Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Bible Study
Pleading the Blood; Is it Scriptural?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:55 am
Pleading the Blood? What spiritual warfare really stands for.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:37 am
The handful of times I've heard this phrase used, I had no clue what they were referring to. Now I know. Sigh~ another superstition /)_-; Like most superstitions, it sounds good to the ear, but doesn't hold up to Yeshua's example nor the words that came out of his mouth nor his apostles' mouths. I wonder where this superstition gets its inspiration from? Could it be the story of Moses/passover? blood on the doorposts? But even still, that was in order to prevent YHWH (or his angel?) from touching you/entering your house (Hebrews 11:28; Exodus 11:4-5; 12:12, 29-30), not Satan or familiar spirits.

side note: unfortunately, he too got a bit superstitious by the end concerning another area: the name "Jesus" having to be articulated in english, lol. Complete 180° from the Sacred Name Movement. To compare: the Spanish pronunciation is "heh-seuss" ("seuss" as in "Dr. Seuss", lol), in English "gee-zus", in Korean "yeh-soo" (or "yeh-soo-nim" if you add the honorific) and in Hebrew "yeh-shoo-ah" (contracted of course; the KJV's concordance says "yeh-ho-shoo-ah" [»]). The most drastic pronunciation is the English "Gee-zus" IMO. If anyone is to be accused of "deviating" from the "accurate" pronunciation it's the foreigners, right? (a.k.a. us lol , especially since we're distant neighbors). Just thought I'd put that disclaimer so it doesn't leave anyone in this guild divisive over name pronunciation.  

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:51 pm
real eyes realize
The handful of times I've heard this phrase used, I had no clue what they were referring to. Now I know. Sigh~ another superstition /)_-; Like most superstitions, it sounds good to the ear, but doesn't hold up to Yeshua's example nor the words that came out of his mouth nor his apostles' mouths. I wonder where this superstition gets its inspiration from? Could it be the story of Moses/passover? blood on the doorposts? But even still, that was in order to prevent YHWH (or his angel?) from touching you/entering your house (Hebrews 11:28; Exodus 11:4-5; 12:12, 29-30), not Satan or familiar spirits.

side note: unfortunately, he too got a bit superstitious by the end concerning another area: the name "Jesus" having to be articulated in english, lol. Complete 180° from the Sacred Name Movement. To compare: the Spanish pronunciation is "heh-seuss" ("seuss" as in "Dr. Seuss", lol), in English "gee-zus", in Korean "yeh-soo" (or "yeh-soo-nim" if you add the honorific) and in Hebrew "yeh-shoo-ah" (contracted of course; the KJV's concordance says "yeh-ho-shoo-ah" [»]). The most drastic pronunciation is the English "Gee-zus" IMO. If anyone is to be accused of "deviating" from the "accurate" pronunciation it's the foreigners, right? (a.k.a. us lol , especially since we're distant neighbors). Just thought I'd put that disclaimer so it doesn't leave anyone in this guild divisive over name pronunciation.

I hope people take time to read your posts. ^^ They are always informative, and enlightening. Thank you for your contributions. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:07 pm
Always glad to contribute. 3nodding heart  

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:16 pm
Garland-Green
real eyes realize

I hope people take time to read your posts. ^^ They are always informative, and enlightening. Thank you for your contributions. smile

Haha, me too. It's because she's a Berean at heart. -takes notes- razz  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:26 pm
real eyes realize

Haha, I was about to "like" your post, and then I remembered this wasn't Facebook  

The Pollen Shed

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:41 pm
"Servant Reborn likes this"

So, I listened to the whole thing and I have mixed feelings about it. The blood thing was weird. I never heard that before, but I feel the orator was possibly incorrect in regards to the Jesus name and even the NKJV. It reminded me of what I read regarding the Quran, which supposedly only is true in Arabic. Any translation is called "Meanings" of Quran, and not Quran itself as if the translation is not the same message as Arabic. Not like it matters since Jesus was Hebrew.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:40 am
Servant Reborn
"Servant Reborn likes this"

So, I listened to the whole thing and I have mixed feelings about it. The blood thing was weird. I never heard that before, but I feel the orator was possibly incorrect in regards to the Jesus name and even the NKJV. It reminded me of what I read regarding the Quran, which supposedly only is true in Arabic. Any translation is called "Meanings" of Quran, and not Quran itself as if the translation is not the same message as Arabic. Not like it matters since Jesus was Hebrew.

I think he's very pro English so when he encounters another language he can be rather dogmatic about it.  

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Bible Study

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items