such. The root issue isn't so much abortion, but the fact that people are selfish, don't think of the consequences of sex. Inconvenience in the sense it will impede your social life or work prospects or whatever should NOT be a factor in abortion. Basically, if you're not ready for the consequence, don't have sex. If you're not ready for the jail time don't do the crime.  

Stormgem

Tipsy Streaker

10,250 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:43 pm
Stormgem
little aishi chan
I think what really changed my opinion was the "being forced to a have baby you don't want", line. I mean why should a woman be forced to have a baby she doesn't want?

Look, I don't mean to start an argument ect about something that is as sensitive and personal as abortion - but when you use that logic.....

'Being forced to have a baby you don't want'. Does that apply to somebody who gets drunk every Saturday, goes out to the clubs, hooks up with somebody, and then as a result of their actions they get pregnant? Does this apply to somebody who does the exact same thing sober? Does this apply to a successful business woman or a student who's been getting up to hanky panky with little thought as to what the consequences are? Just because it's inconvenient for the mother, does that mean that abortion should be ok?

Personaly, I agree with your statement 'I guess you can say I am for it now just under certain circumstances. ' But I guess you could say the circumstances I have where I would deem getting an abortion the right thing to do would be:

- In case of Rape - where the girl is under the age of 16 or legal age of consent, and then that should be the girls decision, not her parents, and not that of the rapist. But as somebody who has never suffered the horror of rape and the psychological and physical effects it has on a person, its not fair or just for me to deem certain thing acceptable or not.

- In case where there is danger to both the mother and the baby. For example the case of the India Nurse in Ireland where the baby in terms of brain function was already dead but it's heart beat was still going, despite the fact the body was already naturally being aborted, but the Catholic hospital in which the woman was being treated still deemed the baby 'alive' and would not allow her to abort artificially via means of an operation. Consequently, a father lost his child, and a husband lost his wife. In cases where the mother has cancer, or the child has a condition that can be recognised en-utero that would mean complications during pregnancy resulting in the death of either the mother or the child or both should be considered an ok situation for abortion.

Those are the two instances where I personally would deem it ok. But to be honest, it's not as simple as that. There are heaps of ethical issues that need to be considered - chief among them is the right the woman has to her own body.

The purpose of this response I guess you could say is I want to challenge people to think deeply and carefully about the implications of abortion actually are. Sure there are heaps of children in the foster care and adoption system, but then how many of those children are the results of so called 'adults' pleasure seeking and such. The root issue isn't so much abortion, but the fact that people are selfish, don't think of the consequences of sex. Inconvenience in the sense it will impede your social life or work prospects or whatever should NOT be a factor in abortion.

User Image

Quote:
I guess you can say I am for it now just under certain circumstances.

I also said this too. I just never listed the circumstances and no getting drunk and then getting knocked up is not what I meant. I'm not gonna read all that you wrote because this isn't a debate and you didn't seem to bother to try and find out what certain circumstances I was talking about.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:49 pm
little aishi chan

"Look, I don't mean to start an argument ect about something that is as sensitive and personal as abortion - but when you use that logic....."

^^Did you at least read that bit?

Also, the point of my post was to try and figure out what exactly your 'certain circumstances where it would be ok' were and if they were similar to what I think. Please don't see this as an attack on your opinion. Because that was far from the intention I had. I more wanted to flesh out what exactly you opinion was, would you care to clarify? Or should we just leave this as is?

EDIT: I think the reason I bothered to reply to your thread in the first place was because I do feel like abortion is something that should be debated, civilly, and with full argument, but also respect to the right everybody has to their own opinions. I obviously interpreted your argument for your change in belief differently from what you intended, so I do apologise for that.

Also, if you are going to post something like this here, you do have to realise it has the potential to become a debate unless you state you don't want it to become as such.  

Stormgem

Tipsy Streaker

10,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:52 pm
Stormgem
little aishi chan

"Look, I don't mean to start an argument ect about something that is as sensitive and personal as abortion - but when you use that logic....."

^^Did you at least read that bit?

Also, the point of my post was to try and figure out what exactly your 'certain circumstances where it would be ok' were and if they were similar to what I think. Please don't see this as an attack on your opinion. Because that was far from the intention I had. I more wanted to flesh out what exactly you opinion was, would you care to clarify? Or should we just leave this as is?

User Image

I think you mean circumstances where I DION'T think it's okay and that would be when they want to treat abortions like birth control, hence your drunk woman example.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:55 pm
little aishi chan

User Image

I think you mean circumstances where I DION'T think it's okay and that would be when they want to treat abortions like birth control, hence your drunk woman example.

My question works either way.

And thank-you for clearing that up. I too am against abortion being used in the same way that birth control is.  

Stormgem

Tipsy Streaker

10,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:55 pm
User Image

This guild has a debate sub forum so the fact that I posted this in the chatterbox should say this isn't up for a debate. rolleyes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:03 pm
little aishi chan
User Image

This guild has a debate sub forum so the fact that I posted this in the chatterbox should say this isn't up for a debate. rolleyes

The nature of such a topic as abortion, being that it is something that is highly controversial, is something you probably should expect a debate or at least a discussion on it when you post something along the lines of what you did. To be clear I'm not attacking you here.

Opinionated people tend to lurk in both the chatter box and in the debate/issues forums. Also, some people, like myself browse by the most recent post feature. That may attribute to them failing to pick up on the subtle clue as to where this is placed. This topic caught my eye, so I read it and offered a response. I'm sorry if it has offended or upset you in any way.  

Stormgem

Tipsy Streaker

10,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:06 pm
Stormgem
little aishi chan
User Image

The nature of such a topic as abortion, being that it is something that is highly controversial, is something you probably should expect a debate or at least a discussion on it when you post something along the lines of what you did. To be clear I'm not attacking you here.

Opinionated people tend to lurk in both the chatter box and in the debate/issues forums. Also, some people, like myself browse by the most recent post feature. That may attribute to them failing to pick up on the subtle clue as to where this is placed. This topic caught my eye, so I read it and offered a response. I'm sorry if it has offended or upset you in any way.

User Image

I'm one who likes to post in the correct forum so if I wanted a debate I would go to the debate sub forum and post in the ready made topic and I suggest you do the same if you're looking for a debate because it's not happening here.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:13 pm
little aishi chan

Ok then. May I ask exactly what you were expecting to happen here then after you posted an opinion in a chatter box thread? By posting something such as this. Were you wanting to share your opinion and then have others agree with you? You've clarified that you don't want a debate, but like I have stated previously, Abortion and people opinions on it, is a topic that generates such conversation whether you want it to or not.

Since this is a chatter box post, can you honestly say that you wouldn't expect people to reply to your post? What nature of reply were you expecting? Again, I am not trying to attack you, I'm trying to figure out exactly what your aim was.

Again, I apologise if my original post offended you.  

Stormgem

Tipsy Streaker

10,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:15 pm
Stormgem
little aishi chan

Ok then. May I ask exactly what you were expecting to happen here then after you posted an opinion in a chatter box thread? By posting something such as this. Were you wanting to share your opinion and then have others agree with you? You've clarified that you don't want a debate, but like I have stated previously, Abortion and people opinions on it, is a topic that generates such conversation whether you want it to or not.

Since this is a chatter box post, can you honestly say that you wouldn't expect people to reply to your post? What nature of reply were you expecting? Again, I am not trying to attack you, I'm trying to figure out exactly what your aim was.

Again, I apologise if my original post offended you.

User Image

Can you just stop commenting right now. You already posted your opinion, so just stop commenting. Thank you! mad

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:23 pm
woahh you guys xD

It's funny that you both pretty much have the same idea yet all this is goin' on.

-wiggles around-

Either way, glad you could come up with a new opinion! Good job on being open-minded & being able to adapt to something new :3
That tends to be difficult for some people.

Lady Kira X

Caring Cleric

10,300 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

StrayKit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:02 pm
........*slowly backs away from everyone*

uh....happy thoughts everyone?  
07. ✿ - - - Chatterbox [COME SPAM!]

Manage Your Items